About ESF: Final xD

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The real joke is that he's not actually kidding. Sorry. Heard 2016-2017 will be good years.

Look on the bright side though. Xenoverse will be coming to PC. That should satisfy some hunger for this game until it will actually releases.

Now I have an even better question.

Special video for Christmas or New Years? Go.
That's funny.

Games like xenoverse will actually make people forget this mod, since it's allready outdated.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh look, two games for the series that I love. Better forget one because hey, its not like I can play both now can I. That would be illogical. :rolleyes:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenoverse is of no concern to the ESF Team.

Two very different games just the same subject matter

Besides when ESF comes out everyone will come crawling back

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As time goes by I'm becoming more and more concerned with the amount of people we will get regardless of how good or bad the game will turn out. Back then HL mods were pretty hot sh!t, we actually had lots of full server, remember that? ahh.. All the hot stuff from back then has faint pulse, the hl2 stuff is almost the same, even hl unreleated games that have huge marketing stuff, get lots of players at first but within a month its all gone. Good games, I mean really good games from indie companies sometimes just... vanish because no one even tries them... We will get some players, people that ate, slept, shat and drunk only esf back in the day. Id like to go on with my terrible predictions but..

Tl;dr version - I'm paranoid as a player that even if the game is good ( and considering I will like the game ) , I will not be satisfied by the amount of players there will be... leaving me with 8 empty server on the server list within months after the release... :( As the people who will try it will be only past hard core players, and some young hippies who will give this stone age game mod a try.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
To be honnest I doubt that Xenoverse will be so good as you people think it will be.
ESF in the other hand will be.
Dont forget that ESF also has a lot of freedom what I doubt that Xenoverse will have.

I will see people will eventualy go to ESF anyway.
They probs even going to forget Xenoverse earlier then they forget about ESF.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sting you cant really play favourites in this case. Its up to the person if he preffers fighters or shooters.

Though how many people play ESF will kinda depend on what exposure we can give it when the time comes.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Sting you cant really play favourites in this case. Its up to the person if he preffers fighters or shooters.

Though how many people play ESF will kinda depend on what exposure we can give it when the time comes.
Oh its not that I want to play favorites its just a fact from my own opinion.
Doesnt mean that I cant think that people will come to ESF anyway because of its freedom and gameplay.
But I let other people decide for what they like ofcourse.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers

In DBZ's case, I actually believe genre doesn't have anything to do with it, as its fanbase has proven again and again that if the fanservice is there, the game could be a Dating Sim and they would eat it up. As a guy who loves fighting games and dislikes the majority of DBZ console games (Super DBZ being the exception as I love it), I really enjoy ESF, its movement mechanics and the never stopping action was always a big plus to me and its wierd how any official DBZ game hasn't come close to replicate the same fast paced action, the Tenkaichi series have tried but all these cutscenes mid-match interrupting the flow of the combat don't do it for me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In DBZ's case, I actually believe genre doesn't have anything to do with it, as its fanbase has proven again and again that if the fanservice is there, the game could be a Dating Sim and they would eat it up. As a guy who loves fighting games and dislikes the majority of DBZ console games (Super DBZ being the exception as I love it), I really enjoy ESF, its movement mechanics and the never stopping action was always a big plus to me and its wierd how any official DBZ game hasn't come close to replicate the same fast paced action, the Tenkaichi series have tried but all these cutscenes mid-match interrupting the flow of the combat don't do it for me.
The limiting factor is the controller. Doing flashy and precise moves in a fully 3D movement system means relying on snap aiming. Something controllers are not capable of. So they built in a hard lock on system and made the flashy parts as cinematics.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Also Gameplay wise it's a big difference between mostly 1vs1 fights and 1vs all others on server :D ESF needs fast reactions and fast aiming/movement to win. Most Console DBZ games just need quick button smashing skills^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Also Gameplay wise it's a big difference between mostly 1vs1 fights and 1vs all others on server :D ESF needs fast reactions and fast aiming/movement to win. Most Console DBZ games just need quick button smashing skills^^
..^
/ ll \
..ll
This! There is magic in the moments you get it down and hold your own due to shear, refined reflex.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Yeah and I am allready tired when I read button smashing.
This is why ESF is so diffrent and thats why I think it makes it so good.
No button smashing but good reaction skills are needed.

But also some features makes the game so more diffrent then the console versions.
and 1 of them is: you can drag the person over the ground while swooping :D
And there are others as well that isnt seen in the console games yet but in ESF there will be.

Best answers
I think they will release the game at the end of 2015 , so i heard . :D

YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dont rob us of our dreams, they are all we have left right now!!!:brokenheart::brokenheart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom