About Detonation

Best answers
I think that the whole detonation tactic is -really- cheap with the power beams can get. If someone's skilled enough, the whole concept of blocking a beam becomes pointless since a full powered kamehameha has no problem killing you when you're even a teleport's distance away. I suggest that beams be changed in some ways, perhaps to make the game more intense and skill-based.

A)

Instead of detonation, when you right click the beam gets released like a projectile. I know what most would think about the then pointlessness of ball attacks, but what if the beam that was released steadily lost ki and power since its source was cut off. Sure, it's not -exactly- like DBZ, but I think it's a little better than having ki pipebombs in the form of kame's going around.

B)

I think rather than beams exploding when they hit someone, the whole crush damage effect that's being developed should come into play. Say if Goku fired a kame at Vegeta and he didn't block and just got tagged with it. I suggest that rather than it blowing up, it would start to push him back and a power struggle meter would come up and when it went to blue the beam would be pushed off as a projectile. During this whole time, damage would be taken off Vegeta at a rate pertaining to both of their PLs. In this struggle, if Vegeta couldn't push the beam off before a certain time, then he just disintegrates and the beam goes through. The whole balancing of this could use work, I realize. But I'd like this much rather than just getting pegged in the back when I'm fighting someone else and just dying. Perhaps the beams could be speeded up in both rate of travel and charge, but I think it would add a different dynamic to the game along with the advanced melee planned. Block struggles would also go just as they are, except when blocking your ki would go down and if you ran out the beam just exploded. Also, if a beam hit a wall it would explode as normal. Perhaps the explosions shouldn't be as big, but an explosion would be better.

Best answers
Right on, Halorin, you beat me to this post :p

I think beam detonation is waaaay to spammish and not very commonly used in the Movies/TV Series.
Detachable beams are more common than attached beams in the DbZ Movies/TV Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom