About AUP Advertising.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The AUP is unreadable to me, I cant get to it for some reason.

What im askign is just can somone post or explain the "Advertising" part. I'm not sure if what i want to do breaks that policy..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why dont you say what it is you want to do, and we'll explain if its against the aup?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay, as you may know im with a team corrently working on an addon for esf, i was wanting to post a few screens of it, just to show a few things. But im not sure if its considered advertising since im not redirecting anyone anywhere or anything like that.

I was planning on putting this in the "Miscellaneous" section, but I'll wait to see if this is crossing this policy..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can post screens of it, but no links. if you want to put a link in your signature, thats fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
you can post screens of it, but no links. if you want to put a link in your signature, thats fine.
no problem, we dont have a site lol!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well advertisming can only be if a (hot)link is givn.... the only place you can advertisming is you signatur :)

i hope this help you now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if you make one thread showing all your work, models, maps, sprites etc...but no link, having it in your signature instead, is that allowed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course. people do that all the time. darksnipers models are all for dbzhood, but he posts his work in our modeling forum.

so its all good, as long as there are no advertising links, it shouldnt be a problem =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
siggys can be used as advertising space as far as i know :0

edit: omg you post too fast xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gir said:
of course. people do that all the time. darksnipers models are all for dbzhood, but he posts his work in our modeling forum.
Nah I mean like everything in the same thread, like if you say 'Here are some models, sprites and sounds I made for a mod (check my sig).'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would do it without the "check my sig" part. but other than that, i cant see a problem with it =]

btw. if any other mod with a greater understanding of the AUP wishes to contradict me. feel free. (although im sure they would anyway haha).

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to help with the original question, here is the portion of the AUP dealing with advertising:

AUP said:
Advertising

The only place you are allowed to advertise is in your signature, and you must adhere to the above signature rules. (Signatures and Avatars policy) ESF is paid for by it's creators with no reimbursement, and they quite enjoy making this mod for all of you, it is not fair for you to place a free advertising burden on their bandwidth. The sole exception to this rule is fan sites, you may advertise any ESF related site on this message board. If you lie, and advertise off site to something not ESF, you will be warned. Any violations of this rule will be treated as spam, with no exceptions.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You also can't put links in your sig where any reward of monetary value, or prize is given to you. I.E. Ebay auctions, those "Free IPod scams" etc...

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You also aren't allowed to link to any of those "rpg" sites where if someone clicks your link you get something ie outwar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom