A weird ninja drawing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks pretty cool, but I think the sword is too low, should be near his shoulder. Also, that little skirt thing in the front makes him look a little girly. Other than that, it's pretty good man.

Best answers
I planned on making somethin UT'ish (i've played way too much UT2k4) but it turned out alot differently...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very stiff pose. Try going crazy with new and different poses. It looks good, but it also does look like nearly all the other drawings in this section...

Best answers
its preaty nice for a result of boredom :). i think his equipment is preaty good, it all goes well but acouple of things bother me about it. 1 his pose, its kinda weird seing a ninja in such a stiff pose. And two, his boddy mass, ninjas are normally fairly skinny and dont have incredibely bulky muscles ( mind you they are very cut though) but ur guy looks more of a ssj3 goku build.
I really really like his clothing just except for the shoulder guards. That peice of fabric thing attatched to his belt is really cool :)

Best answers
Character design is pretty tricky, more so when you have to struggle with anatomy in the process. It shows promise, especially in the line area. You don't have the "furry" line that is so typical earlier work. My biggest advice to you: practice.

Here's what I've been doing, every day I set a sketchbook quota of two pages. One page is entirely anatomy, the other page is anything else. Inevitably that is design work for my lifelong pet project. The idea though is to both strengthen your fundamentals and your imagination. I'm not saying you have to do that and I'm also not saying that I meet the quota everyday, but the goals help keep your drive alive.

There's too much wrong anatomically for me to nail down specific things. Go to saveloomis.org and practice from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom