a way to stop skybox abuse... but still maintain coolness

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno about you, but ive never been bounced off or smashed right into thin air and stuck there. I think in a way it is a cool thing to do sometimes, but it just is a bit rediculous how u stick in the middle of the sky or you bounce of the "ceiling". Keep in mind this idea is very rough, this is just an idea i had of how this could work, build on it if you wish. Anyways, this could work one of 2 ways;

1. You hit somebody (or throw somebody) at a skybox, if you are within a certain distance (say 2 teleports) of where they will be hitting the skybox and you have enough ki, when holding the simple melee button you are automatically teleported behind them and you kick them in whatever direction you are bouncing them. If you are too far away the person is slowed down at the skybox (like recovering from melee) but they suffer a heavy ki penalty for having to slow down so quick, if they run out of ki they fall to the floor or maybe some sort of movement delay.

2. You hit your enemy toward a skybox, on the skybox a target or target area will appear, you must hold down the simple melee button and teleport to the target area in order to bounce them, when the player colides with you, you automatically hit him, otherwise like stated above they just suffer a heavy ki penalty and maybe some sort of movement delay.

the idea may need some work, but i think it'd make walls/ceiling attacks more skillful. Maybe if example 1 is used, it would teleport you back to where you were afterwards i dunno. I also had an idea of catching the enemy when they are falling from the ceiling, (what goku did to burta) and you could do a small throw against them... Dunno just lemme know what you think... it may be a little hard to understand.

Best answers
I get what you mean... and I think it's a decent idea. Especially the teleporting behind them. The first idea works well and I never really thought about the whole skybox thing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why dont they just have them instantly recover when they hit the box so they can nail the exploiter? it is an exploit and people shouldnt be encouraged to be cheap.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
interesting idea. it could work, but needs to be improved a bit... how, i dont know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to disagree here. Skybox "abuse" isn't that you get stuck to it--that's because it's a wall. If you hold down jump when you get stuck to it, you will dive off the wall and have a great opportunity to score a few good shots on the guy who stuck you there.

That aside...I don't see how allowing the person who jonesed you into the skybox wall to have basically a free extra attack stops skybox abuse, personally.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the skybox does the same amount of damage more or less as simple melee... I think the point of the sky is that you can move freely through it, if its ment to be a wall, it should be mapped like that. I think having it to bounce people of the ceiling has no reason as to why you may do that, putting somebody there kicking them back towards the map, is the reason you cant leave the arena. All im saying is some kinda replacement of the boundries of the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom