A thread to make you think...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
about the light speed debate:
The faster you travel, the larger your body mass is, and the more energy you need to increase your speed further. As you approach the speed of light, your mass would get larger and larger, and your size would get smaller and smaller. As you are just behind the speed of light, the amount of energy required to get you that last little bit would be so tremendous, almost infinitive in fact, that it is simply impossible to achieve, at least until we invent cold fusion :)

That reminds me, what does everyone think of the cold fusion idea?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never mentioned that when you hit the speed of light matter becomes infinantly dence and you squish into basically the same thing as a black hole. I just wanted to kill the subject so I didn't have to rant. The einstein rosen bridge provides an alternate possibility though.
Cold fusion is the way of the future. When we see cold fusion we could see things like world peace happening. Just think of it, a cup of water could power sanfrancisco for a week.

Best answers
What do you guys think about a parralel dimension where maybe in this dimension you choose to turn left but in the other you went right? Whats everyone's opinion on that?

Best answers
The chicken or the egg? The egg, Reason is they don't specify what kind of egg.. I could easily think dinosaur egg.. Don't know if that was answered because I only read the first few posts

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An orgasm is the release of built up tension that feels really really good. that's why it is healthy to get it on at least twice a week. The mechanics will of course be different between sexes(check it, I found a palindrome)

Though this isn't titled "The Orgasm" thread so lets try and get some different discussion. And you guys arguing about the orgasm also need to cool down a bit and start respecting other's opinions

Best answers
What is the sound of one hand clapping?
If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Best answers
Pain said:
the answer to your first qustion is no. with no air birds and planes and even superman couldnt fly.
of course, superman could fly!!!!!!!
that's all i have to say....

Best answers
The sound of one hand clapping is the person who who has noting left in life to think about, and continues to clap for he/she has not a care in the world for the past, present, or future...
The falling tree, i dont understand. It makes me think, but not enough to answer it. I guess it could mean, At every passing moment, something happens that can't be explained. The people who do understand, cant bring themselves to share it with others.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about different dimensions, but I've heard another theory on time travel with that too.
When you go through time, you end up in a different timeline, like Sparr has been saying, and this timeline would be the equivalent of a different dimension.
Things could be immensly different, such as the Dinosaurs still being around, or it could be so similiar that the only difference is the position of one quantum particle.
I don't know about that theory though, I like the first one I typed more.

Best answers
If Time travel is possible, and you had locked yourself outside your house. And you said this "I will go back in time, and get my key from inside the house and lay it under this rock."(And you actually go back in time to do this) Does the key suddenly reappear under the rock?
Let me rephrase: you locked yourself out(and your "time machine" is inside). you say you'll go back in time to get the key and put it under the rock. And you check the rock to find the key right under it.(this is before you travel back in time) Would this be possible? and if so, would it cause some disturbance if you suddenly decide not to go back and put the key under the rock?

First person to guess which movie I got all this from get's a cookie.(hint: Keanu Reeves was in this movie and it was NOT the matrix.)

Best answers
Pain said:
you cant breathe water.. thats why people drown....
a fish can breathe air for a short period of time, but its skin will get dehydrated and its gills are menat to take oxygen out of water, not take oxygen out of oxygen.
that's where you're wrong, there is a certain "fluid" that contains oxygen that you can actually breathe through, so all in all....its about the oxygen...not the air.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if that fluid isnt watter than you just posted for no reason, i was asked if people could breathe WATER, not a "certain" fluid

mystic uub, you ripped that from Quantum Leap. give some credit where its due.

also, when you die its not dreaming, its not seeing black or any of that ****. its nothing, think about the time before u were born, thats it. no consciousness, no nothing, your a rotting pile of meat.

ps: guys lets try not to bring god into this, religion is never good with debates.

Best answers
Acording to my college astronomy class there are two ways the univers could end, either the univers will stop expanding and colaps in on itself or the most likely prospect acording to scientist is that the univers will keep expanding and eventually all the stars will die without any more being made and in about 100 trillion year the last black hole will evaporate leaving nothing left but free protons and neutrons. Sadly the whole thing about the univers colapsing and the big bang happening again forever is untrue there just isnt enough energy in the univers for this to happen more than four time each univers being alive for a shorter amount of time.

also imho time travel forward is possible (come on we do this all the time) but time travel backwards isnt.

(Offtopic) did you guys know that scientists say that for the first second after the big bang there was no mater in the univers, only energy. after that point 2 mondo photons crashed into eachother and made a proton and a negitron(anti proton).

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was actually speaking of all guys and girls. I remember reading some time in my education that guys dream in black and white and girls dream in color.

And I know a lot of you are going to say, "I dream in color!" But perhaps you just assume you dream in color since everything else is in color.

(if anyone finds out that what I have said is incorrect, please inform me as I do not know this for sure)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i remember a very vivid dream in very vivid color when i was younger, i am male. there goes your theory

Best answers
Pain said:
...also, when you die its not dreaming, its not seeing black or any of that ****. its nothing, think about the time before u were born, thats it. no consciousness, no nothing, your a rotting pile of meat...
Now thats were your wrong. There is NO real answer to what happens when you die. Right now, it could be anything. It could be just a never ending dream or nightmare, or even both. I dont know if it could be blank, because i sometimes dont even dream. Time passes in an instant, and i'm awake. For the times i dream, sometimes i remember and sometimes i think i just imagined it. Only the nightmares seem to last forever. It could even be that when you die, you wake up as another person...
If you want to be picky, there isnt even a real answer to how the universe started. It could've been a big bang, it could have been a brought together from an unknown source. Frankly, i think these question shouldnt be answered. Its only wasting your life. You should enjoy the time when you were born till you die. Many people just wallow in the shadow, but you have to find a way to make your life meaningfull, and not end it on the spot. Everything you do in life takes its effect in the future. You cant change one event in the past and hope it fixes in the future. Maybe something even worse will happen because of what you've done. Questions that cannot be answered, shouldn't be answered. But the people that try to find out the answer, are only wasting what little time in life you have. It seems like you've been living forever, but when you try to think back when you were born, it's only been a moment. The only reason people answer these questions, is to make life easier to understand. If people keep beliving that the answer to these unkown questions are right, then you'll never know what to expect in each passing moment of your life. Things happen in life that can only be explained by coincidence or scientific theory. The world could end at any moment. Since telescopes dont expand to see the other end of the universe (if there is one) we dont know whats out there. You shouldn't try to think so hard on whats going to take place in the future. Nobody is going to live from now to the end of the time. Thats why people pass on thier knowledge to others. You dont go to school just to learn, you go to school to learn from the achievements and mistakes from the past. Learning about the past isn't a waste of time (though i still think it is). If nobody cared for the past, you think humanity would be this intelligent?
...Now i forgot the rest of what i was gonna say. Oh well, my opinion is only one of an infinite quantity. You shouldnt listen to just me, you should listen to everybody. Take peices of information they give you and put that together. Then share that with someone else...and it repeats from there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i have only read page 1, and some **** of page 3 so i have some comments, as was said, a mutated egg was there first.
and boys can feel a woman orgasm, (ask kelly from dutch big brother).
fusion is already possible, some scientist tried to transport an egg, and some other thing in 1 room, well, they got transported 2 meters, but all objects in room emerged. (fused)
and ET: that theorie could be true, cuz there was said here that someone has a collorblind mom, and dreams in color...
so...
but my questions are:
what does feel better for a woman? doing "it"
or getting an orgasm

is there life on other planets that are as smart as we, *i know that there is life outthere somewhere*

is it true that old kungfu people actually use there ki to increase strengt, * i have seen a movie, of a japaner kungfu guy, that concentrated his ki and on a needle for 4 hours, and trew it thru double glass!*

do you think, that as in men in black 2, that we are just tiny creatures that live in a "locker" and other lifeforms are studing us?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The MIB 2 question just made me think about that episode of South Park where Earth is a reality TV show and all the aliens in the universe watch it.
Hell, for all we know that could be true.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
arent we suposed to not get into the god crap....

im gona stick with my original responce of
"when you die its not dreaming, its not seeing black or any of that ****. its nothing, think about the time before u were born, thats it. no consciousness, no nothing, your a rotting pile of meat."

without bringing the "soul" into this lets look at the facts. when you die, blood flow stops. what does the brain need to do what it does. THATS RIGHT!! blood. so with no blood flow (your dead) to your brain, it is impossible to dream. your brain dead. therefore you wont be in eternal slumber and wake up in an instant as another person. you wont be dreaming or having a nightmare for all eternity. you will be dead, a pile of rotting flesh for worms and other larval insencts to feast on, and you wont even give a damn cuz your opinion will have died with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom