A suggestion about suggestions

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I was thinking about the use of this section
Most of the times people are posting suggestions about features that have already been thought through by the ESF team
So that makes the suggestion section quite useless

I suggest that ESF team post a list of things and features that require new ideas, etc...
Think that it would add efficiency to this section

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
But that can prove to be a little too revealing. Its easier just to let people have their ideas, and staff can elaborate as necessary, and put the idea in context.
Almost everything has been thought through by the team anyway, but theres always the possibility that a person disconnected from the development can come up with something truly ingenious and simple.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
A bug/ticket system would be better, every time a suggestion is approved, a ticket will be made, and people can view those tickets in case they have the same suggestion.
Not sure if they've got this already tho :)

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A suggestion that has approval doesnt always mean it survives the design process, until someone comes up with it again and it finds its way back in there XD

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A bug/ticket system would be better, every time a suggestion is approved, a ticket will be made, and people can view those tickets in case they have the same suggestion.
Not sure if they've got this already tho :)
Ingenious system, though I foresee one problem: people won't read it. Well, most people won't. I mean, people can't even be arsed to read a FAQ right now and just post their questions that have been answered 5 years ago. I don't see how a ticket system would work for those people.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We have a bug tracker. Its dev team/tester only untill release. Dont want people picking apart our ideas from the bug reports ^^;

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
We have a bug tracker. Its dev team/tester only untill release. Dont want people picking apart our ideas from the bug reports ^^;
Then make one for the players

Sicron said:
Ingenious system, though I foresee one problem: people won't read it. Well, most people won't. I mean, people can't even be arsed to read a FAQ right now and just post their questions that have been answered 5 years ago. I don't see how a ticket system would work for those people.
I never read FAQs cause it's always general on each forum, other people just don't read it because it's too much work/or don't even know its there.

IF you tell the players to use a bug tracker system, they will search in there, because it's much easier than searching through 1000 of posts with a common search tag.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me, the team had a bugtracker before, and people were still complaining about bugs that had been in the bugtracker for quite some time. Everybody on this forum should know there is a FAQ by the way, because you are sent to it as soon as you register.

Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
And how many people actualy Read the faq page heres mine suggestion how about no more suggestions and let the team finish Things off xD

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
IF you tell the players to use a bug tracker system, they will search in there, because it's much easier than searching through 1000 of posts with a common search tag.
We did. Didnt help. We had the bug tracker posted in the FAQ, on the main site and in various news and open beta related threads. noone bothered to check it let alone search its contents for already reported bugs. I should know i was managing the community reports >.<

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I did suggest an outline for ESF: Final some months ago, which could possibly cut down on the number of suggestions and give users something to work with rather than rely solely on speculation.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I did suggest an outline for ESF: Final some months ago, which could possibly cut down on the number of suggestions and give users something to work with rather than rely solely on speculation.
Yeah that's exactly what i meant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom