A Sonic game that doesn't SUCK!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Always wondered what the hell is wrong with SEGA and their Sonic titles lately?
Have you played Sonic 4 and somehow it still didn't feel like a true Sonic title?

Well here is a possible solution for ya:
Sonic Fan Remix

A fan-made Sonic game made by 2 people. It looks amazing and plays like the original Sonic games on the Sega Mega Drive(Sega Genesis in the US)

You can download the demo from here

Let's just hope SEGA doesn't shut them down(We all know what happened to Chrono Trigger Ressurection)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought Sonic 4 and I enjoy it.

What impresses/disappoints me, is that they got the physics much better in the fan remix. Quite a shame.

Sonic Colors looks good but game critics rarely like SOnic games (Sonic 4 surprisingly got a high review). People who did not like Sonic Adventure to Sonic Heroes and ONLY the old school games mean nothing to me.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I bought Sonic 4 and I enjoy it.

What impresses/disappoints me, is that they got the physics much better in the fan remix. Quite a shame.

Sonic Colors looks good but game critics rarely like SOnic games (Sonic 4 surprisingly got a high review). People who did not like Sonic Adventure to Sonic Heroes and ONLY the old school games mean nothing to me.
Well imho old school Sonic and Sonic 2 and Dreamcasts Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were the best Sonic games. Although it seems SEGA tried to copy Adventure but failed miserably in the Sonic the hedgehog 2006.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I downloaded this demo and played it a few times, outstanding to say the least, even though the stages are kind of cluttered.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
From what I can see out of those screenshots, the level design is too hectic. The player will more likely to share his focus on the background instead of the game character.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That wasnt SEGA. It was Square Enix.
Yea i know... i kind of messed up the sentence. What i wanted to say is that i hope that SEGA(a major developing/publishing company) doesn't cut the cord on the fan game like what happened with Square Enix and CTR

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Ok so this is freeware

"This is a fan made game meant to be distributed as freeware and is in no way related to Sega, Sonic the hedgehog is a Sega registered trademark."

and only a demo is out

when will the full thing be out? :D

The Demo is really nice i downloade it :D
it's done in Unity and it has awesome graphics
and dutchmeat was right... the gameplay is a bit confusing because of the background

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I can see out of those screenshots, the level design is too hectic. The player will more likely to share his focus on the background instead of the game character.
Agree, it would work though if they blurred it. It would give a fake depth-of-field effect.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Are there more free cool games like this done with Unity that I can download? :D

Best answers
I'll be honest, I like most of the 3D games (most, not all); this still looks really good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom