A Small Revelation (Fusion Reborn)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FUNimation have launched their new DBZ site with a Movie 12 theme, which has information on the upcoming film (April 2006).

The form thats fans like to call 'Fat Janemba' has got a name in the dub: Janempa. Also, the representation of Hitler has fallen under the more politically correct 'The Dictator'. And 'Fat Gogeta' is called 'Veku' (the nickname he was jocularly given by the East Kai in the original) Just thought i'd share.

http://www.dragonballz.com/index.cfm?page=home_movie

Best answers
So the fat form is Janempa, and the skinny red form is Janemba?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Unlike Buu's Fury which had 'Janemba' (fat yellow) and 'Super Janemba' (skinny red).

You can see a few clips on the site too. Personally I preferred his original babylike voice, it suits his character, but all the other dub voices make up for it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw an ad that said it will be released on DVD March 28th and to be in selected theatres like march 5th-10th, I forget the date. This one was the main dbz movie I was waiting for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I heard about the theater release, they're going to air it along with one of the Cooler movies if I remember correctly. Lucky America =P

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, so they are keeping Hitler in it! I remember making a thread a long time ago wondering if they would...

But... Veku? o_O

Best answers
That was his joke name..... It was even included in most of the dubs, I believe...

I MAY pay to see this out of remote interest.... I always did kind of like this one....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just hope that funimation doesn't **** this dub up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FUNimation's great. I don't know what people expected from the Dub. Less dialogue, words that don't fit mouth movement, less jokes, voices expressing less feeling? FUNimation's crew is awesome, and their Uncut episodes totally kick ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they actually release this in the theatre, I'd go see it. Sure I have the cooler movies, but hell. I can watch them again on the big screen with popcorn and a soda. Hell, the Metal Cooler movie alone is good enough to be in theatres.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
That was his joke name..... It was even included in most of the dubs, I believe...
Yeah you're right. It was the name the South King Kai gave him. The exact lines I have in my subtitles are...
North King Kai: "You screwed up, Goku! That's a failed Gogeta!"
South King Kai: "There are too many characters in this series that start with 'Go...', so call him Veku."
West Queen Kai: "I don't think he can take a single punch."
East King Kai: "He's pretty ugly, make them do it over."
They 'broke the fourth wall', so to speak.

Best answers
Thanks for the information, Ravendust. It looks pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom