a small rant.

Best answers
Sorry if this seems bloggish, but I just need to rant for a moment where I know people will listen to me.

/begin rant

Just got done watching tonights episode of House on Fox, and for me it was a very depressing episode, so depressing I wish I was drunk so I wouldn't remember it. Tonights episode featured a patient who had SMA, or Spinal Muscular Atrophy, the same damned disease I have. It really hit home for me. The guy ends up dieing, and the whole time I'm sitting there thinking "That could be me someday."

Damn this disease. Damn the weak and useless body. Damn the medical problems. DAMNIT ALL!!!!

I mean this really blows. I can die from stuff, simple stuff. If someone punched me in the gut using 20% of their strength it could kill me. A hard enough smack/punch to my face could break my neck like a twig. If I got the flu my body and my immune system arn't strong so it could be fatal for me.

GAH!!!!!!

/end rant

Best answers
Sorry if this seems bloggish, but I just need to rant for a moment where I know people will listen to me.

/begin rant

Just got done watching tonights episode of House on Fox, and for me it was a very depressing episode, so depressing I wish I was drunk so I wouldn't remember it. Tonights episode featured a patient who had SMA, or Spinal Muscular Atrophy, the same damned disease I have. It really hit home for me. The guy ends up dieing, and the whole time I'm sitting there thinking "That could be me someday."

Damn this disease. Damn the weak and useless body. Damn the medical problems. DAMNIT ALL!!!!

I mean this really blows. I can die from stuff, simple stuff. If someone punched me in the gut using 20% of their strength it could kill me. A hard enough smack/punch to my face could break my neck like a twig. If I got the flu my body and my immune system arn't strong so it could be fatal for me.

GAH!!!!!!

/end rant
Wow dude thats ****...So is that curebul?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Wow dude thats ****...So is that curebul?
in lamens terms, his spine, and back muscles, are really feeble, and can't support much, your back does ALOT for you, and when it can't, everything is out of whack, it's pretty much incurable.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea... A human body is very weak.. A slightest hit on some parts of the body can really hurt or even be fatal. I wonder why the human body isn't stronger. Besides, I'm wondering why you even watched the whole show when it was depressive? I would have stop watching it right away and do other things.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love how a guy comes here for support and rather than give it to him you say "it's pretty much incurable" and, "**** like that can be fatal..."

good going geniuses.

Good luck Tsunami, you have my best wishes.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
i love how a guy comes here for support and rather than give it to him you say "it's pretty much incurable" and, "**** like that can be fatal..."

good going geniuses.

Good luck Tsunami, you have my best wishes.
never said it will never be incurable, spinal problems are under heavy funded medical teams, it's not like he doesn't know about his own disorder, I was explaining to ozren anyways.

Gooch.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it was a generalised statement (generalised with an S because i'm ENGLISH).

DERP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I have faith all these diseases will be curable eventually. Might have to hang in there a few years though, but medical science is making amazing breakthroughs every day. Keep fighting man, you can do it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel better about being lazy to the point that I'm now below the average strength of a human being (on top of a fast metabolism, and being tall, that is). That disease sounds like it really sucks. >_>

Best answers
in lamens terms, his spine, and back muscles, are really feeble, and can't support much, your back does ALOT for you, and when it can't, everything is out of whack, it's pretty much incurable.
Couldn't you just do alot of back exercises with light weights to help strengthen it up? I mean... if you have a really weak set of back muscles, the ideal thing is to weight train to make them stronger. Right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or just go into cryo-stasis for a couple of decades.

Best answers
Couldn't you just do alot of back exercises with light weights to help strengthen it up? I mean... if you have a really weak set of back muscles, the ideal thing is to weight train to make them stronger. Right?

Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) is a term applied to a number of different disorders, all having in common a genetic cause and the manifestation of weakness due to loss of the motor neurons of the spinal cord and brainstem.
so no, doing exercises won't help much except for retaining what strength i have.

thanks for the support guys. after some sleep and some meditation, I feel better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, best of luck to you. You're stronger than most people I know, both mentally and emotionally.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I can't even imagine the strength of will it would take to live with something like that. Stay strong, because you never know where medical research will lead.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For better or worse, I'm desensitized to things like this, sickness/death etc.

A doctor could tell me that anyone I know would be dying tomorrow, and i bet you 10 bucks my response would be "well, that sucks". and that'd be about it. No tears, no weeping. Ive had to go through enough near-death experiences of family members that its just not even scary anymore.

My mother has 3 incurable diseases, as early as 14 years old I had to call 911, or an ambulance because she had passed out (diabetes), and she has been hospitalized more times than i can remember, and as bad as this sounds it almost feels like a routine its so common. She has survived multiple close-calls, and each time i prepared for the worst, but each time the emotional hit was smaller than the last.

now years into this, she is now confined to a wheelchair, and she is not in strong enough physical condition to push herself even far enough to get to her mailbox, So well, I dropped my current job and took on a part time as a substitute teacher of sorts at the local schools (bet you didnt expect that eh?) and moved into her guest room to take care of her.

As un-religious as I may seem sometimes, I DO believe that there is a god or 'supreme' being that created and designed us, the complexities behind "life" in general can not even begin to be explained with science alone without some degree of bull****, BUT for reasons beyond my understanding 'he' decided to curse my mother with a life of sickness, and I hate him for it, yes I really said that. "The Lord works in mysterious ways" is not enough for me. What did she do to deserve it? thats what i want to know.

"he" could've given this illness to anyone else, hell he could've given it to someone who deserved it., like i dunno, a pedophile? or murderer? But no, he chose my mother, She raised my Brother and I alone, without the aid of my father, worked 2 jobs up until the day she applied for disability, and she went to church when she could. And the only thing she has to show for it is a shiny blue wheelchair and a box of medicine that even a healthy person would have trouble lifting.

Ive made it my mission to help her live out the rest of her days, with or without "outside help".

heh, what was supposed to be a short explanation of why I am the way I am turned into a full fledged rant of my own, XD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom