A REAL Tsukihime anime.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't that just be swell? Or perhaps a OVA series like Kara no Kyokai got(Thought since it was the inspiration for Tsukihime, might be dicey)

The Visual Novel is one of the greatest stories I've ever read, and it opened up a whole new world and showed me that VN's could actually...have...stories?!?!

From there, I read many wonderful VN's(Fate / Stay Night, another Type-Moon work)

Anyways, so I heard bout the Tsukihime anime. It was awful, it was like they didn't even try. Well, with so animes being redone lately, namely Hellsing Ultimate, and Berserk being remade to be closer to the Manga, the same thing happened with Full Metal Alchemist.

I'd really think it'd be a good idea for Type-Moon with it's new experience from Kara no Kyokai now, and from the latest Fate / Stay Night movie(Which was good, despite being rushed).

I mean they ****ed the FSN Anime up also, but it was passable, and they made up with it by making several after-movies like the UBW one.

Tsukihime, the VN that got them recognized is getting no love from what I can tell; sure Tsukihime 2 has been hinted at, but it's now gone dark, and the translation would likely take years like the first did.(Tsukihime release - 2001; Date of Translation? 2006)

A proper Tsukihime anime would be nice, just follow the True Route of Arc, because Nasu confirmed it's the canon story, and just do that. I mean the fans of Tsukihime go so far as to claim there is no Tsukihime anime because of just how bad it was in contrast to the VN.

With the release of Kara no Kyokai, to me really showed that Type-Moon has stepped it up a notch and can release amazing stuff these days, so a re-done Tsukihime, I imagine would be immensely popular.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I would prefer a Tsukihime anime where they go through all routes one by one, there are some other anime that do this as well, though i forget which.
I guess around 100 episodes would be enough for that? D:

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can either of you give me a lowdown on Tsukihime? Seeing as it got a huge rant, am curious.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://vndb.org/v7

Tsukihime chronicles the story and life of a teenage boy named Tohno Shiki. As a young boy, Shiki suffered a life-threatening injury. As a result of this injury, Shiki became able to see "death lines" on objects and people; if Shiki traces these lines with a sharp object, the person or object that they belong to will die or be destroyed. Soon after discovering this power, he is given a special pair of glasses by a mysterious woman. While wearing these glasses, Shiki cannot see the lines, and can thus live life as normal. Later, Shiki discovers that he can also see "points" on objects and people; these act as more immediate and powerful versions of the "lines." Eventually, it is revealed that Shiki is not merely killing a person or destroying an object when he cuts its lines or pokes out its points, but is instead removing the meaning of his victim's existence.

The game plot begins during Shiki's high school days. After years away from the Tohno household, which he was banished from after his injury, he moves back home following the death of the head of the Tohno family, Shiki's father. Shiki's sister, Akiha, assumes the responsibility of being the new head, and decides to let Shiki come back. As the story progresses, Shiki gradually discovers his mysterious past, and becomes implicated into strange adventures.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Tsukihime

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom