a REAL Nightmare

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well everyones jabbering on about Zero Nightmare or whatever... and personally i find this guy a bit cooler, so i worked on him a bit.

still very much work in progress. the model is pretty much done. just working on the texture.

and yes, the design on the helmet was painted by hand. it took ages. >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He looks strangely familiar. What's he from?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nightmare. soul calibur.

shouldnt his skin be alot darker?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sweet god, SCII nightmare pwned so much.

ive only two crits, Nightmare was a real fatty, give him a little buffing, D:

and my final crit is that his skin tones way to bright atm, he had a inhuman, rotting tone to his skin, which you hardly could see :0

use this model as a reference
HERE

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have that image thanks muffinman =]

actually what i planned to do, was have the right side of his face horribly mutated and dark, and have it spreading over his princley pristine left side of his face. i thought that would look cool.

he is pretty buffed up on the whole. the only problem im having, and its pissing me off actually. is that ive had to scale his mutated arm so that it fits the jedi academy skeleton (thats teh game im putting him into).

unless anyone can find a better sword combat game for me to put him in =/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn jedi knight skele >;[

Still its looking pretty good man, im loving that helmet texture, really nice work :yes: I agree with muffin man though that his skin could be a little darker, but so far its coming along sexily ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
well everyones jabbering on about Zero Nightmare or whatever... and personally i find this guy a bit cooler, so i worked on him a bit.

still very much work in progress. the model is pretty much done. just working on the texture.

and yes, the design on the helmet was painted by hand. it took ages. >_<
MAD AXMAN FTW!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, right, crits.

The model itself looks spot-on. The textures (Both skin and helmet) should be a little darker, IMO. Looking great so far.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Looks very very awesome, great work on that helmet desgn, there is something about the eyes though, not sure what but it does look more like he is shocked, as if this happened:

Hwang:"Nightmare......I kicked your dog"
Nightmare:"Fido! OH NOES!"

DMW

Best answers
Looks pretty good but the your skin by his eyes is to white,it supposed to be like a brown color.And you should close the helmet just a little in the front,here is a pic you may be able to use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mind having a go at the texture a bit later on :) if you wouldn't mind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would you mind waiting till ive finnished? otherwise ill see urs, and give up =/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he looks too skinny, in SC2 at least he was a pretty beefy dude. his arms dont look strong enough to carry the soul blade on your model, where as in the games he looks like he can throw a bus >_>.

i cant say for sure if it was the same in the first soul calibur though. he may have been skinny there, in soul blade however it was just a recolor of seigfrieds armor outfit.

a little offtopic but related to the character

i hate how nightmare is still in the next soul calibur game, in soul blade seigfried beat cervantes and acquired the soul edge, he was taken over by the sword and more or less reigned supreme until soul calibur 2, when in his ending he finally broke free of the sword and returned back to human form. he truly is the central character in the series butit just seems like they ignored him this time around >_>.

when i saw his ending i was psyched the he was going back to his human form and i was going to get to see the REAL seigfried make his return, as he was always my favourite character. but damnit all ill get now is probabaly just a costume change if i want to play as him >_<, the soul edge needs to change hands, hes had it the last 3 games, cmon namco let someone else have a shot >_<

i would also like to see rock make an offical return, and just toss out astaroth. but thats a completely different character so i wont get into it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont worry nuttzy, as far as im aware, sigfried is actually a sepperate character in SC3, ive theorised that maybe Nightmare is just the form that inferno has chosen to take for the time of SC3. but i guess we will have to wait for that =]

and ill beef up his arms a bit =O (like i said, im limited by the skeleton =[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
quick updates, found the skintone i wanted, now to texture on his mutations =X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe a bit tooo dark around the eyes?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
updates r us =O

i decided to bulk him up after ive skinned him =/

Users who are viewing this thread