A real Guitar Hero

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pantera + Dimebag = ftw

I might buy this game when its cheap. Its just like DDR but I personally played this game at stores and I say it's awsome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can somewhat play Cowboys From Hell in real life. I wonder how different it is to play it in the game?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wow, that does not look difficult at all.

Maybe I'm biased because I actually play guitar =p

OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOooooooo TAPPING, SO 1337 =p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u have to relize that there is a scrolling patern on the screen he is watching. u have to hold the correct button and flip that thing were the strings would be. ive seen people who can actualy play instruments fail very badly at games that involve them having to follow a pattern. i have a friend who can play drums like no tomarrow, but put him on percussion freaks and he will swear the game is complete bs cause he cant play it right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because they ARE. The musical games are just DDR with an instrument shaped 'pad'; more often then not I have found that they do not sync at all with the actual way the song is played. I bet that is very true for Cowboys from Hell because there are some parts where your picking hand would just go up and down, and the fingering hand does all the hard stuff...which implies a pretty boring game, unless it has some kind of fingering involved (I played it once in the arcade and only once, and I don't remember it having anything like that...it was just a total piece of crap compared to really playing the guitar. I failed on some punk song that I could've played my first month in real life, after having played for 11 years...so I doubt it's accurate).

MY drummer, when we put him on percussion freaks, he destroyed it.

nge

Best answers
Most good musicians can play these games like no tomorrow with a little practice- muscle memorization, especially in the fingers, is what they specialize in. Of course, I'm referring to instrumentalists. Great vocals wouldn't help much for a game like this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, one thing you should keep in mind when playing is that your skill in the game doesn't equate to skill on a real guitar. This game isn't about how good you are at real guitar or learning how to play it, it's just about having fun. Comparisons to the real guitar are useless, Especially since that's not what this thread is about.

#edit#

also, guitar hero is much better that guitar freaks (what you would play in the arcade).

Bolteh2

B
Ehm, looking at the finger movement overall guitar skill, that guy is used to playing a guitar.. If he isn't, he really needs to pick one up, because with reflexes and speed like that, you could become a pretty hardcore guitarplayer

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't normally listen to Metal but the first song is not bad... and starts off bad ass.

All the topless girls might get that video removed though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
u have to relize that there is a scrolling patern on the screen he is watching. u have to hold the correct button and flip that thing were the strings would be. ive seen people who can actualy play instruments fail very badly at games that involve them having to follow a pattern. i have a friend who can play drums like no tomarrow, but put him on percussion freaks and he will swear the game is complete bs cause he cant play it right.
What do you think reading music is? It's reading music, much like following a pattern. In fact, most music is a pattern.

This looks insanely easy. But I play guitar soooo yeah.

I dunno. I think if guitar was that easy, I woulnd't play it. Just my 2 cents though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
I don't normally listen to Metal but the first song is not bad... and starts off bad ass.

All the topless girls might get that video removed though.
oh, i just kinda flipped through it to find cowboys from hell.

if an s-mod or admin deems the content questionable, feel free to remove it. however, ive made a content warning, and hell. its a rock concert. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And titties have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. So...as hard as it is...let's forget them for now.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this game is made by the same guys who made Frequency and Amplitude, and those games were in sync to the songs. And I felt pretty damn accomplished when I beat Komputer Kontroller on insane with full bars too. Sure it might be a bit trickier to sync a game with a guitar, but I'm assuming they could have pulled it off here too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After some reading up, it turns out the crap game I played was in fact 'Guitar Freaks' in the arcade. So maybe this game is different after all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Compared to actually playing guitar, that looks easy. The timing for playing their notes, and what you would actually do on a guitar is probably different making it next to impossible if you actually play guitar. I dont know about the rest of you, but I would feel like an idiot playing that thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone bashes it before they play it, and so far, everyone that I've shown the game too, real guitar player or not, has loved it, becuase it's an insanley fun and addictive game. Trust me, it's not easy, play a song on expert and you'll know. Actually most Best Buys have it on display so I'm sure even if you don't want to buy it, you could try it out there.

Seriously, stop comparing it to the real guitar, if you do, you're missing the point of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom