A rare chance!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now is the time and place

The time and place to tell the moderation staff what you think about them.

How well or how bad they are doing their job

Also any comments on how we could improve

No flaming the staff and please try to be honest. If your going to be an ass kisser don't post. We want to know how we are going.

Thanks for your kind comments in advance

Also try to keep within the rest of the rules, All the mods will be watching o_O

-Deverz
Forum Admin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! - 4/5
Bolteh - 3/5
Cookster - 3/5
Cucumba - 5/5
DarktoothDKD - 3/5
Deman - 5/5
Deverz - 5/5
Engar - 3/5
Evil_Trunks - 5/5
fatmanterror - 4/5
Gonadz - 3/5
greentaco - 3/5
grOOvy - 5/5
harSens - 4/5
Hibiki - 4/5
Hsu - 4/5
Judge - 4/5
KarrdeKNR - 5/5
Magus - 5/5
Majin_You - 5/5
Mr Smo - 2/5
MyStiX - 4/5
Nretep - 3/5
Optimus Prime - 4/5
Prozac - 5/5
Ryoko - 5/5
Scorcher2k - 4/5
Sonic Boyster - 3/5
SS_Vegeta - 3/5
TCiccarelli - 4/5
Torlon - 3/5
[ESF]zero - 3/5
|PT|Mars - 3/5
Cheeseman - 3/5
Greg - 3/5
Pcjoe - 3/5
vt - 3/5
esf_STRYKER - 3/5
xstortionist - 3/5

I judged based on activity level and 'friendly' level. If you got a 3/5 then you most likely would have had a better score if you were more active. If you got lower (like smo, sorry =() then you should improve a little based on my opinions.

-------Personal Comments-------

I would have to say that anyone with a 5/5 (like Cucumba, Prozac, etc) are doing the best job here. They continue to inspire everyone to keep up the good work and try their best with what they've got. Prozac closes and moderates more people and does his job more than even some of the admins/super mods, so he deserves a 5/5. Cucumba has earned the most respect out of all of them due to being caring and trust worthy. grOOvy showed up one day and worked his way to the top showing great respect and loyalty to most people and I respect him for that. Continue your jobs, and congrats =).

-------How To Improve?-------

Well, give the forum an uplifted feeling and make everyone feel comfortable. Hsu and Hibiki give the forum a ... dark feeling sometimes, no offence, while a lot of the others make it more happy and joyful. Try to be a little more easy going and understand when someone is joking around, and participate more in threads. Just because you're a mod doesn't mean you have to be a hermit.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i dont think im able to rate every single mod ... but overall i think you're doing a pretty good job.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
i dont think im able to rate every single mod ... but overall i think you're doing a pretty good job.
dito and keep up the good work

Best answers
I think overall the moderating staff is doing a good job. Most of the "bad" things that go on (breaking of teh rules) is caught before most people can even see it.

I agree for the most part with Smith|'s rankings.
I find some of the mods to be a *bit* rude (smo o_o). Taking into account that you can post the rules as many times as you want, some people just plain old won't read them, I can understand it sometimes, but other times some people just go overboard (mainly seen in the modelling forum imo) Some of the mods are quite friendly, and others are intimidating with their attitudes.

Anyway, overall a very top notch job by the mod team. There isn't a whole lot to improve on, since most are highly active, and do their job well.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Sonic Boyster - 3/5

I judged based on activity level and 'friendly' level. If you got a 3/5 then you most likely would have had a better score if you were more active. If you got lower (like smo, sorry =() then you should improve a little based on my opinions.

Just curious but was this score because I lack sense of humor? I'm undoubtably one of if not the most active moderator on the forum. I've only broken moderating policy twice (maybe three times) since I started I believe and both times I apologized to those individuals involved.

Am I not warm and snuggly ? o_o

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of you seem to be confused about smo

He's not a mod, he's just on the team :eek:

Being on the team does't mean your a mod :)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smo is currently in trouble with the moderating staff, and will be loosing those priveleges shortly.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess most of you are okay, however, some mods, are rarely here on the forums. IMHO they don't earn the titel of moderator.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
cold steel said:
I guess most of you are okay, however, some mods, are rarely here on the forums. IMHO they don't earn the titel of moderator.
I don't think you exactly know what it means to be a mod/admin, being a mod/admin does not mean you need to be on the forum atleat 5 times a day, being a mod means serving a community, and upholding the rules of a community, people are giving mod or admin status because they know the rules, and know how to uphold these rules, not because they are on the forum 24/7 or have 2.000 posts or whatever.

Anyway back on topic, I am NOT going to point the finger on anyone, all mods are admins are doing their best to uphold the rules, and keep the community friendly, although I do find that mods/admins are sometimes acting to mild, they need to be more strict and not always "One more time and you'll get a warning" no give them a warning straight away, this gives everybody the illusion that they can do bad stuff once without getting a warning for it, but overall the mods/admins are doing a decent job just be more strict and the community will be even better.

Smith| said:
Well, give the forum an uplifted feeling and make everyone feel comfortable. Hsu and Hibiki give the forum a ... dark feeling sometimes
Somehow alot of people have that, I don't find it true at all, Hibiki and Hsu are just doing their job properly, maybe because they warn more people then the other mods they might have that image, Hibiki and Hsu are nice to talk to (well atleast on IRC) and they both have a nice sence of humor.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
3/5 isn't bad considering I just became mod, I'm proud! :D

I've got no problems with any of the mods, or at least those I see in action regularly. They all seem to be doing a good job. :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DPredator said:
I don't think you exactly know what it means to be a mod/admin, being a mod/admin does not mean you need to be on the forum atleat 5 times a day, being a mod means serving a community, and upholding the rules of a community, people are giving mod or admin status because they know the rules, and know how to uphold these rules, not because they are on the forum 24/7 or have 2.000 posts or whatever.

Anyway back on topic, I am NOT going to point the finger on anyone, all mods are admins are doing their best to uphold the rules, and keep the community friendly, although I do find that mods/admins are sometimes acting to mild, they need to be more strict and not always "One more time and you'll get a warning" no give them a warning straight away, this gives everybody the illusion that they can do bad stuff once without getting a warning for it, but overall the mods/admins are doing a decent job just be more strict and the community will be even better.

Somehow alot of people have that, I don't find it true at all, Hibiki and Hsu are just doing their job properly, maybe because they warn more people then the other mods they might have that image, Hibiki and Hsu are nice to talk to (well atleast on IRC) and they both have a nice sence of humor.
When you are given a modarator position, is it not logical to act like one, and maintain the forums with all the other mods?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki is constantly underrated as a super moderator, in fact he gets better all the time. Hib is hard to understand at first, but if you make the attempt, you will find it worth your while. I've been Hibiki's freind for years now, and I find him to be the most candid and honest mod.

I'll admit, I've undersold him at times, but he's a great guy, and I hope that he'll be seriously considered for administration in the future.

As for Dpred's comment, I think you'll find that alot of people think we're too strict. I occasionally get feedback from PCJoe that we are being nazis on the forum, but I think we're doing well as far as fairness.

Retired
Best answers
yeah I think compared to a lot of other forums I visitied. we're not doing so bad what fairness is concerned. I heard from a lot of other people that the policy is a bit too tight, so personally I think it's quite ok what we have atm.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well cold steel, you might be on the forum for 10 hours a day and all, but some mods have got a personal life (work, school etc.) you don't see Mastasurf all day on the forums (I'm guessing he's here for 30 minutes a day) so you wanna say Mastasurf doesn't deserve to be a admin? Same with Greg...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, everytimei look theres a new mod, i cant say anything good, nor can i say anything bad, in the modelling section at least they let alot of stuff slide, however when they do get on to them they always put a side dish of subtle flames in there with it, [/points to s-bolt]

id like to see more mods in modelling that actually model, or skin themselves, just adds a lil more of a mod feeling to it if the mods of the named section, have something to do with that section,

Retired
Best answers
people should keep in mind that there are important people doing a lot of things people don't know about..

if you dont think greg deserves admin because he's not active in the forum, then you're wrong. because if it wasnt for greg, the forums wouldnt even exist. and wouldn't be anywhere near the quality that we have right now.

Best answers
Well I'd have to say that the mod/admin staff does do a fairly good job here, sure there are mishaps here and there, but hey, they are only human.

If anything I think the mods should crack down on some forms of spam, mainly just people reposting what others have posted in the thread about 20 times before. But you know, whatever. Overall good job

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom