A ques. for someone that has a lot of experience with cable modems.

Best answers
I've been using a wireless router for a good while now and all it does is screw with my client-made servers ;( . I have a cable modem and i was gonna try to hook two cable modems instead of using the router. And before i wasted my money on another cable modem i wanted to see if anyone here had any info bout weither this idea would work or not?

Best answers
Yep, u must open the ports for the game. Configurate your router so that the port 27005 - 27030 on TCP and UDP are open.

Best answers
So if i do that i wont have to worry bout trien to get another cable modem hooked up?

Best answers
everytime i try to open the base stations management tool it crashes

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Are you positive that this works? Because I opened the following ports and people still can't connect:

Best answers
You must open ALL ports from 27005 to 27030 on TCP and UDP.

Means:

Best answers
nope, cuz everyone who has no router has this ports open, too. If you have a firewall, you can open all ports, and be also safe.

Best answers
also try setting urself as the DMZ host.. i had the same problems when i got my router, i just had to redirect the port 27015 to my machine's ip and set myself as the DMZ host and it worked.

Best answers
First: This ESF, NOT DMZ
Second: If you REDIRICT the port, noone can join the game
Third: To set urself as a host is paradox. If you create a game, youre automatically the host.

Best answers
Anyway back on topic: If a person without a router has these ports open by default why are they closed on a router for security, just to add even more security?

Best answers
your not really looking to open/close them , u want to redirect them to your machine. they should allready be open but it seems that the problem is that the router is assigning his pc an ip address of like 192.168.0.2 which then of course hosting games wont work and people wont be able to connect to you if half life sees your ip as 192.168.0.x . What you need to do is redirect a certain port to your machine, you need to redirect the half life ports so that for those ports your machine in game would have ur ip your isp is assigning to you.

Best answers
Ive tried doing this but i dont think ive done it correctly, can someone give me DETAILED directions for a Microsoft Wireless Basestation MN-500? (It uses Microsoft Broadband Nework Utility)

Best answers
read ur manual, if its not in there you should have a CD with some info on it. and if u still cant get it i suppose email microsoft because we cant really help u with that unless we have the same router as you.

when going through your router settings different companies call things differently, check for subheadings like "rules" and "services" . if you have these, go to the services section and add the half life service witthe port 27015 because ur router most likely wont have the half life service installed by default. then go to the "rules" section and redirect the half life service to ur ip ( inbound services )

can you upload us a screenshot of ur router control pannel ?

Best answers
press the print screen button ( to the right of F12) , then go to MS paint or any editing program and paste it in there.

Best answers
Ok here is ss of my router setup prog, what and where do i need to add?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom