A Pool of 1.3 melee suggestions

Best answers
Here is my new idea for a 2nd type of basic melee

- The new basic melee hit doesn't Knock your opponent back but instead it stuns them with a knee/punch to the stomach. Causing their player to bend down and hold their stomach in pain.

- It cant be done as a 2nd hit, but it can be used as the first attack.

- Player who are hit with the "stun basic melee" recover at the same speed as if they were hit by regular basic melee.

- Players who are hit with the stun basic melee can decide not to recover in order to trick there opponent by continuing to hold there stomach. Then instantly recover when they want and do a suprise attack

-Advantages? Players can setup combos that use walls or the floor if used properly. IT also gives you time to decide how you want to hit your opponent.
It also gives you a better chance to pull off beams on your opponent

-Disadvantages? I see no disadvantages for this move becasue since it cant be used as a 2nd hit players cant do 3 hits in a row.

How is this true to the show? there are SEVERAL times in the show where people get hit in the stomach then knocked into a wall or to the ground

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate this ideea this is not FOR ESF 1.3 this will only prevent melee spam evry one will like to stun the oponet this will defenetly sux if you don't know to use melee or any noob will say this game sux

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
i hate this ideea this is not FOR ESF 1.3 this will only prevent melee spam evry one will like to stun the oponet this will defenetly sux if you don't know to use melee or any noob will say this game sux
Melee is more challenging then beams, I dunno where you get the idea that melee is spamming. Beam spamming mind you is a lot worse if you consider melee spamming bad, melee is a general part of the game & you will see most pros combine both ki attacks and melee in their playying style.

I can imagine the ideas, but stunning for a suprise attack doesn't sound so great imo. If you were hit, then you were hit, no questions asked.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im going to agree with whatever the hell volkov said. I don't think this suits melee at all.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. I'd like the idea that you can punch/knee someone like he suggested. But it would have to be majorly tweaked. Maybe as a slow motion thing in adv. but i dunno. I'm kindof indifferent on this one.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no ofance but I am a beam spamer and as you call me a beam spamer I call you melee spamers because you use only melee to do big dmg but only a god beam spamer can kill a melee spamer

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
no ofance but I am a beam spamer and as you call me a beam spamer I call you melee spamers because you use only melee to do big dmg but only a god beam spamer can kill a melee spamer
What you're referring to as "Melee spamming" happens to be the skill of the game, so live with it, and quit *****ing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Learning to use beams properly is a skill too. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Best answers
I agree with Zeonix. Even if the pros in this game consider melee to be skill, in the eyes of the new players, it's still spam.

Personally I wouldn't refer to advanced melee as skill though...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one thinks you need skill to use advanced melee. When we say melee, we mean simple melee unless we specify which kind.

New players only think people are spamming melee when some moron tells the melee-er to stop spamming melee. This causes the newbie to think the melee user is doing something wrong, and it becomes imprinted in his mind. 1 day later, that person will quit esf.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
exacly and it hapend to a new noob at esf , I'v melee his theath much theath he quit ESF and never playid ESF , i think he is still whith CS
(and don't let me remid you about- Infinite combo bug Hitting people on the ground in a way that the combo will not stop)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyone can kill anyone with a beam, thats the easy way of killing. with beams its easy to kill people better than you are

with melee, however, one shot in the back wont do 90 damage and therefore you still have an opponent to deal with

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ha so this is why melee is good to finish the Job 2 simple melee combo and you win,and this is what I call a fast Kill

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is more fun then beams in a pub, unless your'e in a multi ps. Melee is much more of a challenge then any strong beam attack could ever be. As I also mentioned before, melee is combined with kiblasts & gen beams/balls, so I can't really see how it can be spammed if a player is using different moves to add variety to his attacks.

Best answers
Melee cant be spamed but gen beams can. Nowadays most players in esf rely on gen beams to do the majority of the damage in a fight and considering how strong gen bems get wit turbo in its possible to get kills wit 3 hits. So melee is cool but gen beam + turbo= not cool.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
beam damage is too high, too easy to die in esf.

A stun attack would seem cool, but if your thinking about using it so you can do a follow up attack with a wall, then it may not be neccessary. Because in 1.3, they want to add directional hitting where ever you aim the mouse.

You never said how this stun attack would work.

If I thought of a way of how it would work, then every "once in a while" the first melee hit would be a stun attack, which you can follow up with a strong hit downward, etc (dbz legends style).

Best answers
john_volkov said:

ok thanks for all your opions

here is my responce and tweak to fix the stun hit..

The stun hit.. should cost 60% of your full ki meter. My reason is because.. after you DO the hit.. YOu can do a *critical hit* that sends a player launching to the ground and does more damage..

*It wont replace basic melee* * It wont be "Spammed"* * IT would add a new experience to gameplay*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom