A Petition

Are you concerned with Filefront?

• Yes, I want answers!

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No, I believe things will be resolved.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm uncertain.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Best answers
I guess this thing will take some time to post. Yeesh.

I guess the things that have been said about the mod being dead and all, well, it is sort of true. I rarely even play it, I just don't have the heart to delete it, but one day, it will come to that. Hell, when you turn 21, you begin to realize that the world is filled with better things than an anime that you used to love as a kid, and a game that made you remember your love for it. It's been a long road I guess. I really never got into the online bit of playing. did that once, but really, the high ping got me off. But I guess my hounding the forums wasn't really anything related to the game at all. I came here after quitting another forums I was on. That was my first forums and this, I guess, will be my last. I am getting fed up of the net, that's all. But the speed, well, yeah, I guess that that's something that threw me off as well. I do not like to be online all the time. I used to, but not anymore. Even if the speed was improved, well, I guess I'm speaking for the majority of those who've left by now that it isn't going to be the same any longer.
I'm not saying we won't drop by every now and then, but hey. Still, I hope this mod does end, not any sooner than the creators wish it to, but still. Funimation might be trying to revive Dragonball Z, but really, it's done. One day, I suppse I will delete all the dragonball/z/GT episodes and movies from my hard disk. One day. lol, I don't suppose I have the strength for it right now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Okay, I'll step up and be the first to speak on the official problems with the forum.

1st: Filefront was warned, repeatedly, that the box they intended to run ESF's Forum on would not work. They did not correct the situation.

2nd: Surprise, our predictions came true, the 1GB+ Database couldn't be handled by a shared E-Machine server.

3rd: The current slowness issue IS NOT BANDWIDTH, it is the server attempting to use a database that is corrupted. Some parties believe it was externally caused damage, other's believe it was the server itself that mangled the database.

So, what can we do?

Solution 1: Merge with Filefronts forums. All of our posts will go there, and all moderation staff of ESF will be busted down to moderator rank.

Solution 2: Erase corrupted database and start over.

Solution 3: Load back up of older ESF Forum DB, and pray it doesn't corrupt again.

All three solutions are unpalatable. From what I've heard from the other senior staff members, we are leaning towards wipe and restart. This keeps our beloved forum software, and our current setup, but sacrifices seven years of .fm. bans.

As more information becomes available, I will provide it to you.

Again, we are sorry for the poor service, but we no longer have means to address it ourselves.
So maybe you can go to other free forum suppliers, like Proboards.

http://www.proboards.com/index.html

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh God, anything but Proboards. *vomit*

I can't believe you actually suggested that. Haha, my first forums came from Proboards. Man that brings back memories. But still, once I discovered InvisionFree (and later, vBulletin), everything changed. >_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh God, anything but Proboards. *vomit*

I can't believe you actually suggested that. Haha, my first forums came from Proboards. Man that brings back memories. But still, once I discovered InvisionFree (and later, vBulletin), everything changed. >_>

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, but that is V bulletin and look at the performance.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No this is Filefront and converting the database to mySQL. The actuall forum board has nothing to do with it.

Best answers
I know i shouldn't be posting in here cause i only've been in this forum for a very short time, but i know esf since 2003, i think, and personally y feel it would be a shame if you leave this version at this point...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom