a noob question not directly related to ESF

Best answers
it could be that this is in one of the sticky things at the top but damnit i cant find it

what do u use to make a model???

i wana make a admin model of majin vegeta for counter strike:source but i havent got a clue wth im supose to use to make it : /

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm pretty many question will be answered by reading over the stickies.

as for your question, i would suggest using Milkshape 3d (get a 30 days copy of it)
decompile the cs:s character and majin vegeta model, import the majin vegeta model to the Css characters Skeleton, Assign the bones to the vegeta and compile the vegeta, there you have him.

Best answers
ok i got it about right... i think but i cant find out how to compile it for css : /

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just converting an ESF model to Counter-Strike: Source isn't going to work. ESF uses scaled down models, which are much smaller than the default Half-Life model size. If anything, you're better off making your own Vegeta model or having someone make it for you.

Also your signature is too big. According to the forum rules, your signature cannot exceed 600 x 200.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just converting an ESF model to Counter-Strike: Source isn't going to work. ESF uses scaled down models, which are much smaller than the default Half-Life model size. If anything, you're better off making your own Vegeta model or having someone make it for you.
he can easily scale the model up o_O to make yourself sure you got it right, go one ms3d on scale, and on the right bar will a 3 tablets area apear , write in them 2.0 2.0 2.0 (or more or less) and then hit scale, till it get the same size of the cs:s character, then assign the skeleton to the css character, (be sure all bitmaps of vegeta are in the folder of the css character) and export the vegeta wich is rigged / assigned to the bones to the ref smd of the css one. Export as Refrence

go to tools->halflife -> compile qc file ( i gues)

Best answers
o_O well i found that but i wasnt shure if that was it and i got the scale as it should be... i think i'll just have to check it in game

about the sig sry i'll downsize it asap

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doesn't work for CS: S. the compiling method for HL2 is a bit different from HL1.

Best answers
crap so i better start learning : / i saw one thing that i already found weird the css skeleton stands a bit like a T and the vegeta stands normal : /

Best answers
OK here's what you do: (don't know how to compile half-life 2 models tho :x)

Import Vegeta's main .smd, the reference (usually named vegeta.smd)

On the upper right corner, go to JOINTS tab and delete Bip01.

Now, import any css model reference, but this time uncheck TRIANGLES when you're prompted.

Scale vegeta in X, Y, Z, and U (U makes it so that you scale it proportionally without somewhat "deforming" the model - making it skinnier or fatter).

select one of vegeta's arms and then go to the Model tab in the upper right corner and click on rotate (Default hotkey: F3) Start rotating it until it goes horizontal then hit F2 (Hotkey for Move button). Move it around so that it would be attached to the shoulder again.

Do the same with the other arm.

WARNING: DO NOT rotate or move ANY of the bones, it will make your model look like crap once you compile it.

Now, as for assigning, go to the joints tab and everytime you want to select a model's part just hit F1 (BUT BEFORE MAKE SURE THAT THE OPTIONS OF "SELECT" HAVE THE "Vertex" BUTTON PRESSED, WHICH YOU CAN FIND BELOW ALL THE BUTTONS, IN THE RIGHT MIDDLE MORE OR LESS, BECAUSE IF YOU SELECT FACES, THE MODEL WILL LOOK LIKE CRAP ONCE YOU COMPILE IT.)

Check the Joints list out and see what's what. Check out Arm, Elbow, Knee, Leg... (u select the joints simply by clicking on them).

Click on any of the joints and then hit F1 and select the limb (again, the VERTICES, NOT THE FACES) you want to assign to that bone. This is done so that the model would know what is his arm, leg, etc. Go to the joints button and click on assign. If you select the bone once more from the list, u'll just lose the vertex (limb) selection u made and have to select all over again. If that happens, hold ctrl and hit z (undo). That's why you have to select the desired joint and then the vertices.

Once you think you're done, click on Sel UnAssigned (SELECT unassigned) to check if you missed anything out. Once EVERYTHING is assigned, click on the ANIM button at the bottom right corner and then import an animation .smd file(sequence .smd) over it. When you're prompted, just click on NO. You don't need to import the animation after the 30 frames your model stands still.

Play the animation and see if it looks good to you. Now, export the whole smd as REFERENCE, rewriting your CSS reference smd (although I suggest you rename that original file first, just in case).

Now all you need to find out is how to compile... :p

Sorry, that's all I can do for you.

:EDIT:

OH crap almost forgot. Before u ever learn to compile, MAKE SURE THAT VEGETA'S TEXTURES (.bmp files in vegeta's folder) ARE IN THE CSS MODEL FOLDER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom