A ninja far superior to Naruto (wip)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*cough* remember this guy?:

well im modeling him =0

Note: I only mirrored it and took shots for this thread, i havent completely finished the head yet (hence not joined in the middle)... and well, cuz i dont know how >_> so any help is appreciated =D

so yeah, it's wip, hoping to finish it fully skin it, and get it into jedi academy =], would appreciate some crits/encouragement, so maybe i'll actually finish this model :p (i will be doing the dragon blade too)

oh and if the poly count isnt too high, and somebody else wants to rig it, they'd be welcome to put it in esf, or whatever...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I can help if you're using milkshape...
1 - select two vertices in the middle
2 - ctrl+n
3 - ctrl+w
4 - repeat with other vertices
Looks too high poly so far, whats the polycount(triangles)?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im using 3dsmax, remember im not going for hl model limits, this is for JKA, i havent a clue how to find out the poly count... if i did i'd tell you >_<

This is probably one of the most detailed parts of the model, mostly because of the crest above his eyes. From my experience the poly's arent gonna be too high atm, when i did my gokan i had a hell of a lot of polies in the face and hair (more than this model) but my model came to about 2300 tri's which wasnt that bad... for the detail i included imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Orbit said:
Well, I can help if you're using milkshape...
1 - select two vertices in the middle
2 - ctrl+n
3 - ctrl+w
4 - repeat with other vertices
Looks too high poly so far, whats the polycount(triangles)?
milkshape doesn't have quads... last I checked

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG OMG! DAVID AM MODELING AGAIN!! Great start mate, cant wait to see what you do witht he rest, you sexy beast...

Best answers
yes if u want to check the polycount ask me :p i know al about milkshape been useing it for years lol here is what u have to do,click the Selete button and click Face on the option box then selete the whole model and goto Tools and then the SelPolyCount feature, add me on MSN if u need anything eles, i have pretty much done everything on there :p

Nice model it rocks i love Ninja Gaiden i have ti for Xbox :p the model it self looks EXACTLY like him i love your work :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^ lol he said he uses 3ds max...

File > Summary Info...

Or

Right click on the model and click properties in the quad menu that comes poping up.

Or

If your really desperate... Tools > Isolate Selection (if you have more objects in the scene) and then render. Should be displayed on there somewhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said hes using 3dsm
milkshape doesn't have quads... last I checked
quad/tri has no effect on welding middle verts

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow looks nice :p

Id didnt know there were aney 3D games made with him i only know about Shadow warriors 1 and 2 for NES (wich i have ^^)

The Ninja Dragon will raise again :p

Best answers
Man you are learning fast =)

You can get your model into one piece by a simple modifier in max called symetry =)

Just get one half of your model and select all the verts that are on the weld seam (the center) scale them on the x axis i think so they are all alligned together. Now apply the symmetry modifier and it should work. If your whole model disappears then try clicking the flip button in the modifier. You can also work in this modifier by clicking back on the editable poly icon and clicking on this button (i forgot the name but it lets you work on your model and see the changes to the symetry modifier as well)

Oh and if you want to get it into esf or somen, you can get me to rig it for you anytime ;)

anywayz gj once again

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thankies for all the help, Gir has been giving me loads of help too, so special thanks to him, here's an update, the torso looks a little weird atm cuz i havent changed the shape of the back much for the arms, when i have it should look alot better... i hope :x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm ur "lowpoly" seems very nice... nways ur update is big and good.... but i think you should add some polys for the shoulder area....
gl go on seems good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lookin gOOd :) Mayby some more poly at the pecs could be cool lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looking cool make make sure you make the lil clippings he has on his shirt it pwns =P

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im gonna have to skin them on =\ it'd be way too high poly to add them, they didnt even with the ingame model on xbox =0, anyway, some small updatedness, i tweeked the pecks and changed some stuff for the arms and made it fit the jka skele, and added the bandana kinda thing =0

UPDATEDNESS! :

oh 872 polies btw >;o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lookin secsi mister ninja pimp. Nice that your keeping it fairly low poly.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as ordered:

erm, not too happy with how the arms turned out but i'll fix it up later =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow david, not bad at all. Can you post a smooth shaded pic please?

Best answers
If the model is going ingame I'd add some extra polygons onto the neck otherwise you'll be having some funy deformation issues.

I'd loose some of the polys on the mask and add them onto the shoulders and kneck areas :).

Pretty good resemblance!! nice work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom