A New Challenger steps up.

Deathguard

D
An open challenge for anyone who feels like a scrap, but preferably someone with less than five fights on their belt - don't want to jump RIGHT in.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After being pressured by Avenger I'll accept your challenge, pretty sure I've < 5 completed fights

Just know I'm also currently working on my fight with Hwo so I might take longer than usual.

Deathguard

D
Oh, Avenger pressures everyone, then?
And time's not a problem, I have plenty to wait.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll ref this fight for you guys.

The venue is the hallowed halls of the Forumscant library. It is here where the records of all that has happened since the Forums creation are stored and cared for.

New entries have not been as frequent as they once were, but librarians take their duty seriously in both the active and Archival sections of the Library. Take care to disturb neither them, nor what they for, lest you incur their wrath and that of Libraries automated defenses.

Smack Talk may now commence, then on with your fights!

Deathguard

D
Feeling confident, challenging newblets? I'm gonna rearrange those ethics of yours, - oh, and your limbs, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ethics? You're talking to the wrong man. Go home son, this is where the big boys play.

Deathguard

D
Note;
I'd rather not wait like a month though, so "I can wait" was meant to be "within reason"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i plan to work hard on my other fight over the weekend and finish rnd 1 next week sometime, after that i'll focus on this rnd 1.

-edit
Actually scrap that, I'm working on it now and hope to have rnd 1 by the end of the weekend.

-edit no. 2
Ok so i started working on it and happy to say the fights done, just needs tidying and posting but its like 3am over here (holidays is a bad influence i should've gone to sleep hours ago) If I don't force myself to proof-read it and adds tags etc. right now. It'll be up when i do all that tomorrow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lone dark figure shuffled along the deserted streets of Forumscant. Aside from the occasional lamp post, which barely lit the ground beneath it, the city was dark. Just the way Rocky, demon of the underworld liked it.
The demon let out a sigh; every now and then he received a mission like this. Non-combat assignments they were called, officially that is, Rocky preferred to refer to them as Bull****-Work, “Enter the Forumscant library, and liberate a very important book.”
Rocky reflected on the events earlier that day.

***​

“Rocky, I have another assignment for you.”

“Yes, my lord.”

“I wish for you to break into the Forumscant library and liberate for me a very important book.”

“I am to resort to petty thievery my lord? Surely one of the lower servants can accomplish such a tedious mission.”

“No Rocky!” Satan began, the tone of his voice confirming to Rocky that this was no ordinary book.
“I trust this assignment with no one else.”

“As you command, so shall I obey.”

Rocky left the chamber.

***​

Rocky continued along the sidewalk, being careful not to stand out too much, this was of course a stealth mission and despite his attempts at hiding inside the thin black cloak, his obvious bodily modifications couldn’t help but make him stand out a little.

“There it is.” He thought to himself, gazing at the four-storey building. “Get in, get the book and get out. Then maybe I can do something more fun.” Mumbled Rocky; mostly to himself as he pondered the thought of scaring innocent religious-types into a more “suitable” practice.”

Rocky began to scale the building, knowing full well the book he was after, was most likely stored in the highest, oldest and most securest section of the library, the Archives. Reaching the top, Rocky hung from the gutters as he peered into a nearby window. The demon chuckled to himself. “Only one guard? And he’s standing right by the window, this is almost too easy.”

SMASH!

With a quick flash Rocky’s tail penetrated the glass, and wrapped around the librarian’s neck, the tip of his tail striking his hapless victim in the neck, instantly preventing his target from moving any part of his body. With a quick pull of his tail, he hefted the man out of the window; once he was out over the sidewalk he gave the librarian a one-way ticket down to the ground below. The body landed with a dull thud, the kind of sound one makes when practicing boxing techniques against a side of beef. Rocky crawled in through the window, being careful not to make anymore noise than he already had, quietly, he moved towards the back of the room…

***​

“What was that?” Atsuya thought to himself, as he continued along his usual patrol route through the library.
“Probably rats again, seriously, if they’re not gonna fix this place up; they should just close it down. It’ll give me an excuse to join the army or some other worthwhile organisation; lord knows this library doesn’t get used much anyway.” Atsuya sighed, he had been working in the library as one of the few security guards for the last three months, during which time, aside from practicing his throwing aim by pinning cockroaches to the wall, he had done nothing at all even remotely exciting. Still, never one to lose hope of an exciting adventure, Atsuya headed towards the staircase, hoping that he find something of interest.

Silent as ever, Atsuya climbed the stairs leading to the Vault. Hearing noises, Atsuya began to feel the fine hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. “Someone’s up here.” He thought to himself, as he reached for one of the throwing needles strapped to his arm.

“How the **** am I supposed to find one book amidst this stack of dusty moth-eaten tomes?” Rocky cursed to himself as he scrounged amongst the many decaying books spread out on the table in front of him.

FWIP!

Rocky looked up shocked, as a shot of pain went up his arm.

“Who are you?” Asked the young man, his pure white hair remained perfectly straight, the boy was dressed in a black cloak, not quite unlike the one Rocky was dressed in.

“You’re the one who threw this at me? Isn’t it customary to introduce yourself first?” Said Rocky, referring to the needle pinning the palm of his hand to the brick wall behind him.

“My name is Yukito Atsuya, guardian and protector of this sacred place you have befouled. Now I repeat, WHO ARE YOU?”

Rocky chuckled, a cool clean laugh, obviously enjoying the inexperience of his young attacker. “Befouled? That’s a little harsh, don’t you think? I have a good idea, why don’t you turn around and go back to where you came? I am almost finished here and once I’m gone you’ll never see me again.”
“Hopefully.” Rocky muttered to himself.

Rocky pulled his hand from the door, but surprisingly it would not budge. Rocky struggled a bit harder, finally freeing the needle from the wall.

“I-I can’t just let you leave. I’m going to call for more security.” Atsuya moved toward the switch located near the door.

FWIP!

In one swift motion, Rocky threw back the needle, hitting the alarm switch and preventing it from being used.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that, and before you go reaching for that little peashooter of yours. I suggest you don’t underestimate me and walk away.” Said Rocky, his tone hardening.

OOF

From behind a book hit Rocky in the end, angry, the demon turned to face his would be assailant, to find another book thrown in his face.

FWIP FWIP FWIP FWIP FWIP FWIP FWIP FWIP FWIP

Atsuya emptied the belt of needles strapped around his arm, and soon enough Rocky found himself hugging the wall, the deadly aim of Atsuya, pinning him there with his needles each one strategically placed in his arms, legs and neck, effectively stopping the demons ability to move.

“I suggest YOU, don’t underestimate ME!” Atsuya retorted, a mocking tone in his voice.

Rocky scoffed, acknowledging the young fighter’s quip.

“I guess this mission won’t be as boring as I first thought.”

Showing amazing strength and resistance to pain, Rocky took a step forward, leaving both his cloak, and the array of needles, still pinned to the wall. Rocky cracked his neck, the musty smell of the library and the imprisonment of his body inside the thin cloth had made him stiff. Finally free, the Demon began to show off his distorted yet amazingly crafted body. His large wings unfolded to their full glory, and his tail whipped and lashed crunching through a nearby bookshelf scattering the books, among other things, onto the floor.

“Ahhh, much better.” The demon said, as much to himself as to Atsuya.

“W-what…are you!” Stumbled Atsuya, the young warrior was barely able to form words in his mouth as he took in the awesome sight of Rocky.

“That doesn’t matter anymore, what matters now is that you’ve pissed me off, that there, hanging on the wall was my FAVOURITE cloak, and you’ve put a lot of holes in it, and I don’t like that.” Rocky said, a fiendish grin appearing on his face.

Atsuya drew his tanto, knowing full well he had awoken the beast. “I need to set off the alarm; I must draw him to another room.”

“A weapon? That’s not fair; I guess I’ll have to even the odds.” Rocky taunted

Atsuya watched in horror as the demon’s red eyes changed to black.

“My lord, some interference has been encountered, I require the use of Satan’s blade, I humbly ask for your sword.”

“So be it…”

The ground below began to crumble; the very foundations of the old building began to shake as the Devil’s own sword broke through the ground into Rocky’s eagerly awaiting hands. Grasping the mighty two-handed sword he lifted it into the air, pointing it squarely at Atsuya. With a mighty charge Rocky leapt at the still shaking Atsuya, swinging down hard with his massive sword.

CLANG!

The sound of metal hitting metal rung through the library halls, Atsuya, with lightning reflexes managed to lift his blade in time, preventing himself from being cloven in two.

“That’s quite a little knife you got there.” Rocky said.

“Deiros is his name, and as long as I breathe life, he will not break.”

“Intriguing, but I promise you; before this fight is over I WILL break that sword.”

With his obvious physical advantage Rocky threw down Atsuya, trying to end the fight immediately he went for a stab, but once again Atsuya’s speed gave him the time he needed to escape and Rocky’s attack pierced nothing but the hardwood floor. Rocky swung again, using all his might to spin on the spot as he hefted the massive sword in a three-sixty degree motion. Back flipping, Atsuya avoided contact only to charge forward, perceiving a weakness in Rocky’s attack. Atsuya struck as Rocky was at the end of the movement.

CLANG!

But to no avail, Rocky showed he was no slouch as he blocked the strike with his sword.

“Attacking me at the end of my swing was a good idea, but I’m too good for that.” Rocky boasted, as he forced Atsuya back, pinning the young warrior to the wall.

CRACK!

Rocky connected with a massive head butt. The only free part of his body, his arms obviously tied up carrying his sword and legs forced into a stance that would lock Atsuya into place. Atsuya looked dazed, as Rocky continued his assault, smashing his head into Atsuya’s knocking the boy’s senses around.

“Had enough?” Rocky mocked as he saw the blood dripping down from Atsuya’s head.
“Don’t count me out just yet.”

Using his free hand Atsuya drew one of the needles from his ankle holster, stabbing Rocky in the leg. Rocky tensed but the momentary distraction allowed Atsuya to roll away from the wall.

FWIP!

“Why you…” Rocky started as he was struck in the back by another one of Atsuya's needles.

FWIP!

“What the…” Rocky started as another, needle hit him in the back.

Rocky turned to face the wall and watched, perplexed as the needles Atsuya threw earlier, began to wobble out of the wall and launch themselves at him.

“Force powers?” Rocky though as he caught and snapped a needle aimed at his chest.

“Impossible, he’s no modiwan; this must be some kind of telekinesis.”

With one slice of his sword, Rocky cut the remaining needles from the wall thus preventing them from being used as effective weapons, he watched as his hole-filled cloak fell to the floor with a flop. Rocky winced in pain as he pulled the remaining needles from his body.

“That boy...where is he?”

Rocky looked around with confusion as his opponent was nowhere to be found.

WEEE WORR WEEE WORR!

“An alarm? Why that little brat. He distracted me till he could find another alarm switch.”

Suddenly security bots began to flood out of hidden compartments along the wall. Their lights red, indicating they deemed Rocky as a hostile target.

“YUKITO ATSUYA! THIS ISN’T OVER!”

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
p.s. I hate Avenger for making me stay up till 4am to finish this.

(sorry for double post, didnt wanna include that in the fight)

Deathguard

D
The library. Anything could begin and end here in an instant - effortlessly. The librarians could incur a change here with just a slip of their wrist that would tear the Forum apart.

A sharp clinking noise sounded over the constant crinkle of paper, cutting the silence of the Library like a knife and causing several wandering Librarians to turn inquisitively towards the source of this disturbance…

Atsuya stepped out of a narrow archway at one end of the central Library chamber, lowering his Tanto from beside the sheath it had previously occupied and frowning at those individuals that had turned towards him.

A third or so of the way down the hall, another figure that seemed out of place stood -
‘wings and a tail. In a library! Bloody blasphemy!’ Yukito blinked as he realised he had spoken aloud, chuckling to himself and drawing another concerned stare from a Librarian. Those who spoke and chuckled to themselves were usually megalomaniac, anti-vegetarian psychopaths with an army of evil henchmen. This only served to elicit another laugh, louder this time, as he recalled the Vid-slate he’d received with the information for this task on.

‘So, I’m under orders; follow this “Rocky.” Find and reclaim the Nanite infused Honey on Rocky’s person. If possible, prevent Rocky finding 'the information', though this concern is secondary.
The Nanite Honey MUST be found. Only with it’s nourishing nectar can I successfully breed the army of highly malevolent intelligent robotic butterflies.
~ Do not fail. I am watching‘

A repeating, looping animation showed in the corner of the vid-slate, a stylised representation of his employer; the criminal mastermind “Cyborg-Pooh” - trapped in a storybook for over fifteen thousand years, only to be returned to life in a reconstructed, cybernetic frame, this was one pissed off teddy bear, despite it’s cuddly fluffy reputation and the fact it’s original body was 100% cotton and machine washable.

Yukito shook his head to clear his thoughts and returned to the task at hand. Slipping into a half-crouch, he advanced down the vast chamber towards the figure of Rocky at the far end, whom was busy incapacitating a librarian in a welter of flesh as it’s throat and thorax were ripped open.
Another Librarian approached Atsuya, reaching out a hand to touch his shoulder as he spoke in an even voice.

“You should not be here, stranger. This place is only for those who Moderate the Forums below.”
The man (armed with a fairly lethal sword, might I add) actually seemed to consider this for a moment, before responding.

“I am afraid I cannot comply with your insinuation that I leave. I am tasked to reclaim an item from someone in this place, and it would be rude to return without it.”

Further conversation was cut off as a loud whoomph was heard in the direction of the winged figure, as of a pocket of air being rapidly compressed, then a wrenching of wood followed swiftly by a resounding crash accompanied by a splinter of wood at least a foot long teasing the librarian’s hair as it accelerated past.

“As you can see, there is a disturbance I must tend to. Please leave at onc-”

The remainder of the librarian’s no doubt extremely helpful words were cut off as the laws of balance took their toll on the bookshelf unsettled by Rocky’s initial assault, resulting in it finally tipping the one next to it, which promptly toppled onto the librarian, killing him instantly and landing only a couple of feet from Yukito‘s feet (Got that?).

“Oh, blast it. Now I have to do this the hard way.”

Rocky, on the other hand, was busy demolishing another unit of shelving which stood in the path to the restricted records section - no doubt the location of the information! The remarkably resilient wooden construct - pine actually, Rocky really was not particularly interested to note - finally gave way before a sweeping blow from an adamant wing, pivoting briefly on it’s own axis before plummeting to the flagstones, trailing dust and loose pages before erupting in a mushroom cloud of tattered remnants. The words “Next, please” might be appropriate here, but Rocky deigned to utter them, instead moving directly on to the next offending item, a rather grand oak antique armoire.

Yukito made a beeline for the disturbance as the air erupted into the sound of focussed chaos, arriving at the end of the aisle to see the armoire rendered down into it’s component planks by the lash of a metallic tail. It must be said, whilst I linger on the subject, that the pile of debris was remarkably neatly distributed, with no particular lumps or piles, just a generic “rubble underfoot” feel.

Yukito took the initiative, performing a single somersault onto the top of a particularly robust elm filing cabinet and making a short hop to a nearby pine bookcase, the twin of the recently demolished one currently sitting pleasantly in a pile behind Rocky. The bookcase shook slightly but held as the tanto-wielding swordsman made another short hops onto a resin storage bin, only a few feet behind Rocky.

The demon took that exact instant to spin around, having located an easier way into the Restricted Records section.

“Ah. I was wondering when this might occur. Don’t suppose you have any, uh, Nanite-infused Nectar handy?”

Whether or not the demon had a clue what the hell he was talking about was moot, as a fist landed squarely in his chest, smashing him from his perch and slamming him into a relevantly soft collection from the Artwork section with enough force to jar his ribs halfway to next luncheon.

"You're in my way, get out of it and stay out of it, and take your... Nectar with you. Although perhaps...
Perhaps you will make this more fun - for me!"

A dim voice could be heard from the bottom of a pile of assorted pallets, canvases and stands as the swordsman hauled himself to his feet in front of the demon.

“That bloody hurt, you bastard. I only asked a civil question! Now I’ll have to break some of your bon-” The swordsman was yet against cut off as the demon’s tail flashed towards his chest, parrying the blow with his blade before hopping backwards, catching the lip of the aforementioned resin storage bin and flicking himself onto it’s top. Falling to one knee on his surface, he slid his centre of gravity towards the edge of the platform, allowing gravity to bear him down before snapping his leg out, propelling himself up and around clockwise, hammering a reinforced shin plate into the posterior of the demon’s ugly, foul…

Horned face. (Hah, almost had you!) The blow rocked Rocky (No pun intended) back - momentarily, before another uppercut smashed the resin bin out from under the acrobatic pest and a demonic fist snatched his ankle, rotating twice before hurling the less powerful foe towards a remarkably detailed sketch of the Berlin Wall. Happily it wasn’t TOO detailed and Yukito hit only soft canvas, not unyielding rock.

“Now that was uncalled for, dammit. I'll have to harm you now, and I won't even get any blasted hazard pay. Eh, at least I can try his employers weirdo war cry.”

The lithe swordsman bent over for a moment as if winded, rising again as though offering something out to the demon. A brief glint of dulled silver could be seen before Yukito snapped his wrist up and out, landing a throwing spike neatly in the demon's upper torso, close to the heart, although not even close to fatally. The demon looked briefly confused as another spike struck him in the right arm, half it's length buried into satanic flesh.

"FOR POOH BEAR!"

The demon recovered remarkably quickly, considering what had just been yelled at it, raising his shoulder, legs launching into motion.

"Eh. I'll deal with you and then claim my prize, it makes no difference to me!"

Before Rocky had even finished speaking he had begun moving, a single sweep of those mighty, metal wings launching him over Yukito's head before screaming down from the roof, both feet impacting the ground with a force that would have instantly pulverised Yukito's body, had he still being stood there.

Rocky was faintly aware of a presence behind him before Atsuya kicked off his back, slamming a foot into his head, snapping his head to the side and leaving a crick in his neck that will no doubt pain him greatly the next day, and then rotating in the air to face downwards, his head towards the ground. His hand fell (rose?) to his hip, bringing the long-barrelled pistol level with his eye and Rocky's shoulder line and pulling the trigger.

The gun gave a satisfying jerk in his hand as the wide nosed slug erupted from the barrel, blowing a portion of Rocky's left shoulder out down to the bone in a welter of gore and muscle. Landing heavily, though with a howl of triumph, the gun-slinging-sword-fighter rose to his feet again just in time to be kicked back off them, sailing through the air for a dozen feet or so and just about catching himself on an ornate brass lever.

"Archive Lockdown Seal 2 - Released"

"Oh, just wander right back off. Now I appear to have initiated some sort of archive-defence mechanism. Will my trouble here never end? Woe betide any who try and earn an honest payroll."

Thick, reinforced metal doors began rolling to seal every exit bar one - the door Yukito had entered through, at the end of the "Off-Topic" category. Strangely, the doors bore the slogan "Backup Folder" and seemed to be identical in every way.

Rocky's tail abruptly ended Yukito's pondering, lashing across his chest, drawing a strip of blood that leaked out to soak his shirt. The tail came back across, penetrating harshly into Atsuya's right forearm, causing the man to drop the sword with a yelp, the blade clashing harshly against the floor with a strange, reverberating ringing noise.
The demon took another step forwards, launching a thunderous left hook at Atsuya's face.

"This isn't as fun as I though. Run away, kid!"

Yukito took an unsteady step back, shaken by the ferocious assault and breathing heavily, eyes slipping out of focus in the backlash of the pain as the tail tore free. Swaying on legs that suddenly seemed as though they consisted of marshmallow or jelly (That's Jell-o for you Americans.) he glanced across at Rocky...

The devil-spawned bastard had cleaned the blood from his tail, his body apparently having bulked up, his arms and legs more powerfully muscled and his physique taller and more intimidating. He also had a palm pointed at Atsuya, and at the centre of that palm a small blob of dark matter was coagulating into a concentrated ball.

It stopped growing.
And fired.

Yukito threw himself backwards, cursing as his ribs ground together - at least one broken, and his wounds jarred painfully on landing. The thrice-damned thing was still coming!
Somewhere, in the tumult that was his mind, he found a strand of power and grasped it. A multitude of books lifted themselves from nearby shelves and from the rubble and threw themselves at the ball, igniting as they did so.

The resulting explosion blew the combatants away from each other, flattened every shelf within a dozen or so yards and left a small, smoking crater in the middle of the library. Burning, withered pages floated down in the air like flower petals, the smell of old parchment and new fire flooding the air. Several spars of wood and wreckage had also caught light and were burning steadily, spreading the fire to the surrounding literature.

Fire risk detected. Initiating fire control procedures. All librarians have Twelve minutes to vacate the area before the room becomes void of air. Please remain calm.

The swordsman rose from the ashes, certain that at least three ribs were broken now, probably more were damaged. Dragging his blade from the wooden spar it stuck out of, quivering, as he rose, he gave a pained grunt and prepared to face the foe.

Rocky had a sword.
Or rather, a sword had come to Rocky. He was in the process of ripping it from the tortured ground, a monstrosity of a blade - a huge, two handed cleaver, at least triple the length of Atsuya's tanto, probably quadruple the length.

"Lucifer himself lends aid to send your screaming soul to hell. I'll be glad to do so, believe me."

"Er, peaceful conclusion likely?
I suppose not."

As the library burned, panicked Librarians scattering as their precious charges took flame, the two combatants faced off on that shattered, blood-stained earth.

"Come on then, ya little bastard. I'll slaughter you and then find this book!"
"I'll strike you down where you stand."

Ten Minutes Remaining.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=O This went by heck of a lot faster than I thought it would!

I loved both you guys posts, but I'm declaring Rocky87 the winner for this round.
Deathguard, I really like your writing style, because it reminds me a lot of my own. But there were a few places where your grammar made your story a little hard to follow. When that wasn't the case, your out of character comments broke your stories flow. If you can incorporate those better into what's going, like make them internal thoughts or convert them into some kind of dialogue instead, I think you'd have a much stronger entry next round.

On to the next round gents; Rocky87's actions are the ones that happened and thus are the ones that should be continued.
FIGHT!!

Deathguard

D
In that case, I submit.

All my writings contain out of character satire, irony or humour.
This is as toned down as I have made anything thus far.

Please do PM me with specifics concerning my grammar, since I usually notice (As there are none) no irregularites or misplaced items in my final writings.

I should have been able to win the first round.
When I did not it made it pointless to continue in my eyes - Nothing else should be acceptable but a clear and overwhelming victory.
It was pleasant visiting Fight Club.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=/ Don't even wanna give it a shot? Can't say I'll go easy on you but you've got some potential here with creative writing, just take a more serious approach (cyborg winnie the pooh and nectar to create killer butterflies is hardly serious) and clean up your formality (as gohan said the little out of character bits really interupted the flow)

Anyway have a think about it, just cause you lost the first round of your first fight doesn't make you bad at fight club, most of us can say we lost our first fights, and it really does take exceptional talent to do otherwise.

Have a think about it, as I said for a first round you did quite a lot better than I expected, just tidy up the things we've mentioned and you could write a pretty good second round. If you still wanna quit, just say so and when gohan checks the thread he can react accordingly.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you disagree with your result, you are free to request a different ref for the second and subsequent rounds so long as your opponent agrees.

Deathguard

D
The ref is not the problem, I am sure he judged to the best of his ability.
The fact Rocky's writing was superior is the problem - it is unnacceptable to have lost a fight so quickly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally don't think gohan did a bad job at all, but if you think so I'm fine if you want a new ref.

As far as expecting a clear and overwhelming victory on your first round ever, I personally think you set the bar too high.

If you want to quit thats cool too, I'll take the forfeit win, 4 looks better than 3, and if possible (not sure on the rules of forfeit) but can I perform a fatality?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're not gonna whinge like a little ***** if you lose, by all means continue, if you are, save us all the grief and forfeit.

Anyway I'm going to bed, I'll read your decision tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom