A New Challenger steps up.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ref is not the problem, I am sure he judged to the best of his ability.
The fact Rocky's writing was superior is the problem - it is unnacceptable to have lost a fight so quickly.
Never surrender. You have to work harder for your next round. Easy victories are meaningless, it is the close battles that give you sense of accomplishment.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'll get flayed for throwing this in now, but I believe what Gohan is saying is to put it simply if you refrain from placing flow breaking comments in your story;

e.g. Horned face. (Hah, almost had you!) The blow rocked Rocky (No pun intended) back -

it would be a huge step in the right direction for this win you believe you are entitled to. :laff:

Deathguard

D
I don't think I'm entitiled to win, simply that if I cannot win I should not compete- Fight Club would not be interesting to other competitors if they won easily every time.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just so I know whether to write round 2, are you continuing?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think I'm entitiled to win, simply that if I cannot win I should not compete- Fight Club would not be interesting to other competitors if they won easily every time.
Inversely, thinking you'll win every time isn't very fun either.

Cucumba and Kelesk's words mirror my own opinions; If you think I didn't judge fairly, or my own skill wasn't up to snuff, request another ref. I have no problem with that, and I've no problem admitting I'm out practice with writing compared to most of the other guys here either.

As far as a summary of what I thought didn't work well in your post, I'll pm you that to you tommorow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom