A new background for the menu?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are talking about version 1.6 of CoF, then let me inform you that it is no longer a half life modification.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
If you are talking about version 1.6 of CoF, then let me inform you that it is no longer a half life modification.
But because one of you developers said that you 'hacked the sh*t' out of the half life engine, does it make ESF:Final a HL mod?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But because one of you developers said that you 'hacked the sh*t' out of the half life engine, does it make ESF:Final a HL mod?
Then ill say it like this. CoF does not require Half Life to work.

Now im not sure if they managed to make a backdoor deal with Valve to get access to the GoldSRC engine code, or if they just used a different engine to all together, CoF is at this point in time a stand alone game. And if you have that much access, you can change the hard-coded stuff to. We are still only using the Half Life 1 SDK to make ESF enabling us to go only as far as we are allowed to.

Also hacking has a broader meaning than you seem to think judging by that comment.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The team won't do a crap! They're too busy 'working' on ESF!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team won't do a crap! They're too busy 'working' on ESF!
Would it be possible for you to just shut up and go away

Yeah

It would be great if you could do that

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Would it be possible for you to just shut up and go away

Yeah

It would be great if you could do that
I don't think it is really possible. :(

--- edit ---

Then ill say it like this. CoF does not require Half Life to work.

Now im not sure if they managed to make a backdoor deal with Valve to get access to the GoldSRC engine code, or if they just used a different engine to all together, CoF is at this point in time a stand alone game. And if you have that much access, you can change the hard-coded stuff to. We are still only using the Half Life 1 SDK to make ESF enabling us to go only as far as we are allowed to.

Also hacking has a broader meaning than you seem to think judging by that comment.
Yeah, I think I basically understand what hacking is. Gaining access to changing the engine, etc.

Also - HL1SDK! I must LEARRRRRN how to USSSSEEEE it!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I think I basically understand what hacking is. Gaining access to changing the engine, etc.
Thats only one of its defenitions. Hacking is also updating the code you have so that it works better than before, to do something that it wasnt able to before. For example the HL SDK has files that relate to the map format. Our coders removed those from the equation by putting in calls for the new map format. Thats not breaking the integrity of the engine in any way, its just bypassing some of the original SDK and replacing it with something new, yet it still falls under hacking. If you take the word as loosely as possible, you could say that all modifications are hacks of the games they modify and you would not be fully wrong.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It may be stand alone but it's whole basis came from that of Half-Life. If you guys managed to somehow detach ESF from half-life and make it standalone, it's still rooted to that no matter what. Least you go and re-write the entire code. Though I do think I understand what you mean when you say 'it is no longer a half life modification. It's reached a point where Half-life itself isn't required.

But my point being, an animated back-ground should be more than possible. Not that I care if you do. Probably won't be looking at it for too long anyway XD The whole team knows exactly what to do. Every Idea I've ever suggested as already been implemented in some way, or already thought of by the team. Not only do I trust that your collective vision will make the mod GOLD, I know it will be a platinum experience in the eyes of most DBZ fans!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It may be stand alone but it's whole basis came from that of Half-Life. If you guys managed to somehow detach ESF from half-life and make it standalone, it's still rooted to that no matter what. Least you go and re-write the entire code. Though I do think I understand what you mean when you say 'it is no longer a half life modification. It's reached a point where Half-life itself isn't required.

But my point being, an animated back-ground should be more than possible. Not that I care if you do. Probably won't be looking at it for too long anyway XD The whole team knows exactly what to do. Every Idea I've ever suggested as already been implemented in some way, or already thought of by the team. Not only do I trust that your collective vision will make the mod GOLD, I know it will be a platinum experience in the eyes of most DBZ fans!

It can not be done in HL. Thats one part we dont have access to. We can mess with the fonts and what not, but actually adding an animated BG would require about as much work as the new map system (if possible at all). To much for to little gain. We did however update the BG a bit to support higher resolution pics (no gifs though) ;)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well....maybe in a patch or something if you guys decide to add it afterwards. The goal is to release ESF as fast as possible after all.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
They wouldn't add any new features such as that in a patch! A patch would be reserved for bug fixing and other problems plaguing the release build. They've stopped adding new features to their "to do-list", therefore I wouldn't count on this "minor" detail to make it. Which I think is unfortunate, but agreeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom