A neat little graphic thingy

Best answers
It's on the mainpage of planethalflife, but thought I should point this out. Like in the topic it alters the graphics a little, such as motion blurs and such.

http://www.bits.bris.ac.uk/randomnine/hacks.htm

the link may say hacks, but it is no hack, and has no hacks on it, I REPEAT NO HACK! Just thought I'd make this clear.

Anyways, it is simply amazing what it did to half-life, although disorienting at first. Playing a few minutes I thought it would be awesome to use in ESF! It being at high speeds and all, a motion blur would be neat. Just curious about what you guys thing about motion blurs and ESF. Anyways, unfortunately, I don't know how to add this, when I installed it, renamed the mod to VRE 0.4 or something.

It came with these 5 files. Anyone know which I should put in and what to keep out to make the blur work? If not, then just say so.

client.dll
custom.hpk
hl.dll
liblist.gam
pldecal.wad

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That in game AVI player is ... Well I hate using this kind of language, but "mad tight." I'd love to set something like that up in a map.

Best answers
whee AVI player,I wonder if you can embed an episode of DBZ into the game

I like all the stuff but when I read about the VRE I realized that this I believe is only for HL

but I coud be wrong yknow

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried mixing them together (VRE and Half Life), and as long as you keep the client.dll it works fine, though not many of the features are present (as ESF maps and attacks are not designed to make use of them). The only thing I noticed was heavier lighting effects from ki blasts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea motion blur would be good, plus a animated crosshair! That would make ESF even more Graphically advanced, and it doesnt increase the file size that much.

Best answers
Originally posted by Doodie Man
whee AVI player,I wonder if you can embed an episode of DBZ into the game
haha put a episodes of dbz on the avi player thing. i can imagine like 10 people standing around a big screen tv in the middle of esf_cell_Day watching some dbz. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom