A maxed out Camaro ss VS Maxed lamborghini murcielago

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you mixed up your numers, I doubt that lambo makes more than 700bhp with no after market parts available.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'll only believe the camaro's numbers if he is packing 2 big snails under that hood, or a huge blower.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where do you get these numbers from? What Im saying is, do you have a site that explains it, with a list of mods?

The Murcielago only makes like 560hp stock, so if Demiskyer is right then its got some bolt ons.

Best answers
ya i kno im right cuz theres a trans am and camaro with that much hp i saw them at a show and DAM I WAS STAR STRUCK they called the the exotic killers

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
DEMISKYER said:
ya i kno im right cuz theres a trans am and camaro with that much hp i saw them at a show and DAM I WAS STAR STRUCK they called the the exotic killers
I am finding it hard to believe the camaro is making that power unless it has an intercooler hidden. Might be an ls1 or ls6, but its still difficult to pull those kind of numbers.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would need a hood breaching blower to generate those numbers. Even then it would need to be the rare 500bhp monster. Intercoolers rarely help blowers ;p Realistically the Camaro SS with some mods might yank 400bhp out of its ass.

As far as the Lambo, I am not aware of after market mods for Italian exotics.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
My friend just dyno'd his SS with stroked ls1 to basically ls6, sure has other mods too, he put down 468rwhp with bad cam. I'd actually like to see him turbo it, or supercharge it, I've always wanted to see what a stroked ls1 motor could handle with Forced induction.

Back ontopic, well yeah blowers don't need an intercooler, but at that power I think he would need everything to help him out with making power. Unless that picture is old, he was lying about his hp IMO.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem is that an intercooler only really works with a turbocharger, at regular atmospheric temps the intercooler doesn't do enough to warrant the extra circulation system. The reason it works so well with turbo is that that turbo is hot air, driven by the exaust. Superchargers/Blowers work off the crank and take "cold" air in through the top of the hood (forced air induction). Cold air has more oxygen because it's more densly packed, that's why turbo's suffer a bit without intercoolers.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well sometimes blows suck in hot air depending on their design, I know serveral people with Vortech Superchargers on their 99 Civic Si's without the aftercooler kit, and sometimes they say they get enough warm air in there sometimes it detonates or something around those lines. Sometimes its hard to get cool air to get into the intake if the motor runs so warm, that would be my fear with a blower.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why most GOOD blowers breach the hood. Tiny little superchargers need a cold air induction kit, nothing more. Further, detonation is a result of ****teh timing, requiring an aftermarket timing kit. The more you push an engine, the more you have to tune it right. Usually requiring a slight retardation in timing, even with variable valve timed engines.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Usually requiring a slight retardation in timing, even with variable valve timed engines.
Yep, we had to retard my friends ls/vtec motor in his gsr because it was running horrible, bit to rich too. I need to research on camaro's mainly the ls1 with what tuning they have and option, who knows I may get a newer camaro sometime soon.

Best answers
dude those r just pic just so u can see the kind of cars they and and my friened josh has camaro with 614hp hes the fastest camaro here sure he had to change his axl to raceing ones

Best answers
but to tell u the truth he has turbo the ram air new exaust and i for got the other **** he had under his hood but thisis no lie

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
DEMISKYER said:
but to tell u the truth he has turbo the ram air new exaust and i for got the other **** he had under his hood but thisis no lie
I'm quite interested to see how his ram air still works.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DEMISKYER said:
It may be a rumour but I heard these forums have an edit button ;). Don't double post, especially three minutes apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom