Best answers
heres a map i made 4 esf, it took me about 4 hours
basically i want to know what u think of the sky boundaries on the edges of the map. it fixes the annoying glitch where the map dissappears. shouldn't all esf maps be like this?

esf_skyarena

*edit*
ok, u guys wanted pics and explanation

skyarena1
skyarena2
skyarena3

it basically has 2 floating platforms 1 above the clouds and 1 below them, and some terrain below :D

Best answers
mna i downloaded this but usally i would like a pic first so please when u post a map post pics with it

Best answers
ummm im not downloading until i see pictures or a description sorry its just that i have broadband with limit download 80gb 2mg down and 512kb upload so yea pictures

Best answers
Originally posted by lost soul
ummm im not downloading until i see pictures or a description sorry its just that i have broadband with limit download 80gb 2mg down and 512kb upload so yea pictures
yeah the map is 120kb lol, ive put up pics 4 u

Best answers
much better thankyou lol im sorry its just that my brother uses like my dad down at the pub he download 5 movies a day that are 1.2 gb a day i only get on the computer 2 minutes a day (i just get on if i get home before my brother does from skool)

Best answers
func_illusionary
i could have made it look much better but i was worrying a bit about the fps, might have run a bit slow on older machines

btw, what do u think of the sky barrier?

Best answers
Very nice map, sky barriers are great, no more backing away into the side of a map from your enemy and blowing yourself up with your beam.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hmm .. glitch? do you mean the solid brushes of the map disapear when your too far away? (dunno how to describe it better ^_^' ) .. thats easy to "fix". goto map/map properties and change the value of the max viewable distance. :)

Best answers
Originally posted by DJ-Ready
hmm .. glitch? do you mean the solid brushes of the map disapear when your too far away? (dunno how to describe it better ^_^' ) .. thats easy to "fix". goto map/map properties and change the value of the max viewable distance. :)
err no, i mean, when u back away into the sky the whole map dissapears and the beams you shoot blow up on you.. it's really annoying and ive fixed that problem... see this thread.

tnx ultrarune, he knows what im talking about

Best answers
Originally posted by goku_2022
this happens in every map man just dont go up that high
yes it does, but in this map u can go as high as you want and it still won't happen

Best answers
I fixed this problem in my map, too! no vanishing map anymore...
I played your map...pretty nice, this func_illusionary idea was a good one. looks realistic! :yes:

Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_T@xi
I fixed this problem in my map, too! no vanishing map anymore...
I played your map...pretty nice, this func_illusionary idea was a good one. looks realistic! :yes:
yeah all esf maps should have a similar fix for it, it makes it so much less frustrating when ure playing

hope u release ur namek map soon, looks good :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom