A little bone to pic about sigs...

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I'm seeing more and more people on here with two or more large sigs. It's perfectly fine when you have two or more small ones, but when they're like 600x150 (just estimating), it gets a little out of hand. I really don't want to type any more on this, I'm tired, and I have to study for a U.S. History test. I hope you guys get my point, thanks.

Noah
GreenTaco

Best answers
yeah i totally agree, not i like a nice neat little sig, like mine :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya totally agree the amount of sigs is just out of hand especially those people with like 5-10 animated gifs, they are just the most annoying!

BrunO

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True that, one sig should be plenty enough.

Retired
Best answers
yeah i have one sig, i saw guys who had 3 sigz, now that' s just too much.

Best answers
Ya one's fine, and mine is like 600 x 150..but it loads fast :) after all people should work hard on one sig instead of rushing a bunch and posting them all geeez

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, not one flame....wait, this isnt the cs-skins forums. Whew. You guys are kool. Shin, your sig is just fine the way it is, it's really damn cool, the best on here IMO, it loads fast, and it has Flash incorporated into it. How cool is that? Damn cool. :) Thanks for the agreement on this.

Noah
GreenTaco

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the forums should have a limit of 1 sig per person......

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree but disagree. I think that there shouldn't be many limits on the forum, but instead it should be the person's responsibility to be.....responsible. Of course, if too many people abuse that, then you should limit things.

Noah
GreenTaco

Best answers
Why just not put a size CAP on, so images must be smaller then pixel X pixel, and must be under 150 KB. That might help keep down the amount of signs they use and how big they are.

Best answers
If you have multiple sigs and you can't pick so you post them all, then ICQ me and I will post up a random image directory for you. You insert the CGI script as an image and it randomly selects an image in the give dir. That way, you don't have to decide which sig is posted, it randomly generates it!

I like my thinking!

Ten

Best answers
Don't you have to host cgi bins though? It's pretty hard finding relaible free cgi hosting from what I've heard.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
mines 700x200 lol but i got to fit piccolo's big head in my sig :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if you scale a large image down, it doesn't lose any quality (or at least not very much). You shoulda seen the size of the gohan in my sig before I scaled him down.

Noah
GreenTaco

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
all these people and their free everything.. go get a job and pay for webhosting and a domain name.. all i see now is "why doesnt my sig work", you want to know why? its because you are using a free webhosting service that sucks some major nuts.
and another thing.. (this should really be in models but it started off with art) all these people with the skin editing... theres at least 5-10 people "skin-editing" (if you call coloring inside the lines skin-editing) the same exact thing the same exact way. if you're going to do that at least change something like that kid who put rips in Goku's shirt, see now that was original. now before you all start flaming me because its only their first try at it, i have this to say.. when you finish your skin editing, or model adjustments, step back and look at your work, and ask yourself, "hmm has anyone ever done this before" and if someone has then CHANGE IT!... sorry i just had to get that out

Best answers
Why would you purchase a domain for hosting a simple signature?

And let them play around with 'coloring in the lines.' It takes time to learn good skinning techniques, as well as practice. Let them post their own skins up for download.

Don't complain about something until you can create an output as creative or more creative than what these young minds are already doing.

Good day sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom