Best answers
well this is my latest venture, ssj4 gogeta, i planned to be doing this in 3d max, but my copy is messed up some how;( so i took what i learned about box modeling, and used it in milkshape, this is about 30 minutes into it, i have the head done and of course im gonna add a tail, but ill show that after its all skinned, anyways, heres the flats

now heres how the skin will lay out

forgive the sloppy renders, but hey thats milkshape for ya, that and it runs in open gl and my open gl support sucks on my comp
*edit* oh and i just realized he doesnt wear boots, he has shoes with that blue tape crap, so im gonna fix the shoes up

Best answers
yeah thats true, i mostly work out proportions when i put it on a skeleton so it fits it, cause if i make the legs too long, they will look jacked up when animated

Best answers
well thats the term the 3d max tutorial i used called the process of taking a box and extruding, shaping and subdividing it until u have a model, maybe its called somethin else, who knows, not me

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
:| time consuming? i like poly by poly best

Best answers
yeah poly by poly is what i usually do, but i wanted to give this a shot, and no not time consuming at all, i did this in actually under a half hour, i dunno how fast everybody else is, but it usually takes an hour or more to do the body poly by poly for me

Best answers
I ordered 3d max and should be starting soon so you never know I might be joining you guys.

Best answers
heres my lil update, started adding detail to the skin today, still gotta add alot more detail, but heres how its goin, oh and in case ur blind, the head, hows it look? what needs to be done?)his legs arent stubby, its the angle) and i gotta snap the body together cause u can see the line where the 2 halves come together, so dont worry that wont be there any longer

Best answers
u obviously didnt read the post before the pic....but thanks for the pics

Best answers
well im damn near done, just some more details and definition, hows it look?

Best answers
yes i made the body low poly, but maybe ill say screw it and add some more to make the arms round

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its awesome dude just a lil more details

do u need to skin it?

Scruffie

S
The bit where fur meets flesh on the abs is kind of a V shape... shouldn't it be more rounded like in those reference pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom