A good read?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thought I'd make a thread where we could all share what we thought to be a good read. This applies to books, articles and so forth.

John Dies At The End is a good read, you can find it on www.johndiesattheend.com free.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If none of you have read the Lincoln Child Pangea books (the Relic, Reliquary, Mount Dragon, Riptide, Thunderhead, the Ice Limit, Cabinet of Curiosities, Still Life with Crows, Brimstone, Dance of Death, Book of the Dead and Wheel of Darkness . . . in that order!) they are excellent thrillers that border on high tech and mysticism. Only Mount Dragon lacks good pacing, all the rest get read by me within a week. Don't judge Relic on it's movie counterpart, the movie omitted the best character, and the book was much, much better at imparting the terror of the museum beast!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recommend anything by James Patterson.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Dune series
Kubik
2001: A Space Odyssey + Sequels
The Rama series
The Foundation series
The Thesaurus and Dictionary
Neuromancer
Ender's Game and sequels
Eon

That's all I remember from the top of my head, but they're all great books. Especially the thesaurus.

Best answers
Cuc, I remember reading the Relic when I was 13 or something, I do recall enjoying it though, I almost picked up Reliquary at the bookstore the other day, might have to with your suggestion.

Michael Crichton gets my vote, the man is educated and it comes through in his writings, for good thrillers with lots of thought behind them, pick up this guys books.

Also I've been reading a lot of James Rollins lately, fast reading books with suspense and action. His sigma series is very entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom