A Friendly complaint to ESF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
False claims you say? No, you're just not making the right impression. While I can't speak for everyone else, you give me the impression that you know what's best for ESF and that your suggestions are flawless. Which is why you dismiss everyone that disagrees with you and is unable to take criticism.

But that's just how I see it.

Anyway, what the hell is ground melee? What difference does it make whether melee is being engaged on the ground or in the air? And how will this improve ESF's melee system or ESF as a whole?
You may continue to think that for all I care.. i'm not going to argue or bicker over your hate posts/beliefs..

Shiyojin Rommyu No, it basically shows how you want to get around the established norm for maps, just make a broken idea 'work'.
wtf are you talking about, more ignorant posts? Look what i suggested is a way to remove the invisible walls on the ground that players often run into when running on the ground..

It would add too much work to code and / or mapping, and the end result will look stupid.
Hey MC who's giving u the impression they know best?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You may continue to think that for all I care.. i'm not going to argue or bicker over your hate posts/beliefs..
You got the wrong idea. While it may be hard to believe, I don't hate you.

And I would appreciate it if you answered my questions rather than replying only to my criticisms of you.

VideoJinx said:
Hey MC who's giving u the impression they know best?
You are.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx you dont seem to get how mapping works.

If you move just a bit under the terrain. So that the actuall terrain is smoother. Where the visible terrain is abbove it. You allready have Goku standing up to his head inside the terrain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx you dont seem to get how mapping works.

If you move just a bit under the terrain. So that the actuall terrain is smoother. Where the visible terrain is abbove it. You allready have Goku standing up to his head inside the terrain.
And that, Jinx, is why it will look stupid.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
anywho

Grega,how so... i'm very sure it's possible to have 1 terrain overlap another....

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anywho

Grega,how so... i'm very sure it's possible to have 1 terrain overlap another....
Why would you want to?

i just realized, who the **** made jinx a beta tester?
I'm more curious as to whether he really is a beta tester or not. Beta testers usually know more than the average forum goer, but he seems to be completely oblivious to what's being worked on.

Last edited:
Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
VideoJinx is an artist, and I imagine he has a vivid imagination when it comes to visualizing his ideas and scraping up fragments of logic to explain them.
Unfortunately, your inability to deal with criticism, constructive or not, has really made it hard (based on what I've read) to come to conclusions when discussing about certain aspects of the game.
ESF is not your proyect, and it seems like being a beta tester has really taken its toll on your behaviour... which I find uttermost childish.
You wont win arguments by getting the last post... those that oppose you Jinx have far more valid arguments.

It should be a forum rule not to compare ESF to any PS2 games or 2d fighting style games.. while some concepts can be recycled and put to use in ESF (mainly eyecandy), its already another concept altogether.
Contemplating ground-based combat and visualizing it may be fun, but what is the POINT of ground combat... really?
It would mean that the team has to dedicate extra time to make a melee system for ground combat alone, which I find a pointless addition either way.

So a big ass no.

Grega made it clear that smoothing out maps would make more problems then it would solve.

So... end of story?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Simply put, going under the map terrain is not going to happen because it would cause an enormous ammount of problems.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anywho

Quite simple. You have 2 choices.

1.) Smooth out the map by variating from the actual terrain (going under and over it in some areas). Would result in Goku either standing above ground or compleetly being below the ground. The ground being the visual terrain and the place hes standing on the invisible smoothed terrain.

2.) Totally recreate the visible terrain with the invisible one. It would fix the upper problems. But youd end up with the same exact thing as there is now only that the map files would be twice as large since you'd actually do every map twice. It wouldnt cause lag since the invisible stuff wouldnt get rendered.

The other thing that would get messed up would be the shadows. They wouldnt be displayed on the visible terrain since that would have to be set to func_illusionary and since the invisible terrain is just that (invisible) the shadows wouldnt get rendered on that eather.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
VideoJinx is an artist, and I imagine he has a vivid imagination when it comes to visualizing his ideas and scraping up fragments of logic to explain them.
Unfortunately, your inability to deal with criticism, constructive or not, has really made it hard (based on what I've read) to come to conclusions when discussing about certain aspects of the game.
huh??

ESF is not your proyect, and it seems like being a beta tester has really taken its toll on your behaviour...
What?! are you serious ?? (thiz is ludicris)

which I find uttermost childish.
You wont win arguments by getting the last post... those that oppose you Jinx have far more valid arguments.
Who cares about winning arguments? it wasn't my intention to start one in the first place...

It should be a forum rule not to compare ESF to any PS2 games or 2d fighting style games.. while some concepts can be recycled and put to use in ESF (mainly eyecandy), its already another concept altogether.
Yes, lets make it a forum rule.. to have limited thinking.. thats the way we roll.. well..I'de rather not.... If you look @ wha i said about the game.. i brought up the idea that having a similar melee + ESF freedom would greatly improve the game.. This includes ground and Air, i believe BOTH are just as important, and i've already came up with a way to include a similar melee system.. with COMPLETE freedom..(it's in the shop)

Contemplating ground-based combat and visualizing it may be fun, but what is the POINT of ground combat... really?
Yes, let us think about this.. by ESF 1.2 standards what is the point of ground melee.. but then again.. were talking about 1.3 where the melee systems should/could be entirelly improved.

It would mean that the team has to dedicate extra time to make a melee system for ground combat alone, which I find a pointless addition either way.

Not exactly, Air melee can transition into ground melee and visa versa dependnig on situations / events.. having advantages for fighting on the ground.. and advtanges for fighting in the air..

So a big ass no.
We all heard it folks.. Stealth gives ground melee, 2 thumbs down.

Grega made it clear that smoothing out maps would make more problems then it would solve.
Yea.. but that shouldn't be the question.. it should be.. would it be worth it if a worthy melee system was created.

So... end of story?
possibly? 2 be continued?

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Compare ESF to a sandwich. The team are still slicing the bread and opening the butter (or margarine). Give them time to finish the sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom