A Friendly complaint to ESF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros: LOL.. yeah! hes a beta tester.. i dont know why they create treads like this! but Jinx must have a reason for it.

grega: Yeah! you are right! the simple melee of ESF is more complex than the melee from the other mods! and much more fun!
and im really happy to know that the team talk about the community ideas!
and it was not Jinx who say this.. i thought about it myself.. and its great to know taht im wrong :D

DJ: i used to be a game developer and i know that create a system is hard.. the best thing to do is what i said in my previous post. The team came up with a concept of the melee, so the community can share opinions to improve it.

the best for everyone

Well i did come up with a melee design for advanced melee.

And apart from 1 or 2 people who actually took it seriously enough to post constructive crits. Everyone else didnt really have any actuall crits to it. They all just "liked it"

And that was about 5 people who even bothered to read it fully.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
His post doesn't say anything new. I've made similar posts in the past, as have others. This thread is a mish mash of everything we've typed over the years, and he's pretending he can see through the darkness to a better future. As a beta tester, he's privvy to information that most others aren't aware of. Why is it that I have more information regarding the future of ESF in terms of gameplay than he does, despite both of us being testers and having access to the same exact information? It's because he doesn't care. He wants this done his way at any cost, and frankly, I'm tired of it.
stop letting your imaginations run wild and you wouldn't be so tired after trying to keep up with them...

There is nothing wrong with asking Esf makers to focus on the melee(meat) aspect of esf.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
stop letting your imaginations run wild and you wouldn't be so tired after trying to keep up with them...

There is nothing wrong with asking Esf makers to focus on the melee(meat) aspect of esf.
And you think we arnt?

You who never had to sit through the 4 hour meetings just because we were discussing melee. I was there so i know what discussing melee is about.

We turn the idea inside out, focusing on it from all possible angles. We do that for each feature of the melee design we are discussing. Trust me when i say that me and ready are one of the main 2 people who turn all the melee ideas we are discussing inside out for usefulness and effectiveness.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

They already are focusing on melee. If you have questions, if you have worries, ask the devs or beta testers to address them. Posting what we've been saying for years doesn't help anyone.

Best answers
grega: yeah.. but its normal. people want things ready for use, they dont wanna put any kind of work on. So, if 5 people of 100 post constructive critics, its enough because these 5 guys actually read it and thought about it the others just want it ready to use.

the whole team have do think about one system, design it and discuss about it, so create a thread to improve it. Almost all the community will help! i think :p

Btw. let the advd melee the last thing to do. finish all the others stuff, this system is too complex so it demand time and exclusive work.

Best answers
On the bright side .. we're working on improving simple melee right now.
I won't go into details but we're somewhat back to the basics and ESF is finally fun to play again
Basics of esf? Meaning back to 1.1 or older? That little detail you should be able to give up ;)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The most ideeas posted on the forum realy dosen not add anything new to the game, preaty much most of the ideeas ar usless.Take the ideea of Ground melee why do we need ground melee when we could use only one melee.It dose not add anything new.And most of the ideeas ar the same , or they preaty much add someting that we will probabli only use once

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if we look at the new dbz game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUMWXpJeVuA

now then,, does ground melee capability look so useless ??

if esf could capture this sort of gameplay AND Esf's freedom.. u'll have one badass game
That's Burst Limit, not ESF. While it might work in Burst Limit, there's no guarantee that it will work in ESF.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if we look at the new dbz game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUMWXpJeVuA

now then,, does ground melee capability look so useless ??

if esf could capture this sort of gameplay AND Esf's freedom.. u'll have one badass game
Dude. For the last time. Stop comparing ESF to 2D fighting style games. There is no way in hell you would be able to pull off good ground melee in a freeroaming enviroment where there are more then 2 people present. ESF is not a 2D fighter type. Its a 3D FPS/TPS type.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's Burst Limit, not ESF. While it might work in Burst Limit, there's no guarantee that it will work in ESF.
It's also a 2D fighter. Not exactly similar to ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i believe its possible ive already figured out a way to get that type of melee into esf while keeping it free roaming. *currentlY* worxing out the movement..

also.. as for the grounds +glitchy/unsmooth surfaces..

isn't it possible to make the ground walk-through-able? meaning i could go through the ground..

then apply a "invisible smooth" surface under the visible map's ground and walla you have the potential for this kind of gameplay.

Dude. For the last time. Stop comparing ESF to 2D fighting style games. There is no way in hell you would be able to pull off good ground melee in a freeroaming enviroment where there are more then 2 people present. ESF is not a 2D fighter type. Its a 3D FPS/TPS type.
You seem to believe its impossible and maybe thats why you think i shouldn't compare the two??

I believe it is possible and I'm not going to limit the possibilities..

Last edited:
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oki Jinx do you realy know what is 3D or 2 D ?
I realy don't wan't to explain if you don't want to understand

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i believe its possible ive already figured out a way to get that type of melee into esf while keeping it free roaming. *currentlY* worxing out the movement..

also.. as for the grounds +glitchy/unsmooth surfaces..

isn't it possible to make the ground walk-through-able? meaning i could go through the ground..

then apply a "invisible smooth" surface under the visible map's ground and walla you have the potential for this kind of gameplay.

You seem to believe its impossible and maybe thats why you think i shouldn't compare the two??

I believe it is possible and I'm not going to limit the possibilities..

Lets see. Moving through the ground just so that the movement is a smooth surface. Real nice. That would make mapping different things pointless alltogether or if youd only be able to do it only with the ground melee option youd get stuck below ground after it finishes. Really great.

And i never said its not possible. I just said it would work ****ty. What are the difference bewean a 2D fighter game based on DBZ and ESF.

First movement. In ESF you have freeroaming movement extending in all 3 dimensions turning any way you want and any time you want with movement relevant to nithing more but where you are looking at. In a 2D fighter type game the movement is allways relative to the oponent. You can allways move only in a 2D way. You can not just turn round and go the other way when you feel like it.

Second players. Thats right In ESF you have multiple people to look out for. Not to mention beam attacks flying round the place. In a 2D fighter type you have 1 oponent. And absolutly no danger to your rear side.

Thirdly terrain. In ESF you have terrain that varies quite a bit. In 2D fighter types the terrain is allways flat. the graphics may decieve you a bit but you are allways standing on a flat plate.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Lets see. Moving through the ground just so that the movement is a smooth surface. Real nice. That would make mapping different things pointless alltogether or if youd only be able to do it only with the ground melee option youd get stuck below ground after it finishes. Really great.

Huh?? I was reffering to "esf's Terrain" make it so players can go through the "glitched, but pretty Looking terrain" then place an invisible smooth terrain underneath it

And i never said its not possible. I just said it would work ****ty. What are the difference bewean a 2D fighter game based on DBZ and ESF.

I know the dif

First movement. In ESF you have freeroaming movement extending in all 3 dimensions turning any way you want and any time you want with movement relevant to nithing more but where you are looking at. In a 2D fighter type game the movement is allways relative to the oponent. You can allways move only in a 2D way. You can not just turn round and go the other way when you feel like it.

we all know this..

Second players. Thats right In ESF you have multiple people to look out for. Not to mention beam attacks flying round the place. In a 2D fighter type you have 1 oponent. And absolutly no danger to your rear side.

Yea we know this too

Thirdly terrain. In ESF you have terrain that varies quite a bit. In 2D fighter types the terrain is allways flat. the graphics may decieve you a bit but you are allways standing on a flat plate.
Which is why I said.. make it so players can go through the map's terrain.. then place an invisible SMOOOOOOOOTH terrain underneath it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What started as a "friendly compliant" has turn into VideoJinx claiming to know what's best for ESF... yet again.

VideoJinx, just let the team do their job.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Mc, it would be nice if you would stop instigating* or making false claims ty..

I'm suggesting adding ground melee and to have the team focus on w/e melee system in the works..

My last post includes how a smooth terrain could be added

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mc, it would be nice if you would stop instigating* or making false claims ty..

I'm suggesting adding ground melee and to have the team focus on w/e melee system in the works..

My last post includes how a smooth terrain could be added
False claims you say? No, you're just not making the right impression. While I can't speak for everyone else, you give me the impression that you know what's best for ESF and that your suggestions are flawless. Which is why you dismiss everyone that disagrees with you and is unable to take criticism.

But that's just how I see it.

Anyway, what the hell is ground melee? What difference does it make whether melee is being engaged on the ground or in the air? And how will this improve ESF's melee system or ESF as a whole?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it basically shows how you want to get around the established norm for maps, just make a broken idea 'work'.

It would add too much work to code and / or mapping, and the end result will look stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom