A few unanswered questions...

Best answers
Hello,

I used to play ESF a long time ago, the first versions :)
I must say, it gave me alot of pleasure, i sort of stumbled on an old cd where the 1.1 files where still present..
I couldnt help my self and installed it for good 'ol times :p

Now i searched i-net for bugfixes and such... now i found that they are still working big time on esf!! :shocked:
I respect that :) very good job the creaters are doing there and keep it up ;)

Oh yeah, i'd like to try the new 1.2.3. esf... i have a valid HL... but i gave code away to a friend since i have dial up so i-net games run badly on my pc :p

but i was browsing around and i found that people are making a mod to play offline and on LAN's .... its called BTL right?
So is this the only way to try this newer version ? Cuz im more than willing to wait for it ^^ . The screens look awesome and things i read about it.

Oh and uh... you must get sick of these posts, so my apologies, but i cant search long on forums cuz of the phoneline :rolleyes:

Good luck guys and dont work too hard ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zjorro said:
Hello,

I used to play ESF a long time ago, the first versions :)
I must say, it gave me alot of pleasure, i sort of stumbled on an old cd where the 1.1 files where still present..
I couldnt help my self and installed it for good 'ol times :p

Now i searched i-net for bugfixes and such... now i found that they are still working big time on esf!! :shocked:
I respect that :) very good job the creaters are doing there and keep it up ;)

Oh yeah, i'd like to try the new 1.2.3. esf... i have a valid HL... but i gave code away to a friend since i have dial up so i-net games run badly on my pc :p

but i was browsing around and i found that people are making a mod to play offline and on LAN's .... its called BTL right?
So is this the only way to try this newer version ? Cuz im more than willing to wait for it ^^ . The screens look awesome and things i read about it.

Oh and uh... you must get sick of these posts, so my apologies, but i cant search long on forums cuz of the phoneline :rolleyes:

Good luck guys and dont work too hard ;)
I think you searched wrong there. BTL is as online as ESF.

Anyhow for ESf modifications refer to this sticky -> http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=37175

Best answers
uh...really ???

well, then you have no idea of how confused i am right now o_O

Break The Limit is a multiplayer modification for the game Earth’s Special Forces, which itself is a mod for Half-Life. It can be played online against other players or offline against bots or on a LAN (Local Area Network). BTL aims to take ESF one step further in both terms of content and gameplay mechanics; featuring an extended cast of characters (double ESF’s current roster), transformations and over 70 attacks, as well as new features such as Hypermode, enhanced swooping, a combo bar system and everyones favorite, Fusion.
Get my point? o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe BTL isn't released yet, because it's still in development.

However, like I said, people are working on it, so it should be released.. some day.

Best answers
Yes i have read that they are still busy with the release of BTL...

My question hasnt been answered directly, but i kinda figure i just have to wait for btl to come out i guess...

for now ill play a bit of oblivion, WoW, Guildwars perhaps... but mostly.. i gotto study -_-

thx guys, topic may close now ^^ ( i mean i dont mind if it were :p )

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need half-life installed on your computer to play. You need ESF to play BTL. You need the internet to play online. You don't need an internet to play offline with bots. You need to smack your friend up-side the head and tell him/her you want your cd-key back. If you have HL installed into STEAM you have nothing to worry about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OR you can hack onti his steam acount and download Half Life through that steam acount and then just maky your own acount and then play, but that's illegal, sorry my bad. Oh and that's just a silly idea, I too have dial-up, so I know the speed you crave, it took me 3 days to redownload HalfLife after my pc format...o_Oo_O

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
OR you can hack onti his steam acount and download Half Life through that steam acount and then just maky your own acount and then play, but that's illegal, sorry my bad. Oh and that's just a silly idea, I too have dial-up, so I know the speed you crave, it took me 3 days to redownload HalfLife after my pc format...o_Oo_O
You guessed it its illegal.

Besides it wouldnt work. Since important CD-key verifications are missing with the new account.

Basicly youst beat his ass up if he dosent give you name and pass :p J/K (dont want "Mr.Thompson" getting another idea >.<)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom