A FEW THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE A BIG CHANGE

Best answers
i've been playing bid for power a long time since i started esf, and i think i have some pretty good ideas to mage the gameplay a lot more fluid:

melee should be a special button, and not an attack. I understand why someone blasts away when you swoop at him, but why do they blast to hell when you are just standing there and melee?

Personally, i think that the game should be as fast as bid for power, and the swooping should be removed. Why? Because it's just a simple ki burn (turbo) flight, only a bit faster.

My idea is this:

while holding down the melee button, primary and secondary attack will be used as punch and kick. While close to the enemy, you would just throw a punch, kick, or a simple combo while clicking (sth like ONI).
If the opponent blocks, he gets to strike back, then if you block, you strike back again. If nobody hits each other in 10 sec, then they flare up their auras, and then the esf team's advanced melee kicks in.

as i said, i would remove swooping, and do this:

while dashing or flying towards the enemy in turbo, just pressing melee would blast him away, pressing melee+primary would throw a series of punches, and melee+secondary a throw.

in order to make this right, you would have to speed up the game to a bid for power level

Best answers
I'm with you there. Anything that can make the game more like the show would be cool, inculding speeding up the melee and adding some eye candy techniques

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How would removing swooping and smashing make the game more like the show? You can speed up the melee all you want in 1.2 with cvars.

Besides, who is going to sit there for 10 seconds to activate advanced melee?

I'm just not feeling this idea. Perhaps you should play 1.2 (all of the new melee suggestion people) before you continue pelting the team with new systems. They've put enough work into 1.2 now that they aren't going to turn everything inside out unless everyone unanimously hates it after it is released. People give it time.

Best answers
I saw the video for Advanced Melee and I thought it was great. I play a lot of ESF and I think that everything they're doing is for the best. Most of the sugguestions posted here probally wont make it to the game because a lot of it is unrealistic and to hard to make but it's cool to talk about "what if".

Best answers
first of all, i didn't say i would remove swooping.
I would remove it as an ATTACK and make it a turbo flight, as it is in fact.
Smashing would be an option.
OK, maybe i went a bit too far with the 10 sec wait, but i think that the 2-4 hit combos oni-style could be done.
PS what is cvars?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the way 1.2 is gonna be maby faster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom