a few questions before getting ESF

Best answers
hey, i would just like to no a few things before i go out and get a copy of hl tomorrow.

1. im a australian resident, are there servers i can play on with a reasonable/playable ping (also what is a playable ping for ESF)

2. does ESF crash much? (i played ESF back in 2004 at lans and it use to crash for no reason)

3. i have a second computer lanned without a internet connection, will i be able 2 lan ESF on them without steam installed on the internetless computer and will i be able to play if they both are using the same copy of hl.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Ask RandyHobo. He's Australian, and he can hook you up with some aussie servers.
2. Well.. it depends on your system, but I'm gonna say no.
3. Yes, but its hard work. You need to somehow get Steam on the 2nd computer, and go into Offline mode. From there, you host a server on whatever computer you wish, and you join! Then, if it tells you to login again, you login again. And, you keep trying until you get into the game. Otherwise, no.

Best answers
cool 1 more:

in steam when i request servers, will i get a full server list, or do i have 2 download extra files for some servers

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
1. Ask RandyHobo. He's Australian, and he can hook you up with some aussie servers.
2. Well.. it depends on your system, but I'm gonna say no.
3. Yes, but its hard work. You need to somehow get Steam on the 2nd computer, and go into Offline mode. From there, you host a server on whatever computer you wish, and you join! Then, if it tells you to login again, you login again. And, you keep trying until you get into the game. Otherwise, no.
I BETTER GET SOME SPARE CHANGE!!!!

Correct. The only current Australian server in existence is ptgn (people gaming telecom network) server. There's also people who will sometimes make tehre own listen servers & another server is still in question at the moment that was supposedly being put up by members of the old LWR clan.

Depending on your location & net speed, you can get a ping of around 20 - 50 or a little higher (I myself get pnig of average 20 - 40 at most times, I play at a net cafe due to dial up at home :*(). Before you go and staret playying online though please take a look at the flash guide at http://esf-world.com & get a bit of practice with the bots, everyone online will be able to kick your ass at first but with a bit of training you could stand up to all of us ;).

ESF is more stable in the current release (1.2.3) then it was in any past version or any unpatched version of 1.2. If it was won you were playying on that could be the answer since won is very buggy with esf as it was more intended for use with steam.

Before you install esf take a look at this guide aswell as there is a little known issue that a lot of new people ask here a lot, and the answer is in here.

Now it's time to hand over the spare change, my tech support isn't free >: (.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom