A few minor suggestions.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Alright, I'm gonna give a few small, easily implemented suggestions that fell into my mind while I was playing ESF 1.1, and I think they'd make the game more fast-paced and more interesting.

1. Faster swooping. The current swooping is way too slow. Try putting it to 1.1's speed and see if people like it, I think they will.

2. White-static teleporting. For me at least, it gives a stronger feeling of speed when I see the white static when someone teleports. The after-image doesn't really work, though that could be only my opinion. Still worth mentioning, though.

3. No teleporting limit. I don't know if this was already implemented, but if it isn't, it needs to be. I remember in 1.1 you could teleport across the map in less than a second if you had a full ki pool. That was such an awesome feeling, and removing that made the game much, much slower.

4. Swoop trails. While this won't actually make the game more fast-paced, I don't see why they were ever removed, and they definitely gave a more realistic feel to the game.

That's it. Opinions anyone?

EDIT: Just wanna say I don't wanna turn the game back into 1.1, I like what the team is doing with the game mostly, and I'm interested in the new melee system. But a few recycled options such as these I think will benefit the game a lot.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
1. wait for the next open beta
2. afterimage is fine. we could probably add some effect to it when the fx script sys is available
3. the limit is gone for a long time already but drains stamina if you teleport too rapidly.
4. been in esf again since a year or so...

did you even try the open beta before suggesting stuff?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I didn't download the latest one, but I didn't notice swoop trails from the version, say, from September. I kinda thought that the teleporting limit is gone, but I wasn't sure.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swooping is slow?? compare it to ecx and tou see what slow is. And I like the swoop trails, they are a good aye candy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
even ecx is slow compared to ESF 1.1, snowm@n.

EDIT: Just wanna say I don't wanna turn the game back into 1.1, I like what the team is doing with the game mostly, and I'm interested in the new melee system. But a few recycled options such as these I think will benefit the game a lot.
hell. i'd rather just take the models, attacks, and new characters, add them to the old version, then release 1.1 as the OFFICIAL 1.3

at least we'd know it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom