A Few Backgrounds

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i made these ones a while ago , iv'e been meaning to bother to show them off , their dbz backgrounds

critz and comments are welcome , i created most of these with screen shots from dvd's & photoimpact touches with a little bit of photoshop aswell

now don't claim these as your own backgrounds anywhere else on the next (if you do i will hunt you down , it's not that hard :p) i have some more , but i will show them off later

edit : awwww heck , if i can be bothered (which i most likely will have to do anyway , i will go put them up on some webhost , sorry for the photobucket hosted small pics , consider this your little sneak peak)

UPDATE : here they are , i finally got around to uploading them , enjoy

http://www.geocities.com/saiyanoverlord/ssjbroly_ligthning.bmp
http://www.geocities.com/saiyanoverlord/gokussj_vs_metacooler2.bmp
http://www.geocities.com/saiyanoverlord/gokukk423.bmp
http://www.geocities.com/saiyanoverlord/brolly_emotion.bmp
http://www.geocities.com/saiyanoverlord/Goku_solar.bmp

Best answers
hmm...well.....I have 2 be honest whit joo...they dont look that good....just some effects....try getting some brushes....and run wild on the page =p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh fish sticks , wait till u see what they look like as backgrounds , the old sayying "don't judge a book by it's cover" comes in handy at times :) they do make the icons (some of them) stick out thou in a nice sorta way , and i do have some more bgs i am yet still to show

i think i may have butchered the kaioken bg a little bit thou , i might get my other version up , to be honest i created a whole load of differ version of some of my backgrounds , i wanted to try and capture some of dbz's moments in a good style, sorta blending in with the emotion and such of a trans or something else

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
the old sayying "don't judge a book by it's cover" comes in handy at times :)
But we're kinda judging the cover, not the book. =x

They don't really do much for me, The screenshots are nice, but really saying you made them after adding a lens flare and some cloud or lightning effects isn't really that great.

But you gotta start somewhere, like Goku said, try some brushes for different layers. And use your spacing, use multiple pieces of different pictures in a background to add balance and give it substance.

Best answers
u...nice ideea...still that 3rd bg.....looks like goku is in boiling lava.....still try making a bg out of brushes and then blend some images cuz just some images blended and filterd...well it will be nice but brushes give the wallpaper a different aspect...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since my photoshop skills are crap , i think i might enroll in a tafe course , smokers like me find it hard toi learn new things , so we have to find a "learn as u can" sorta thing

i lost my copy of photoimpact 6 (it came with a magizine disc , and heck i have to find something like that opn the net if i can never find that disc) atm , i use cs , but i preferred 7 for some reason , dunno , maybe coz i familarized myself with it a bit more , but the new cs features seem a little easier to me on some things , once i upload them , tell me your view on what they look like from a desktop point of view , i mean they look nice and such , i will get them up later , could any1 give me a good host for images , i wanna host em has pngs , heck jpegs lag as backgrounds

Best answers
Kama said:
They don't really do much for me, The screenshots are nice, but really saying you made them after adding a lens flare and some cloud or lightning effects isn't really that great.

But you gotta start somewhere, like Goku said, try some brushes for different layers. And use your spacing, use multiple pieces of different pictures in a background to add balance and give it substance.
Ill have to agree with kama overlord,
They are good but as kama said get some brushes but see what else you can find when ya get ya adsl get a photoshop CS trial and start doing stuff with that you,ll be surprised how good you can get in just a few days of mucking around :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i already got photoshop cs......

oh well , i guess this isn't to bad , i made these ages ago , but still , some are quite nice (the silver haired brolly ones is probably my best) i wanted to xapture the feeling of what was going on really)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The second one is too small to even know what is going on.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The last one dosent look that bad. Sure its just a few effects and a pic of Goku, but it all blends together pretty well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All you did was apply some filters and a few light sources...

Best answers
AAAAAAHHH......have you got some kind of evil plan to take over the world with hideous wallpapers? omg....you must have joined the dark-side...AAAAAAHHH

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i did better my first try in photoshop...

most horrible things i have ever seen.

its a nazi conspiracy! die saiyan o!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , atleast they capture the emotion of what is going on , they are up now , on the non-skill side tell me what you think they look like as a desktop bg

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't use BMP's, they're huge in size, and rape your bandwidth in only a few views.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Don't use BMP's, they're huge in size, and rape your bandwidth in only a few views.
i was to lasy , i put them as links thou so they wouldn't load in thjis thread , and besides if i amde them a jpg i would loose quality and sometimes you can actually loose performance if you set a jpg as a wallpaper (see my delemur ? there not to bad anyway , most of you have fast net anyway , but it's up to you whether you view them or not or set them as ur desktop)

but as i said before in my last post in this thread , tell me what you think

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i like them... but they´re abit over lapped.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , atleast some1 appricates my work (the point of the matter is regardless of skills , i wanted to capture what was going on)

iv'e go some more , i will put them on my usb stick next time and come to this cafe and upload em

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont think criticism is unappriciative. Criticism is the most valuble thing to any artist of any craft, as it will only help them improve.

I'll be completely honest with you, the wallpapers look... bad i hate to say it :(. Filters + Lense Flare + bad image quality = bad joo joo! The only one i can say is okay is the kiaoken goku, the picture isnt too gareish for a wallpaper, its not to complex, and it has a nice focus, and the image quality isnt that bad, although it could be improved upon. First of all you have to decide, is what the focal point of your wallpaper is going to be. For most people that'll be either in the center or the right as they like their icons on the left, however if you know what you're doing you can put your focal point anywhere you wish (cept in obvious stupid places like edges :p). By focal point i mean whatever you do in your wall paper, it must lead the eye to that point, weather it be a stock picture, or how the textures/brushes you use lead your eye to that point. That brings me to my second point, brushes are very useful, if you dont know how to use them, google photoshop brush tutorials or something, as it will be one of the most valuble tools in photoshop you will use. The image quality of your pics so far isnt too great, for a start some of the edges in the cut outs could be improved, if it means zooming in and deleting pixel by pixel, do it. There's things you can do with bad quality stock too, you can change the brightness/contrast, or you can duplicate it and blend the image over the top in different ways, sometimes its nice to duplicate the stock, blur the original stock layer and then put the copy on multiply or screen. Filters are okay when used correctly, make a point of not letting the program do your work for you, you control it, a filter is a tool, not a magical button that produces works of art. Just play about and experiment, there is little limit to the things you can do in photoshop, just take your time and get used to it. I hope you learn something from my critique's/advice =0.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh well , i guesss so dave , imo , i thought that brolly_emotion one looked the best to me , it looks like the best bg i made and played with

expect more , i think i am gonna enroll for a tafe course rather then read the net for guides , as i would feel more comfy with instruction rahter then reading atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom