A DBZ MMORPG - Wouldnt that be neat?

Best answers
The name is self explanitory... just think about the possibilities.

THIS IS NOT REAL, DON'T THINK THIS IS COMING OUT WHEN YOU READ THIS, IT'S JUST BRAINSTORMING FOR FUN!

First off..

1) A totally new, unique engine - The world is huge, even flying at SSJ4 speeds it would take hours to reach the end, and even then it would just lead you to where you started off (A sphere shapped map). If you did this, you'd pass cities on the way (All completley destructable...) Forests, mountains.. mountain labs (dr gero type stuff.. where u could like make ur own androids that would run off AI) when you power up and you have a bs'ingly high powerlevel the ground shakes and cracks open.

2) Races you can choose from - You could choose from saiyans (obviously), humans, What ever frieza's and coolers race was, and all the races u see from dbz (each with transformations, except human, they just have power ups and speed ups)

3) Attacks and such The more powerful you get, the bigger you can charge up your attacks. (Duh, and an up to date engine.. imagin the sprites.. :cry: ). If you shoot it threw water, the water flys up around your attack (for example like when goku was training at roshi's house and the water was flyin everywhere) You can instant transmission across the world by locking onto a characters powerlevel.

4) Other neat stuff - Different climates, in the north theres snow, in the far south there would be snow. Deserts, rain forests, northern pine tree forests, mountains, oceans - you name it. (imagin all the animatins u could do with the hair and clothes and stuff to) You can get scouters, and if the person ur scanning its way strong and he powers up to fast, ur scouter will break :cool: ...

Anyone else wanna add anything to my dream game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you pay $20 a month to play a game that is pretty much exactly the same as ESF? That's really what your describing except for the graphics.. and you would need a beast of a computer to run it, especially assuming you want to have huge fights going on at the same time.

It's just not a good idea.

Best answers
thats not really like esf...

esf doesnt really have any of that stuff : \ except the choose characters and fighting.

Best answers
Wrong, hes not talking about ESF. Ive been part of beta testing of about 24 MMORPG's for 8 years or so, so let me get down to what I think about the idea.

1) A totally new, unique engine - The world is huge, even flying at SSJ4 speeds it would take hours to reach the end, and even then it would just lead you to where you started off (A sphere shapped map). If you did this, you'd pass cities on the way (All completley destructable...) Forests, mountains.. mountain labs (dr gero type stuff.. where u could like make ur own androids that would run off AI) when you power up and you have a bs'ingly high powerlevel the ground shakes and cracks open.

Destrutable is a bad thing in a MMORPG. Every time an idea like that was brought up, everyone would shutter at the world in a month later.. (Nothing left of it). You could have respawning of the world, but thats not much better, realisticly, and the fact that youd lag to no end.

2) Races you can choose from - You could choose from saiyans (obviously), humans, What ever frieza's and coolers race was, and all the races u see from dbz (each with transformations, except human, they just have power ups and speed ups)

Now as for these, you have to remember balancing of racial abilities. Unfortunetly, its best to have diverse races, and that isnt going to happen here. (Your all fighting races) This point isnt too strong I am sure, but let me move on

3) Attacks and such The more powerful you get, the bigger you can charge up your attacks. (Duh, and an up to date engine.. imagin the sprites.. ). If you shoot it threw water, the water flys up around your attack (for example like when goku was training at roshi's house and the water was flyin everywhere) You can instant transmission across the world by locking onto a characters powerlevel.

What exactly are you dreaming about - NPC's and PC's? Or just Player versus Player? In a MMORPG, the entire world must be able to survive partly without players.

4) Other neat stuff - Different climates, in the north theres snow, in the far south there would be snow. Deserts, rain forests, northern pine tree forests, mountains, oceans - you name it. (imagin all the animatins u could do with the hair and clothes and stuff to) You can get scouters, and if the person ur scanning its way strong and he powers up to fast, ur scouter will break ...

Well, im going to conclude as its not the worst idea for a MMORPG ive heard (I heard someone suggest a Hitman MMORPG.. yeah thats right, based off the HITMAN GAME SERIES), but this one isnt really up there either. Its pretty interesting, the only big no-no is the range in difference between your fellow players. You need to have a setting and form of playstyle that will allow players to have diversity in the job they want. In this case, your forced to be a player fighting others (players or NPC's, I don't know). MMORPG's are a bit bigger then this.

My closing statement is, I don't know.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh..

I thought about this a few days ago.

It's interesting, but if you made it as close to the show as possible (And not include any GT crap),

SSJ1 Gotenks was able to go across the world many times in only a few minutes.

It'd be an interesting idea, but seeing as how DBZ is dropping in popularity in the US as it is over, I doubt they could develop a MMORG, and have it be a huge hit by the time it came out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
which is why they need to start developing a naruto mmorpg by the time its completed naruto will be licenced and popular here! \o\

Best answers
An MMORPG needs NPC's and Quests. What you suggested is closer to a simulation than an MMORPG.
And i cant think a way to implement those in a DBZ world.

KyoKusanagi

K
This game if ever made would end up a whole heck of alot like Fung Wan Online - damn i miss the days when that game was free.

Retired
Best answers
yeah naruto MMORPG would be better, since a DBZ one is too massive..the powers in DBZ can basically destroy the world, as for naruto, the powers are much more limited, which prevents total chaos.

also I bet everybody will take saiyans as a class race, so balancing is definitely needed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree about that there can better be no dbz mmorpg.
but i like a street fighter mmorpg better(for free ofcorce, i'm not going to pay on my own pc.)
you know, you begin like a little guy and the more tecnic's you leurn and older you get, the stronger you are.
and then there are just some city's but for the most time you're in nature and in the mountian's.
and you can choose if you're a girl or a boy, like when you choose a girl you have a change that you make a chun-li.
or a boy in ryu or ken masters, or(if you get evil) in vega or bison(for bison you have to be extremly strong).
i think that street fighter fans likes this idea, i hope.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would be pretty neat, but liek all MMORPG's (almost all) u need to pay alot for them a month, and i dont do that....like ragnarok, i like the game except the paying

maybe u could assemble a big team and make a total conversion for Freelancer =P it has huge maps, a good engine, should be able to do =P

Best answers
Lol a freelancer tc thats insane :laff: But if you think about it... :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it could be possible, since those space maps are HUGE try flying without tradelines from 1 side to the other....takes alot of time (with cruise)...and it is able to make mods for Freelancer since other ppl also make mods for the game (like being able to fly in those huge cargo trains, and 20 new ships (including nomad ships))

Would be some wicked idea hehe

Best answers
Alright, ... have any of you watched DBZ? like come on, this idea is totally possible. It would take months to balance properly..but with the destructable maps... it works think about it, ...

Dragonballs.

You and your party find the dragonballs and wish the 'world' back to its original ...way. Like everything be put back up like buildings, mountains and such, and dead NPC's

in the world ud have random humans driving around in cars and what not, and theyd all be wished back as well....

I dont understand how this could not be an amazing game lol

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've watch it all and already see some prob.
how is the melee, what is the strengt limit, how is the world look like, how fast can you go, i can continu.
there must be some limit's in the power, becours ssj4 isn't in dbz you know and btw, then vegeta has to go to ssj3.............. :] .......... :) ........ :D ..........ey good idea.
an ssj3 vegeta, ssj3 gohan, ssj3 goten, ssj3 trunks and some more things.
only then you can not choose thows chars but you can create your own one, ok forget what i said first.............i like it :D

Best answers
hmmm DBZ TC in Freelancer..... huge map~~~ yup!
Flying around alot~~~ yup
Mass multiplayer~~~ 1/2 yup
still~~~~~~~~
NARUTO MMORPG SOUNDS WAY BETTER!!!!:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think what you want is a much bigger version of ESF...using the UT2k4 engine's abilities.

That'd be plenty for me!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought about something like this a couple of days ago. Instead of it being online though, I thought it should be a single player game and would work exactly like star wars knights of the old republic worked (except the fighting would be a lot better... Something similar to esf ). Anyway, you could be able to pick your race, what your character looks like, and define how good/evil your character is as you progress through the game. You could make maps as big as you want this way since it would be single player (you could have it load the map as you enter a different area) and hell, its single player maybe even throw in some destroyable terrain. The terrain/people that died could be wished back (would gain you good points or something). A game like that would be cool as hell imo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the MMO idea...every week or so, a player could be suddenly summoned by King Kai to get the dragonballs as a quest. it would happen to several of them at once and once a certain amoutn accepted the quest (which would drop MAD xp), the world would actually be reset every week without a problem.

Best answers
Ya, I see what you're saying SaiyanPride...

Not just the player, but the play and all of the people he's party'd to.

(something you could make a clan out of, ur always in a party together - allies)

And you find them.. and what not and you can wis hfor things like

Strength (that would be impossible to hoe it because ... theyd be spread out across the world it would take forever to find)
Speed (same thing)
Renew the earth (fix all destructed stuff)

mmm.. dunno...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom