A DBZ MMORPG - Wouldnt that be neat?

Best answers
Son|Gohan said:
The name is self explanitory... just think about the possibilities.

THIS IS NOT REAL, DON'T THINK THIS IS COMING OUT WHEN YOU READ THIS, IT'S JUST BRAINSTORMING FOR FUN!

First off..

1) A totally new, unique engine - The world is huge, even flying at SSJ4 speeds it would take hours to reach the end, and even then it would just lead you to where you started off (A sphere shapped map). If you did this, you'd pass cities on the way (All completley destructable...) Forests, mountains.. mountain labs (dr gero type stuff.. where u could like make ur own androids that would run off AI) when you power up and you have a bs'ingly high powerlevel the ground shakes and cracks open.

2) Races you can choose from - You could choose from saiyans (obviously), humans, What ever frieza's and coolers race was, and all the races u see from dbz (each with transformations, except human, they just have power ups and speed ups)

3) Attacks and such The more powerful you get, the bigger you can charge up your attacks. (Duh, and an up to date engine.. imagin the sprites.. :cry: ). If you shoot it threw water, the water flys up around your attack (for example like when goku was training at roshi's house and the water was flyin everywhere) You can instant transmission across the world by locking onto a characters powerlevel.

4) Other neat stuff - Different climates, in the north theres snow, in the far south there would be snow. Deserts, rain forests, northern pine tree forests, mountains, oceans - you name it. (imagin all the animatins u could do with the hair and clothes and stuff to) You can get scouters, and if the person ur scanning its way strong and he powers up to fast, ur scouter will break :cool: ...

Anyone else wanna add anything to my dream game?
Yeah sorry:

1: NO!

2: NO NO! :D

3: il NEVER pay money each month for a game, its insane! :\

Best answers
Thats not the point of the thread super bolt... the point is to dream about what a MMORPG dbz game would be like with modern graphics :D

Best answers
I've thought of this years ago when I played UO and saw UO:2 comin out... Just make a mod of DBZ for Soldner: Secret Wars and you get destructable terrain, tree's and buildings.

Best answers
heh. ya... i just wish i had a geni and i'd wish for a DBZ MMORPG of my dreams :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Vegeta said:
Yeah sorry:

1: NO!

2: NO NO! :D

3: il NEVER pay money each month for a game, its insane! :\
You don't pay for the games. You pay for the constant updates and maintenance of the world.

Somebody must not be old enough to get his working papers yet. heheh.

In any case, I still don't think DBZ would work as an MMO. It would work really well as a highly advanced engine mod though.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Cenax said:
Now as for these, you have to remember balancing of racial abilities. Unfortunetly, its best to have diverse races, and that isnt going to happen here. (Your all fighting races) This point isnt too strong I am sure, but let me move on
Actually..

Icers (Frieaza's Species): Born super strong + the ability to transform but useless at using machinery and learning techniques - Frieza only knew two real techniques.

Saiyans: Born above average but not incredibly strong at birth, must gain the ability to transform - I had this rage idea for it but wont go into that here - good at learning techniques but still pretty bad at using technology.

Namekians: Come in two varieties, warrior and healer. Warriors can heal themselves after time, are very competent at making and learning techniques, and are born quite strong, however they aren't best-suited to using technology. Healers are weak fighters but can heal others from a very young age, they are better suited to using technology and hanging back during a fight. Both classes are adept at conjuring weapons and clothing along with telekinetic powers.

Humans: Middle of the road, better at learning techniques than the others but also good at using machinery and creating devices. They can also master magic and most other skills.

Truffles (The race that lived with the Saiyans): Very weak but incredibly talented with machinery, they can master any skill apart from magic which is near impossible for them to learn.

Thats all I can remember now race-wise.. My idea - and I've had this whole thing cooking in my head for years - was the greatest DBZ MUD ever created. You could ask me about any part of it, I loved thinking stuff up when I was meant to be doing homework. :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Son|Gohan said:
Alright, ... have any of you watched DBZ? like come on, this idea is totally possible. It would take months to balance properly..but with the destructable maps... it works think about it, ...
Months? balancing maybe, but what do u think of creating the rest of teh game, u would be working (if u have a team of like 50 people) like 5 years on stuff like that, u need alot of money to buy stuff too (in that 5 years, pc's will break down, u need to buy modeling programs for modelers if they dont have them yet (like 3dsm), u need to find a way to get in contact with all 50 workers at the same time (a meeting place) since u wont do this over MSN or AIM or sumthing...)

About NPC quests and stuff, u just make ppl in a city (or somewhere outside) that need help with like....finding mushrooms and they will pay you for it, or killing some dinosaurs and then you get .....more money

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think thats just a web based game...not like we mean...we mean more like things like
Everquest, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI etc...

Best answers
ya i was thinking... alot like World of Warcraft, but even better 3d rendering graphics :D ... i think planet side would be a good example

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom