A DBZ Fan fic - Goku's wish the return of Broly

Best answers
Hey guys. Been working on the first chapter of my first DBZ Fan fic.

Its only chapter 1 for now, hope you enjoy.

The Return of Broly

Chapter 1 – Goku's Wish

Its been two years since Goku left to train Uub. Earth has been at peace for over five years, yet on this one starry night Goku sat looking up at the night sky, deep in thought with a sad expression on his face.

“Goku?” a voice called. Goku turned slightly to see his pupil, Uub, walking towards him. “Are you alright Goku?” Uub asked in a concerned voice? “Oh yeah I'm fine Uub. Just thinking about someone...” “Your wife?” Uub asked. “No. I was thinking about a man I fought and killed many years ago. That man was the strongest, most powerful opponent I had ever faced.” Goku said. Goku sighed deeply and continued to look at the night sky. “Who was it Goku? Who is this man?” Uub asked, curiosity getting to him.

“Well Uub, its a long story. It all happened when we were training for the Cell Games.” Goku motioned for Uub to take a seat indicating that this was going to be a long story. “Everyone had finished their training and a lot of the gang had decided to go to a local park to enjoy themselves. During their event a spaceship landed in the middle of the park. That spaceship belonged to a Saiyan by the name of Paragus. Paragus had come to Earth in search of Vegeta, claiming that the Saiyan race would be reborn and had come to beg for Vegeta to become their king.” Uub quizzically looked at Goku and said “King?” “Yeah, Vegeta is the prince of Saiyan's. He doesn't seem to care much about it now though.” Goku said with a chuckle. “Anyway, Paragus begged Vegeta to become the new king. Vegeta originally turned him down until Paragus told him something interesting...”

Flashback

“But my lord, if you don't become our king who will destroy the Legendary Super Saiyan?” Paragus asked. “What? Legendary Super Saiyan?” Vegeta said “Yes my lord, he has been running amok throughout the galaxy. And we fear that he will attack our new home.”

Flashback

“After hearing about this 'Legendary Super Saiyan' Vegeta agreed to become the new king and vowed to destroy this Saiyan” Goku looked right through Uub as if Uub wasn't even there. “And? What next Goku” Uub asked, jarring Goku back to reality. “Oh yeah, sorry about that. Well, I'm going to skip a lot of the non important stuff so I'll get right to it. In the end, Paragus's son Broly was the Legendary Super Saiyan. Paragus lured us to the new planet Vegeta to be killed by his son so that they could rule Earth and the universe.” At this statement Uub seemed quite shocked, but after some thought realized that this was normal for Goku. “Always you they're after huh Goku?” “Yeah, it seems that way.” Goku gave a hearty laugh.

“So its Broly you were thinking about then?” Uub asked. Goku nodded and said “Broly was the strongest opponent I had ever faced until Majin Buu. I think he was even stronger than Cell. But I wish I never had to kill him. Broly would have been a great help against Buu, and a great sparring partner.” Uub seemed saddened by this “So you'd rather be sparring and training with him than me?” And at this Goku clapped Uub on the shoulders and smiled “No Uub. No one can replace you. Even if Broly was here, he had a strange hatred towards me that drove him insane. I'm not sure how we could...” And at this moment Goku had a strange idea “Wait a minuet. Couldn't the dragon balls...” The next second Goku had placed two of his fingers on his forehead and used Instant Transmission leaving a very confused Uub behind.

At Kami's lookout Dende and Piccolo were participating in their nightly meditation when all of a sudden Goku appears, surprising both Namekians. “Goku, greetings. What brings you here?” Asked Dende. “Well Dende, I have a question for you about the dragon balls.” At this both Dende and Piccolo were both concerned “Sure Goku, what is it?” “Well Dende, since you redid Earth's Dragon, is it possible for the new Shenron to remove all the hatred and evil from a person's heart and mind?” Dende sat down, deep in thought trying to think of an answer for Goku. “Honestly Goku, you'd have to summon Shenron himself and ask him. It should be possible, but only Shenron can tell you. I may have rebuilt Shenron from the ground up, but even I don't know everything he is capable of.” Upon hearing this Goku frowned and looked towards the night sky once again. “Goku, what are you planning?” Piccolo asked “Its rare for you to want to make a wish.” “Yeah I know. I had a crazy idea...but oh well. Thanks Dende.” Goku then use Instant Transmission again and vanished.

At Capsule Corp. “Hello? Bulma, you here? BULMA!!” Goku yelled. “Kakarot, what do you want clown?” Vegeta demanded “Oh, hey Vegeta. I came by to pick up the dragon radar. You know where it is?” Vegeta grumbled and said “I don't want to know...” reached into a draw and tossed the radar to Goku “Hey thanks Vegeta.” Goku was about to leave when Vegeta said “Kakarot, don't do anything stupid.” Goku grinned and vanished.

Five hours later Goku dropped all seven dragon balls onto the ground and said “Arise Shenron.” The sky turned black, with wicked lightening streaking throughout the sky. The dragon balls glowed and out shot a yellow beam of energy in the shape of a dragon. After a moment Shenron was floating in the air above Goku. But this Shenron was different, this Shenron was black and gold, but he still had the same red eyes. “You have gathered all seven dragon balls, and thus I shall grant you three wishes.” Shenron said. “Shenron, before I speak my wishes I have a question for you. Is it within your power to remove all the hatred and evil from a persons heart and mind?” Shenron lowered himself to eye level with Goku and grumbled “It is.” Goku went wide eyed and said, “Shenron, please bring the Legendary Super Saiyan Broly to the Earth's check in station.” Shenron's eyes glowed and said “It is done.” “Great. Second, please remove all the hatred and evil from Broly's heart and mind.” Again, Shenron's eyes glowed and said “It is done.” Goku grinned and finally said “Shenron, bring Broly back to life here on Earth.” Shenron's eyes glowed and said “It is done. Farewell.” and with that Shenron vanished and the dragon balls scattered across the planet. Goku then started searching, and upon feeling a familiar energy signal, used Instant Transmission.

On a snowy mountain a lone warrior stood, sompletly shocked to see that he was alive. After a moment he turned around and looked Goku in the face. “K..Kakarot?!” he said. Goku threw up a hand and said “Hey Broly, long time no see.” And with that Goku started giggling.

Here's Chapter 2.

The Return of Broly
Chapter 2 – Starting Anew

Everyone felt it. Everyone knew who it was. And everyone denied it. No one could figure out how, but they knew he had returned. Vegeta and Piccolo quickly raced towards the direction they felt Broly's energy. Both of them knew who had brought him back, but neither one could figure out why. “I can't believe that clown Kakarot brought Broly back. GAH! What is that idiot thinking?” Vegeta fumed. “I don't know either Vegeta, but we'll find out soon.” Piccolo said.

Gohan, Goten and Krillen were also heading towards Broly, all three of them shocked to know that Broly was back. “Gohan, how is it possible? Did someone wish him back?!” Krillen asked “I don't know. But were going to find out.” Replied Gohan “Hey Gohan, I can sense dad near Broly. Hope he's ok.” Goten said worrying. Gohan nodded his reply, but wondered who would wish Broly back. All three of them were flying at top speed and would soon find some answers.

Back at the snowy mountain Broly continued to stare at Goku. Broly remembered that he had a burning hatred towards him, but now all he could feel was confusion. “Why?!” he thought to himself “Why do I no longer hate Kakarot?!” Goku seeing the confusion on Broly's face put a reassuring hand on his shoulder and said “Broly. I asked the dragon to remove the evil and hatred from your heart when I wished you back.” Broly was shocked at this “Wished me back? How? Why?!” He asked “I'll explain shortly, but for now lets get out of here. I'm freezing!!” And with that Goku started to shake and shiver from the extreme cold. “I know where we can go!” He said. Goku then grabbed Broly by the shoulder and used Instant Transmission.

Back at Uub's village, Uub is outside his home practicing Goku's Kamehameha technique. He has completely mastered the technique, and most of Goku's fighting style. Uub then starts doing hand to hand combat and throws a punch, but the punch hits something. Goku is flat on the ground with a nice black eye. “OW!! Watch it Uub, you almost took my head off.” Goku said “Oh, sorry Goku. Didn't know you were going to be coming in at that spot.” He apologized. Uub then notices the tall burly man behind Goku and can sense a great power within him “WOW! He's really strong. I hope he's a friend.” Uub thought to himself. Goku then stood up, brushed off his clothes and announced to Uub “This is Broly. Broly, this is my pupil Uub.” Goku motioned towards Broly, then to Uub. Uub walks up to Broly and extends his hand “Hi there. Goku's told me a lot about you.” Broly just looks at Uub, not saying a word. Goku then nudges Broly and says “Go on, shake his hand. He's a good guy.” Broly continues to look at Uub, then after a moment he slowly extends his hand. “Hi.” is all he says to Uub. Goku then steps in and says “Broly and I are gonna go talk for a while, so stay here and continue practicing.” And with that Broly and Goku walk to a nearby lake to have a nice chat.

“DAMN IT! KAKAROT YOU FOOL!!!” Vegeta yelled. He, Piccolo, Gohan, Goten and Krillen were up on Kami's lookout trying to figure out where Goku and Broly have disappeared too. “Why? Of all the people we ever faced, why Broly?! What do you gain by bringing Broly back?!” Vegeta wondered aloud. Piccolo was deep in thought trying to think, and finally said “I don't know Vegeta. But if Goku was the one that brought him back he must have had a very good reason.” Goten looked at the sky, scared. He remembered his last fight with Broly so long ago. “But what would dad want with Broly? It just doesn't make any sense.” He said “I mean Broly tried to kill all of us more than twice.” “I think Goku's lost it. Look how many fights he's been in the past few years, they must have finally drove him insane.” Krillen jokingly said. As the Z-fighters tried to figure things out Dende finally spoke up. “I found them. Its hard to sense them, but I think they are at Uub's village.” “Well then, its time too pay Kakarot a visit.” Vegeta stated.

Meanwhile at Uub's village...

:”Kakarot, what have you done to me? Why have you brought me back?” Broly asked. Broly looked at Goku, confusion and anger showing in his eyes. Goku smiled and said “Broly, when we fought in the past you were the strongest opponent I had ever faced. It got my Saiyan blood burning. But I had always regretted killing you. I always thought that if we had had your power, some of our problems we've had here on Earth might have gone better. Plus you would have made an excellent sparring partner.” Goku laughed “As for what I did to you, its as I said. I wished for the evil and hatred that was in your heart and mind to be removed. So that we could hopefully start anew. But I do have to ask, why did you hate me so much anyway?”

“You don't even know huh? Fine I'll tell you.” Broly took in a deep breath and sighed heavily “Its because you were always crying after we were born. You never stopped. Constant crying for days. That's all I can remember from my childhood is you crying Kakarot. That is why I hated you, and everything else. That's why I turned out the way I was.” Broly said fiercely. Goku just stared at him. “That's why you killed millions of people? Destroyed all those planets? Even tried to kill me and my friends because of.....crying?!” Goku was completely dumbstruck. “Hmph. Well for me it was completely normal.” Broly said. He then looked out over the lake, taking in everything around him. “You know Kakarot, this planet isn't half bad. I've got a great idea, lets have a match.” Broly began to power up to his complete maximum. Within seconds Broly had completely transformed into his ultimate form, the form of the Legendary Super Saiyan. Goku answered him by going Super Saiyan 2. “Will this do, or should I go to my maximum?” He asked “Your maximum. I want to see this 'Super Saiyan 3' I've heard so much about in hell.” “Alright, fine then.” Goku then powered up to his Super Saiyan 3 form “Well, what do you think?” Broly's fist was the answer.

“Whoa, did you feel that?” Krillen asked “I do, and its insane. My dad and Broly are both at their maximum.” Gohan said. All the Z-Warriors were speechless. The magnitude they felt between Goku and Broly's power was unbelievable. Vegeta, infuriated by this began to glow with power, “Damn it, Broly's somehow gotten stronger while he was in hell. How is that possible? He shouldn't have had his body like I didn't have mine right Namek?” He asked, looking right at Piccolo. Piccolo thought this over for a moment, looked at Vegeta and nodded “Correct. Like you Broly's body should have been sealed away. I don't know how he gained this much power, but we will find out what's going on.” Piccolo then motioned for every one to follow, then flew from Kami's lookout to Uub's village.

Broly's punch completely caught Goku off guard and Goku was sent flying. What surprised Goku even more was at how badly that punch hurt. “Wow! He's been dead this long and his power has still increased. He's almost as strong as me. Well, maybe not!” Goku thought to himself. Just then Broly appeared above Goku, bashed him right in the chest and sent him into the lake below. Broly sent several energy blasts after him, vaporizing the lake and anything in it. After a moment Goku stood up, his clothes frayed and torn from the blast. Both warriors looked at each other, long and hard. Then they vanished. Uub watched from below, keeping track of both their movements. Surprised that this other Saiyan could match Goku's speed. Then their fists collided. The shock wave produced created hurricane like winds, destroying several of the huts around the village. Shock wave after shock wave, punch after punch, blow after blow, these Saiyans were in their own world enjoying one fantastic fight. Goku darted towards Broly with arm extended, hoping to land a punch. But Broly blocked it, Goku then tried a kick to the face but Broly dodged it. Out of desperation Goku launched a volley of energy blasts with his free hand at Broly's mid section, but they didn't seem to phase him. Broly then brought Goku above him and slammed him down on top of his head, executing a horrid back breaker in the process. Goku struggled, but was unable to break free and Broly continued to pull down on Goku's limbs, pain searing through Goku's back causing him to spit out small droplets of crimson red blood. Goku struggled some more, slowing breaking Broly's hold. He powered up, his golden aura blazing as he broke free, Goku then vanished confusing his opponent then reappeared in front of Broly, using all of his might punching him right in the nose, breaking it. Broly reared his head back, screaming in pain as blood covered his face. Goku took this opportunity and kicked Broly in the stomach causing him to bend over in even more pain, then landed three quick strikes to the back of his head, neck and lower back. Broly began to fall down to Earth but regained his composure. Both he and Goku landed on the ground, not saying a word. Broly wiping the blood from his nose and face with the back of his arm looked at Goku and began to laugh. “What's so funny?” Goku asked “Oh Kakarot, is that your best? If so you better give up now!” Broly said as he continued to laugh “That broken nose of yours says differently.” Goku watched in awe as Broly brought his hand up to his nose and bent it back into place, causing it to crack loudly. Both warriors were silent, their eyes both glued to each other. Uub ran over to them to see if they were finished, but right as he stopped he saw both of them smirk at each other, then they vanished.

Here's a link to my story as well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4562981/1/

Last edited:
Best answers
I'm still going on with it, still writing chapter 2. hope to have it done within the next week.

Edit: Never mind. I finished it tonight. Hope ya'll enjoy it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom