a couple of issues

Best answers
There are two things that are kind of annoying in ESF right now. the first is that when you block a basic melee hit you can instantly counter with advanced melee, not much of a problem vs noobs but when you play somebody who is already better than you and they constantly use this to throw you at the ceiling and basic hit you 3 times then blast you as you fall it gets old fast. It should be like basic melee where there is a short delay before you can attack back.

The second thing is rolling. Not necessarily all rolling but mainly when you get hit into the ground and you roll slowly and your attacker can just float in front of you and hit you until you die. Also to a lesser extent when you just keep rolling and rolling and rolling and it just doesn't seem to stop by which time your opponent blasted you so much you can't win anymore. To fix the slow roll I suggest that when you would roll slowly instead you just get slammed face first into the ground and it makes that little crater under you. To fix the constant rolling maybe it could just be made so that there is a limit to how much can you roll or that the longer you have rolled the better your chances of recovering are.

Please share your opinion about these two issues and any comments you have.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throwing is evil as hell. I hate it. Another annoying thing is when your opponent uses that melee push over and over and over again and you really can't get out of it cause the recovery time is too damn slow.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
to #1 yeah this is annoying. there should be a nomeleeattacktime limit after you release a block

#2 the socalled 6hit combo aka rolling exploit is a bug. also its a banned move on alot of serious servers .. at least here in europe :p
though its as lame as beamspamming or scatterbeamspamming even

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there are a lot of bugs in ESF that people dont relise that they are bugs at all

Best answers
well how about the fast melee "glitch" ? i've heard people claim to be devs and testers, saying it's perfectly legit and intentionally programmed into the adv melee. still, i tend to disagree. any final word?

*for those of you who dont know, people can make the adv melee arrows register much earlier, pulling off easy punch combos right from the start if you're not ready. it changes the 2 second delay and makes it like... .5 seconds.

- also, why not allow a person to charge a jump while they're rolling? not sure how it'd work if they were interrupted by a basic melee hit, but i suppose if being hit while rolling on the ground was solved, it might be something to consider for 1.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kabam said:
There are two things that are kind of annoying in ESF right now. the first is that when you block a basic melee hit you can instantly counter with advanced melee, not much of a problem vs noobs but when you play somebody who is already better than you and they constantly use this to throw you at the ceiling and basic hit you 3 times then blast you as you fall it gets old fast. It should be like basic melee where there is a short delay before you can attack back.

The second thing is rolling. Not necessarily all rolling but mainly when you get hit into the ground and you roll slowly and your attacker can just float in front of you and hit you until you die. Also to a lesser extent when you just keep rolling and rolling and rolling and it just doesn't seem to stop by which time your opponent blasted you so much you can't win anymore. To fix the slow roll I suggest that when you would roll slowly instead you just get slammed face first into the ground and it makes that little crater under you. To fix the constant rolling maybe it could just be made so that there is a limit to how much can you roll or that the longer you have rolled the better your chances of recovering are.

Please share your opinion about these two issues and any comments you have.
It sounds to me like you've been fighting Sarutobi.

The insta-counter and the insta-combo are both exploits in my opinion. There are some devs that admit it was unintentional, but they refuse to admit it's an exploit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom