a bloody fight(radeon x2900 pro vs gefore 8850 ultra)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
which will be the best card of the year?

will be radeon x2900 pro(replease at may 1st)

or the ultimate flagship of nvidia--geforce 8850 gts ultra

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, the one that performs the best will be better. That's really all there is to it.

Best answers
Who cares really, smart people don't care about DX10 until Crysis comes out. That's when both companies will release cards at a good price.

Hsu

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7052

Go there for some benchmarks on the new ati 2900 cards. Also note that these tests were done with the retail release version of the drivers. So if you got one of these cards this is what you can expect in performance.

G-Bear
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Aparently the R600(XT version) is set against the 8800GTS instead of the 8800GTX. The rumours are that the XTX version of the R600, will only be OEM and ATi's cancelled R600XTX retail because the cards were underachieving.

The R600XT price will be about 400 dollars, which most of the time also means 400 euro's. It's between the 8800GTS and 8800GTX.

There are also rumours that the R600XT is underachieving in the present DX9 games, but that will be resolved in DX10 which will use the full potential of the shaders.(5D)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ati Sux Geforce Rocks!

well, i dont even know what the clocks and spec are.
Going by your sig... I have to say that ATI is now part of AMD.
And ATI's drivers are now as good as nVidias. (I especially the Omega drivers, they wipe the floor with anything else).
Back in the days of the Radeon 9xxx series vs Geforce FX, You would have been crazy to go nVidia.

And we don't know how Barcelona compares to the Penryn currently, Nor do we know how the performance compares to Intels newest refresher product, Havent you noticed? Every time AMD announces a new product or an update Intel releases or announces a new refresher?
Mind you back in the days of the Pentium 4/D vs Athlon 64 you would have been crazy to go with Intel...

"will be radeon x2900 pro(replease at may 1st)

or the ultimate flagship of nvidia--geforce 8850 gts ultra"

We don't know what the performance will be until we get some solid benchy marks! (Can't wait personally!)

" http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7052

Go there for some benchmarks on the new ati 2900 cards. Also note that these tests were done with the retail release version of the drivers. So if you got one of these cards this is what you can expect in performance."

They aren't reference clocks, And the drivers aren't as mature as Nvidia's drivers for the latest Direct X 10 cards.

Best answers
Back in the days of the Radeon 9xxx series vs Geforce FX, You would have been crazy to go nVidia.

I don't even care whatever else you said, but lemme tell you that the FX sold equal to IF NOT BETTER then the ATI cards. Don't forget, though you might have not been alive in 2003, the FX series was RELEASED 12-18 MONTHS BEFORE THE FIRST TRUE DX9 GAME, FARCRY!!!!! AND FARCRY WAS RELEASED A YEAR BEFORE HALF-LIFE 2!!!!!

So when HL2 was released the forums and Valve's tech support was full of people whiening about the FX, the 9800 Pro didn't sell **** until people realized that the FX had problems with it, BUT, by the time HL2 was released, NVidia almost had the 6800 Ultra ready!

Best answers
Not a big shock to me. ATi went to their stock holders and told them quite plainly that their next high-end card wouldn't trample the 8800s.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't even care whatever else you said, but lemme tell you that the FX sold equal to IF NOT BETTER then the ATI cards. Don't forget, though you might have not been alive in 2003, the FX series was RELEASED 12-18 MONTHS BEFORE THE FIRST TRUE DX9 GAME, FARCRY!!!!! AND FARCRY WAS RELEASED A YEAR BEFORE HALF-LIFE 2!!!!!

So when HL2 was released the forums and Valve's tech support was full of people whiening about the FX, the 9800 Pro didn't sell **** until people realized that the FX had problems with it, BUT, by the time HL2 was released, NVidia almost had the 6800 Ultra ready!
The fish are biting.
Yes we did know about the lackluster performance of the FX before the first Direct 9.0 games came along.
Its like the Pentium 4, We all knew it was nothing compared to the Athlon 64, yet Intel using MARKETING managed to sell bucket loads of the processors.
In almost all benchmarks it was shown that the Radeon 9xxx was superior to the FX cards. For instance, Take the Geforce 4 MX440 it was able to out perform the FX 5200.
And, the radeon 9800 may not have sold allot, but your forgetting about the 9600 series, which did sell ALLOT.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Take the Geforce 4 MX440 it was able to out perform the FX 5200
Even my TI-83 can outperform that piece of ****.

Best upgrade ever was from that thing to a 9800.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I went from an FX 5700LE overclocked to a Radeon 9700pro for 20 bucks. (Mates rates, gotta' love 'em).

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ati Sux Geforce Rocks!

well, i dont even know what the clocks and spec are.
It's just so funny to Blame That Ati Sucks, Even though AMD owns it nowadays.

Isn't that kinda ironic to say from a fanboy?

--

Oh and you just can tell by Ati sucks if you used to have an OLD card.
Heck, i can say that Nvidia sucks when i'd use Geforce 2, would you believe that ? -_-

Now explain to me WHY is Intel and Ati so bad and AMD + Nvidia so good, please ?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Care to explain Why?

It's true that Nvidia is better than Ati at the moment, but it could be opposite soon.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that is the reason. It was and it is better, so I think it will be better even in the future. lol

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that is the reason. It was and it is better, so I think it will be better even in the future. lol
Wrong. When the series 9000 - and up came from Ati, Nvidia was screwed ( Actually, was screwed before that too. ).
nvidia has only gained the upper hand at the end of 2005 to 2006.
2007 is still to remain unknown.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's only computer components... No need to argue. It's all personal choice and both only seem to have a 2% speed difference anyway...

It doesn't matter which way round, it changes every 5 minutes anyway... ATI, no wait Nvidia, no ATI, hmm... Kellogg's? Clock Speed 500 calories per bowl!

So let's all party, both cards work well for the moment, so who would want more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom