A blast from the past -- Ancient ESF stuff inside

Best answers
Hey guys, Mr. Satan here (can't seem to remember my password from 9+ years ago and the email I used for the account is long gone) so I'm posting under a different name.

It's been a long time since I've played ESF or any Half-Life mod for that matter and an even longer time since I've posted in these forums I think. Anyways, some of my most cherished and memorable gaming experiences came from playing Half-Life and its many wonderful mods from 1999-2005. Recently I was digging through a bunch of old computer things I had stored in boxes. Among goofy things like Y2K survival software and other old treasures I found an old backup DVD full of long lost internet gifs and gaming screenshots.

Among all the clutter I found many memory inducing images from Dragon Mod Z and Earth's Special Forces not to mention so old ESF forum type things. This prompted me to wander on back here at the age of 27 (soon to be 28 /wrist) and share the memories with the current ESF community, enjoy!

P.S. -- If any of you old folks are still around, I hope life is treating you well :)

Last edited:
Best answers
Wow, mad respect to you, I recognize a few of those guys! They are still here and probably would be happy to hear from you again!
Hey thanks man. This is a bit off-topic but after flipping through the forums a bit is ESF Final going to be a standalone game or something?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, that's funny looking at the DMZ screenshots. I remember the models from the released version weren't that good, but I didn't remember them looking like that. I used to actually have a lot of fun playing that game, though. I think I even ran into Grega in a server randomly out of nowhere lol. I actually tried playing DMZ a couple years ago, but I got some error with Steam, so I would have had to try it out on WON to get it to work. I really wish that they released the unreleased version that they were working on though, it actually looked pretty decent.

Good to see you here again, though! I used to go by killa/dReAm KilLeR/sean if you happen to remember any of my old names.

Also bonus points to anyone who still has the picture of the mural before the 2003 one with everyone's real life picture in it.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think i ever saw that one. Though i believe the other 2 from 2004 and the dev one from 2004 should still be lurking round somewhere.

Also Sean i never played DMZ online ^^

@satan If you want i can reset your old acc ^^

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they were site partners maybe possibly perhaps somewhat

I think

Maybe not

I dunno

But maybe

Or maybe not

Spin was cool

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hi Satan,

Welcome back!

I have the mural from 2005 if anyone wants it.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Hey there Mr. Satan, I used to play on your servers all the time. Such mammories.
Good to see you back man! Seeing you makes me soooo happy I just can't contain myself.

goku-goes-numnum-on-nuts_250x187.jpg

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the 2004 pic was the bear family, and 2005 also had a hand drawn pic for the devs sitting on a building.

Lots of artists back then.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Can't say I'm one of the old folks(did play/mod with RaD tho, which feels old), but welcome back!
I remember a picture of some devs on the beach. Devs love beaches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom