A big problem with esf

Best answers
I've got a problem: when I want to play ESF, there's always a mesage
something like this: "could not load library .../cl_dlls/cl_client".
I don't know what I should do! :cry:

Best answers
get fmod.dll version 3.6.0.0 and place it in your half-life folder
uhhh i think its on esf-world.com

Best answers
What's a uhhh folder? (I'm a 15 year's old non englishman boy!)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These are folders alongside files. The ones that say "file folder" under type are folders.

Sound Artist
Best answers
When you install make sure you have the ESF folder in one of two directories.
STEAM C:program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Emailaddress\Half-life\Esf
WON C:Sierra\Half-Life\Esf

Make sure your Half-Life folder (The one before ESF) has a file called Fmod.dll in it.
If it does, make sure it's up to date. Then go into ESF, Make sure you have a file called "client.dll" in your Cl_dlls folder (cl_dlls\client.dll) and check the Dll folder for hl.dll
(dll\hl.dll). If you still have problems post again.

Best answers
I've read that I shouldm have the Half-life version 1.1.1.0 but I can't update anything. There's always a mesage like("your conection to the internet is invalid"). I think invalide means not ok or anything is wrong with it.
Where can I get it ?

Best answers
For all you did not understand my mesages I've got problems with my (the thing with which I write know on the Pc) and so there are sometimes letters where normally should not be a letter!

Best answers
Hey, where can i get dat fmod.dll, i'm gonna check google but i'm kinda confused

Best answers
Well I tried the fmod.dll and it didn't work, i'm still gettin dat msg that Kalle had, IT'S SOFA KING ANNOYING!!!!

Best answers
did you spill water on your keyboard? that happened to me once, and when i pushed like say "G" it would show "tgh" or something. so i had to go back and delete all the letters i didnt need. very annoying. lol. umm yeah i had huge problems installing esf myself, and i eventually got it by installing esf directly into the half life folder, instead of sierra. c/program files/steam/steamapps/[email protected]/half-life/ESF. if that doesnt work just randomly install the whole thing randomly to different places until it works. thats what i did :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go to the link in my sig (Step by Step Instructions for ESF to Steam) and click on the FMOD.DLL file link. I think you may have downloaded an older version of the FMOD.DLL Death_Knighy.

Best answers
Kalle are u Finnish i am anyway do what bouyster told u :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom