9th April release stuff

Mog

Best answers
Lame title I know... but these are not proper bugs, so it ended up here.
These are just interesting things I noticed about the newest patch:

1. Shield Attack no longer has any effect, nor is visible, and the game crashes every time you try to shoot it...
There is probably (hopefully) a good reason behind this? :smile:

2. An in-game demo recording "blah.dem" was included in the full download (but not in any of the patches).
It doesn't work untill you change the folder name back to "esf_inteam", but still doesn't work afterward...
Something to do with an "svc_bad" message error problem thing.

3. "ESF_Bot" folder was included in the patch too... but nothing seems to have changed?
I got excited for about 3 seconds... then I looked at the file modified dates. :(

I can't find the reason the folder is included...
The game still seems to be hardcoded to look in "esf_inteam" for the bot files...
And the old bot personality commands are still gone... nothing changed? :tired:

4. More confusing stuff about the ESF_Bot folder... BotEdit.exe and SBotEdit.exe don't work anymore...
Both apps crash with:
Run-time error '62': Input past end of file
- None of the file modified dates have changed in the ESF_Bot folder...
- None of the file content appears to have changed at all...
BUT...
- The four .cfg files now have slightly smaller file sizes...

The smaller size .cfg files seem to be what causes the bot personality apps to crash... maybe just a compression problem?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lame title I know... but these are not proper bugs, so it ended up here.
These are just interesting things I noticed about the newest patch:

1. Shield Attack no longer has any effect, nor is visible, and the game crashes every time you try to shoot it...
There is probably (hopefully) a good reason behind this? :smile:

2. An in-game demo recording "blah.dem" was included in the full download (but not in any of the patches).
It doesn't work untill you change the folder name back to "esf_inteam", but still doesn't work afterward...
Something to do with an "svc_bad" message error problem thing.

3. "ESF_Bot" folder was included in the patch too... but nothing seems to have changed?
I got excited for about 3 seconds... then I looked at the file modified dates. :(

I can't find the reason the folder is included...
The game still seems to be hardcoded to look in "esf_inteam" for the bot files...
And the old bot personality commands are still gone... nothing changed? :tired:

4. More confusing stuff about the ESF_Bot folder... BotEdit.exe and SBotEdit.exe don't work anymore...
Both apps crash with:

- None of the file modified dates have changed in the ESF_Bot folder...
- None of the file content appears to have changed at all...
BUT...
- The four .cfg files now have slightly smaller file sizes...

The smaller size .cfg files seem to be what causes the bot personality apps to crash... maybe just a compression problem?

1.) Shield attack is getting redone. Maby thatss the cause.

2.) Probably something Hars, Joe or Sky accidently left lying in the new release. I wouldnt worry about that. Just delete ^^

3.) Its coded into the inteam cause the coders make releases for esf_inteam. The open beta is a copy of what we have. So its the inteam with a difrent foulder name but thats all.

4.) no idea about thatone ^^

Mog

Best answers
1.) Shield attack is getting redone. Maby thatss the cause.
That's what I was thinking... hope that's right. :)

2.) Probably something Hars, Joe or Sky accidently left lying in the new release. I wouldnt worry about that. Just delete ^^
Aww... I bet it contains some really top secret footage though? :]

3.) Its coded into the inteam cause the coders make releases for esf_inteam. The open beta is a copy of what we have. So its the inteam with a difrent foulder name but thats all.
True, but would it really take 2 seconds to change it from a hard-coded directory name to a relative one?
Oh well, it doesn't appear to work properly anyway, even when the files are in the places the game looks for them.

4.) no idea about thatone ^^
I would guess it was something to do with file compression, which could be a problem if it happened in the final release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom