• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
On this episode of ESF's got talent.....

Nickerrous impresses the forum with his stunning artistic prowess!
Will he succeed to next weeks competition? Txt your votes now! :p

Nice work Nick, now how about hookin a brotha up with some redsaiyan art?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now the haters can calmly sit the **** down and eat a dick. Also they should apologize to Nickerrous and the Forum for general hipster-ness.

Uuuuuuuunless you have pics of him tracing. Pics or BS. LMAO.

Now, that negativaty aside, the picture is well done. Good show, and EPIC BURN.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I absolutely ******* love how everyones getting on my case for going about that.

But look how many replies his, well, "traced" pictures got, versus his own original drawing, and the positive feedback. Also, he's ******* drawing on his own and he can now get actual constructive feedback so he becomes better as an artist.

Whoa, did I just, what did, am I helping someone become a better artist?

EPIC BURN INDEED.

I refuse to apologize, infact, I think you should apologize for hindering someones ability to learn as an artist. If you would rather have someone trace, as opposed to learn his own drawing, to each his own, but you're harming him more in the process.

Anyways, as far as actual criticism, you got a basic drawing style down which is great, but you really need to work on proportions.

basically, the part where your dick is, is called symphysis pubis. That's the exact half way point from head to feet, so if you look at your drawing, your torso is a little bit too long.

He looks really elongated. I wish I had a tablet to do a quick draw over.

As far as arms go, the left arm is a lot smaller then his right arm. Try to keep them proportionally the same size, you'll be amazed at how much proportions REALLY change a drawing.

Also, as far as his left arm goes, his bicep is like, completely poking out his shirt, and the way his hand is, it looks like from his shoulder to his elbow is twisted. Look at the right arm for example, the bicep is centered because his hand is straight out like that. It looks a lot more correct then the left arm.

On his bigger arm as well, just take the entire arm and shift it to the left. Look carefully from his neck. His neck goes into his shoulder, and you see a dip, and then the arm starts, and then it seems like he has a second shoulder. If you shift that over to where that dip starts on his arm and put that as his shoulder, it'll look a lot more correct.

Also, arms proportionally, unless the character is stylized, the tip of the fingers will reach about mid-thigh, and the elbow his about the floating ribs. Like, dig your elbow into yourself, you'll feel it at the bottom of your rib cage. Keep all these proportion ideas in the back of your mind while drawing, they'll take you far.

Far.

Other then that, words of advice: tracing gets you nowhere. Tracing is just copying, you don't learn anything. You want to draw your own poses and such because for one, it's more fun, and two, you learn form. You learn the form and how to bend and twist it in space, so next time you do that kind of pose it doesn't have to be a complete flat frontal, but can be a 3/4th quarter view (which is what I initially asked for)

Yeah, I'm such a terrible member of this forum, aren't I?

edit: actually i'll attempt a mouse-drawover. won't be good but you'll see what i mean

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I absolutely ******* love how everyones getting on my case for going about that.

But look how many replies his, well, "traced" pictures got, versus his own original drawing, and the positive feedback. Also, he's ******* drawing on his own and he can now get actual constructive feedback so he becomes better as an artist.

EPIC BURN INDEED.

I refuse to apologize, infact, I think you should apologize for hindering someones ability to learn as an artist. If you would rather have someone trace, as opposed to learn his own drawing, to each his own, but you're harming him more in the process.

Anyways, as far as actual criticism, you got a basic drawing style down which is great, but you really need to work on proportions.

basically, the part where your dick is, is called symphysis pubis. That's the exact half way point from head to feet, so if you look at your drawing, your torso is a little bit too long.

As far as arms go, the left arm is a lot smaller then his right arm. Try to keep them proportionally the same size, you'll be amazed at how much proportions REALLY change a drawing.

Also, as far as his left arm goes, his bicep is like, completely poking out his shirt, and the way his hand is, it looks like from his shoulder to his elbow is twisted. Look at the right arm for example, the bicep is centered because his hand is straight out like that. It looks a lot more correct then the left arm.

On his bigger arm as well, just take the entire arm and shift it to the left. Look carefully from his neck. His neck goes into his shoulder, and you see a dip, and then the arm starts, and then it seems like he has a second shoulder. If you shift that over to where that dip starts on his arm and put that as his shoulder, it'll look a lot more correct.

Also, arms proportionally, unless the character is stylized, the tip of the fingers will reach about mid-thigh, and the elbow his about the floating ribs. Like, dig your elbow into yourself, you'll feel it at the bottom of your rib cage. Keep all these proportion ideas in the back of your mind while drawing, they'll take you far.

Far.

Other then that, words of advice: tracing gets you nowhere. Tracing is just copying, you don't learn anything. You want to draw your own poses and such because for one, it's more fun, and two, you learn form. You learn the form and how to bend and twist it in space, so next time you do that kind of pose it doesn't have to be a complete flat frontal, but can be a 3/4th quarter view (which is what I initially asked for)

edit: actually i'll attempt a mouse-drawover. won't be good but you'll see what i mean
You can talk until the cows come home. Doesn't change the fact that your a tool.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

EPIC BURN INDEED.

Far.

Just for future refrence, being a dick and pulling a mulligan still makes you a dick, even if you managed to help someone by accident in the process. I believe you were calling for bans and generally being an atagonistic deuche. That's not constructive criticism. Is there a reason why you didn't approach it from this angle first?

What the **** is wrong with you kids today? Edgy, real edgy. I hope it got you the cool points you wanted.

Oh and, you still accused him of tracing, were wrong, and he totally ******* called you on it. I hope you enjoy your moral high ground, LOL.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
boooobs! BOOBS SHOULD HAPPEN!!!!!

THUMB UP if you think so! (or make a boob version just for me?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom