Body training

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. I was however referring to the established scientific fact that muscle gain (which correlates to bigger, stronger muscles) is attained more easily from heavy workouts. I know professional athletes who do exactly the same thing. In fact, their trainers tell them to do what I just told CoreAlex to do. They don't look anything like bodybuilders, because they don't eat enough protein to grow that big. Instead they grow lean. If you had read any of my posts, you would understand this, but you haven't, and so you don't.

Those videos do not necessarily show how any of those people worked out. And I never said you couldn't work out normally and get results. I said you get much better results from doing it the way I described, and that is entirely truthful. Your two videos tell me absolutely nothing about how the people in them got where they are now, nor does some "using your own bodyweight" exercises describe neither strength nor stamina in an objective setting.

Also, it should be known to you (if you are accustomed to an environment of tough people) that shorter people in shape perform better on most tasks than taller people, because the taller people have far more body weight, and far more muscle to lug around if they are to be "in the same shape". It is also the reason Norwegian Special Forces have a lot more short people than it does tall people (plus, presumably, the smaller guys are harder to hit).

As for your snide remarks and your bull****, take it elsewhere. I'm not interested in arguing with you. Try Zeo.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Avenger: Thanks a lot, your points cleared out a lot of doubts I had.

@Zeo: We need them paints, take your time with Deus Ex though, I still have a week or so before I can start. And really, thanks for the exercise routines. I used to do exactly those before, but I would overwork myself. I'll pace myself this time.

I'll get 8Kg Dumbells for each arm, and I'll see what I can do about the Proteins.

Thanks once again to everyone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind that you should consume some carbs right after your workout to refill your muscles' glycogen stores. It'll help with restitution. You don't need to consume any ridiculous product for that; a chocolate bar or something (not huge, mind you) of that kind will be fine.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FYI, general rule of thumb is weight makes bulk, reps make definition. So it certainly has a place, especially if you want to build endurance. No point in being strong if you gas out 10 seconds in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The whole definition/bulk thing isn't very plausible from my point of view, but I do agree that more repetitions means more endurance. It just doesn't mean more muscle gain. It might be an idea to start out with strength and then maintain it with endurance workouts.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The whole definition/bulk thing isn't very plausible from my point of view, but I do agree that more repetitions means more endurance. It just doesn't mean more muscle gain. It might be an idea to start out with strength and then maintain it with endurance workouts.
Keep in mind more reps doesn't mean you're doing 20 reps. It means you should be maxing out at 5 with the heaviest weights you can lift for bulk, or 8-10 reps for definition, at 80ish% of your overall max carrying capacity. It's a small change in number of reps, but it's all the difference when going for muscle definition.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah. That does make sense, and that is in fact how the martial artists I know tend to work out. Mostly with the 80% approach, though, simply because it's sufficient for good muscle gain and they also get some endurance out of it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here goes the science class boi again, nice job educating yourself, I guess you can't understand my post about working out since that exp doesn't come with your wiki research, and stop flaming me between the lines you ignorant little *****. He should listen to you if he wants to be a bodybuilder type, slow and big, depending all the time on supplementation to stay that way, which is a really expensive path.

You can look good and have badass strenght by working out only with your body weight and find the needed proteins through normal food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXloQ-tDPKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbxEdnDrIk0

Check other related videos of Beastmode, Hannibal and other barbarians. Those guys have strenght that Avengers mind can't figure out through wikipedia.
While this thread is clearly about the manly art of body building and strength training, it is not about the free flow of testostorone in an alpha male enviroment. Please keep your flames in your pants and your wang appropriately covered at all times.

Denz receives an :warning:infraction:warning: for his efforts and remains not the leader of the pack for his actions.

Carry on then. With less swagger please.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Defend your friend with all your swordish lust, I'm not the one who started it..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone knows I'm not Avenger's friend, so I'm not biased in his favor. That said, quiet you.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I believe that what you meant is 1g per KG of body weight not per pound.
Some link to prove http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/guide-to-protein/recommended-protein-intake.php .

That protein intake is way too much unless that guy is some sort of power lifter or w/e.

As for the topic starter : Yeah push ups , sit ups, pull ups, etc are a start but seriously buy some dumbbells . The kind of dumbell that you can adjust the weight on it. Gives you so much more possibilites, hell you could even hang them on your feet when doing pull ups.
No. If you take health and weight lifting courses that is what hey teach you. They teach you your weight into protein is proper diet. Either way I've done it and lived it as did my trainer. I've done supplement training and non supplement training and i must say there's a difference.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Defend your friend with all your swordish lust, I'm not the one who started it..
Did you just seriously call me out for not being impartial? Believe what you like, I don't do favortism. Now get back on topic, or you'll get another infraction. You can reply to me in a PM if you care to.

While it is true that I am friendly with Avenger, he will tell you that I give him infractions when he doesn't behave to our standards. The same goes for any other person on this board. If you feel he flamed you first, feel free to report that post, just like he did with you when you obviously flamed him.

Now I'm a busy man, and doing this from work, so I don't have time for a childish, grade-school rehash of "he started it."

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeo mentioned running but not much has been said about mixing a lot of cardio in with your training. Especially since you want lean and fit looking (rather than bulk and strength) an intense cardio regiment mixed with your body building training is key. If you don't have access to a gym or gym equipment, going for a run is good enough, otherwise I'm a big fan of the cross-trainer at my gym (make sure you set the resistance high enough that you're not breezing through it), or if that's not your thing, a 10,000 metre row is another great cardio workout (if your ass doesn't ache by the time you finish, you're doing it wrong :p).

Regardless of what you do, make sure you get your heart rate up with each workout and push yourself to your limits, as Zeo said, if you do it half-assedly you might as well not even bother.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeo mentioned running but not much has been said about mixing a lot of cardio in with your training. Especially since you want lean and fit looking (rather than bulk and strength) an intense cardio regiment mixed with your body building training is key. If you don't have access to a gym or gym equipment, going for a run is good enough, otherwise I'm a big fan of the cross-trainer at my gym (make sure you set the resistance high enough that you're not breezing through it), or if that's not your thing, a 10,000 metre row is another great cardio workout (if your ass doesn't ache by the time you finish, you're doing it wrong :p).

Regardless of what you do, make sure you get your heart rate up with each workout and push yourself to your limits, as Zeo said, if you do it half-assedly you might as well not even bother.
I was going to throw in suicides but decided they'd probably quit if they through a few of those in there after every set. It's hard to tell someone what works for them if you don't know their fitness level.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have all options available. What are these suicides you speak off?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have all options available. What are these suicides you speak off?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDLDJiEEGm4

T
hat, except faster. Just look up suicide sprints. Again, I ******* hate running, so I try to pack all of it into hyper destruction. I'm pretty happy with my sprint regiment now, but at some point, I'll end up changing it up, if only out of boredom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An easier variation is sprinting a short distance, then jogging back, sprinting up and jogging back and basically repeating till you can't do it anymore.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sprint a half mile with boots on and you're allowed to call it a day. That **** sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is this "mile" you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom