[Old PotW] 8.21.2011

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It isn't the how they're worried about. It's the possible implication that they'd be accepting money for working on a game based on something else without their express approval. That's why it makes sense to accept donations to keep the forum running, as the forum is a separate and different user experience that occasionally says "Hi!" to the mod, but not much else.

What? there is plenty running on these forums...

For example look at all my posts, they are all wonderful and contributing to the community.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what you're talking about.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I liked this technique. Something new for old things is good because v1.2.3 blocking beams system isn't very great.

Btw. Where's lastest POTW? (Monday has already passed)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um... it's invisible! First person to find it wins a waffle!

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
FOund! halflife86.jpg

Gimmi waffles!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im just gonna quote my post from page 1 if you are using the 30 posts per page format, explaining what it is after the guessing game was won XD

There were a few really close ones so ill explain it. Cookies for all that mentioned block struggle and redirection though ;)

The mechanic is a 360° attack redirection possibility on winning a block struggle. Basically it will no longer blow up in your face if you turn the camera to much in any direction. Hars drew up that picture while we were discussing possibilities of how to get the blocked attack past the blocking player without making it go directly through him. We settled on something other than the attack moves round the player mechanic as depicted in the pictures though.

But to explain the pictures.
1.) Player A is struggling an attack looking at player B, while player B is minding his own business.
2.) Player A wins the struggle still aiming at player B, so the attack moves up over the head of player A
3.) The attacks trajectory is adjusted because of the repositioning after the struggle to go towards player B
4.) Attack flies off into the direction of player B
5.) Player B gets hit with the attack, blows up and player A is laughing maniacally XD

We settled on something other than the attack moving above the head of the blocker but the mechanic allows you to deflect the attack in any direction, even behind you if you win the block struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom