Piccolo Render

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Development over the past couple months has been focused on a lot of back end projects; bug fixes, tying up loose ends for existing code and reworking some systems, such as player movement. The downside to this is that it's really hard to show pretty pictures and videos for a lot of the code changes.

However, GodGundam(model) and Enix(texture) have recently sprung back into action and have crafted a new Piccolo model.

The ESF team might be in the market for a 2D artist to help out with the character select screen and HUD. If you're interested feel free to send a note and some examples of your work to [email protected]

Also, When you get a chance you should drop by the forum and thank the beta testers. These guys have been there week in and week out finding new bugs and testing fixes.
Source: http://esforces.com/news/51/51/Piccolo-Render.html

Last edited by a moderator:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you! Tried to create it in that section but I remembered that you need to have staff access to do so.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both look uber fantastic. There's something strange about Piccolo's face in 2nd pic, though. Also how the cape covers his right arm... makes the arm look really... narrow.
I'm really glad he has 4 fingers, just like in the manga.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
yes, well, enix and I sat and talked bout that for a decent while, and agreed that since we already did several other characters similar to the manga style, might as well keep it up. Thus we gave him 4 fingers. It was odd though editing the poses, 4 fingers just looks wierd even if it looks right at the same time, but i think it worked out well.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, well, enix and I sat and talked bout that for a decent while, and agreed that since we already did several other characters similar to the manga style, might as well keep it up. Thus we gave him 4 fingers. It was odd though editing the poses, 4 fingers just looks wierd even if it looks right at the same time, but i think it worked out well.
Now give Vegeta those small single line hair, which he had 99% of the time in the manga! Now seeing how perfect the models are... compared to anything that's been ever made for a Dragon Ball game, why not do that :(

One question, though. Characters differ in size (you made Vegeta smaller than Goku, right? You had to), what about their hitboxes? Are they all the same for every character?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the first picture it looks like piccolo has a mangina. Those folds look strange no matter how many times i look at it. The model looks bad ass overall tho

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the first picture it looks like piccolo has a mangina. Those folds look strange no matter how many times i look at it. The model looks bad ass overall tho
What would we do without you noticing such important things...

🌠 Staff
Best answers
editing vegeta at this point would be extra work on our end (being me, enix, kama and SV, only working on models anymore, Kama and SV also having limited time to work), the hair is decent enough for the most part, its actually the only thing really i left alone from doormats original model he submitted to me for the final project. (his was sayain armor version) but we had changed format for what we were doin with the faces and whatnot for other things for animation, had to change him around anyway.

also, ty for the compliment, i enjoy being told my models are more accurate than the actual console games, helps me keep goin since modeling dbz characters 100 diff times gets boring XD

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is the best Picollo model I have ever seen. It might sound corny, but that is one beautiful model. Its smexiness will go unrivaled in the pages of history.

I cannot wait to see the reworks of other characters.

Also, you Beta Testers are full of win. :3

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kick-ass model man. Nice piece of work.^_^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I can tell you this, Piccolo has always been my choice of character in any DBZ game, he is just so badass. Piccolo-sama is beast. And now that you have made this magnificent and flawless model it makes me even more eager to play as him. Thank you for serving this to Piccolo fans such as myself.

However, I didn't even notice the 3 fingers & 1 thumb in the manga before. It sure does make him look a bit strange when posing. But nonetheless, pure badassery! Job well done GG and enix!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These models you guys have put out have simply made me feel bad for Bandai. I mean... out of all of the games they have made for DB, they have yet to amaze me like ESF has. Simply flawless compared to any other dbz models I have seen. The coloring is spot on perfect. The attitude in the characters faces and stances are a direct picture to model showcase. The facial feature they show in these pictures are perfection. They look as if they had just popped out of the manga. I am not trying to flatter but simply put, its all you can do with a showcase that has been put forward. I mean if you look at the engine this game runs on... the year the game came out... and compare it to this, it would show that it takes nothing less then pure skill and brain power to make this. I have been here since 2003 and have seen this mod grow slowly but surely. I may not even be playing the game yet but I feel the excitement from the sheer show you have given us already. The wait has made these pictures, videos, and renders like frosting on a cake. I have to say that if you guys do decide to make a gaming company afterwards, you should know by now you could easily overtake the competition with sheer fan support and past work growth. The best thing to say is... Congrats. You guys made something that looked impossible... possible. I never would have thought that we would see something like this... A game from 1998 showing up games in the year 2011, graphics wise, gameplay wise, and growth wise.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't think something that is written and drawed in a book would neccisarily work out in the actual finished product. It looks realy weird with such four fingers , it looks un proportioned. If the people who did dragon ball , dragon ball z thought the four fingers would be great in the dbz anime series they would of done so. I really think you should add 5 fingers. Just because it was in the manga doesn't mean it will work out in video games , videos , etc. But besides that great work on the model.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh my goodness, that looks absolutely superb.

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
wow cool I like! GOOD!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think something that is written and drawed in a book would neccisarily work out in the actual finished product. It looks realy weird with such four fingers , it looks un proportioned. If the people who did dragon ball , dragon ball z thought the four fingers would be great in the dbz anime series they would of done so. I really think you should add 5 fingers. Just because it was in the manga doesn't mean it will work out in video games , videos , etc. But besides that great work on the model.
You realize that manga is the original thing, and DB/DBZ anime is based on DB manga, right? Toei only added Piccolo another finger for their own reasons:

All humanoid characters were given 5 digits because they would have to pay a fine to show characters with less on TV. Due to Japan's history, they don't like to show anything that could be related to yubitsume, the act of cutting off a finger to pay for a crime (usually associated with the Yakuza).
Also note that Piccolo's belt is red here.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
yes, his belt is red, like its spose to be in the manga, as well as black nails instead of white nails. hurray accuracy!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. The only time I see Piccolo with a red belt is on toys and certain movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom