Best answers
[video=youtube;uMribG_6G1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMribG_6G1w[/video]​

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad, they used everything they learned from the previous Dbz games. I really liked the destruction caused by the Kamehameha, although I wonder how the map would look after a real match where Ult spam is norm.

Not quite as innovative as I wanted but definitely a step in the right direction.

I do wish they would stay away from the button-prompt cutscenes and allow us be in control all the time, but I guess that would be too hard to implement. =/

Will get it if I get a PS3, for sure.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A combination of Tenkaichi styled fighting AND Budokai style fighting? Interesting. It still looks really repetitive, for I am seeing a lot of the same animations/cutscenes, but perhaps that is just the player. A lot of these Tenkaichi games make things that look cool but get boring and unsatisfying after a few hours of play.

The beam destruction is intense though. And perhaps this "Grapple mode" will make the melee more interesting.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi, now with 25% more QTE :p

All jokes aside it does seem kind of fun. Someone buy me an Xbox 360 and i might consider playing it

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I will add this to my extensive dragonball game library.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HEY LOOK! A DBZ game with Tenkaichi in its name that doesn't suck! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Such bull****. Bandai Namco = terrible company. What I don't get is it's taken over 11 years to actually bring about the word "innovation", and when they do... this is all they've come up with? A Tenkaichi sequel with some new camera work. Sadly, this franchise (the game one), has become unsellable, and obsolete next to anything related to video-games; you could play Tenkaichi 1 and it would practically be the exact same experience as you'd have with one of their new Raging Blast titles.

Dragon Ball, however, still does prove a stronger franchise as a game than any other anime franchise turned video-game. Some of its repetitive and irritating games still manage to outsell 'Street Fighter' titles, which is surprising since Capcom creates amazing fighting games, or incredible games of any genre for that matter. In fact, as pathetic as it may be to say, the Dragon Ball game franchise is the "highest-selling fighting game franchise of all-time" (30+mil copies sold). Yes, pathetic. What gives. How. I call bull****. It is video-game companies that are actually giving beloved properties like Dragon Ball a gross face on the gaming scene. It's just money and pure cash-cow, that's all it is, so I rest my case.

Anyway, I may try this game. I didn't bother with either crappy Ragged Bastard title.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Such bull****. Bandai Namco = terrible company. What I don't get is it's taken over 11 years to actually bring about the word "innovation", and when they do... this is all they've come up with? A Tenkaichi sequel with some new camera work. Sadly, this franchise (the game one), has become unsellable, and obsolete next to anything related to video-games; you could play Tenkaichi 1 and it would practically be the exact same experience as you'd have with one of their new Raging Blast titles.

Dragon Ball, however, still does prove a stronger franchise as a game than any other anime franchise turned video-game. Some of its repetitive and irritating games still manage to outsell 'Street Fighter' titles, which is surprising since Capcom creates amazing fighting games, or incredible games of any genre for that matter. In fact, as pathetic as it may be to say, the Dragon Ball game franchise is the "highest-selling fighting game franchise of all-time" (30+mil copies sold). Yes, pathetic. What gives. How. I call bull****. It is video-game companies that are actually giving beloved properties like Dragon Ball a gross face on the gaming scene. It's just money and pure cash-cow, that's all it is, so I rest my case.

Anyway, I may try this game. I didn't bother with either crappy Ragged Bastard title.

Street Fighter sells 31 Mil+ and Dragon Ball Z sells 12 Mil+ if I can remember correctly. Tekken is above it as well along with WWE Games.

I mean I have only liked one game for DBZ since Budokai 3/Infinite World. That would be Burst Limit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Street Fighter only has a couple titles, and only one of them did exceptionally well. All of the DBZ games combined have sold around 30 million, and Street Fighter 24 million. But... I've researched this stuff probably a lot longer than you have, so I have reliable source, and it's that 12 million bit which I remember reading about several years ago and that was information released by the U.S., and for the games that had been released since 2001, that doesn't count the sales for all of the games in the '90s that never made it here. The problem is that many of these sales are undertracked, as there are just so many titles. It looks like vgchartz has slightly updated their information, they have Street Fighter and DB even, and Tekken above either, which is kind of inaccurate.

Anyway ...

[video=youtube;ktMl1yK-SyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktMl1yK-SyM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;2TJoZc6l3U4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJoZc6l3U4&NR=1[/video]​

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Uhh....considering Raging blast 1 was merely a test for the developers working on the current gen consoles, and was 30$ brand new I don't really see a problem. :| even they knew their game would suck.

RB2 basically just didn't have story, and I don't see a problem with them porting a tenkaichi style game to the current gen consoles. They probably raked in more fans than before, because a LOT of
people just started gaming on PS3/360 as their first console, therefore more fans before they release the game that will actually be refreshing to play. Just be glad they aren't pulling an "Activision".

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Dont like the QTEs nor the 2D aspect. The rest is undeniably awesome. But those 2 are going to ruin the game, if they havent already! If you look at all those gameplay videos all you can see is QTE every 5 sec and slow-mo. This is DBZ FFS! The character is supposed to move so fast that I cant see him with my eyes! But then again they never really did take SPEED as an upgradable factor in the DBZ games. But imagine how **** it will feel like when you play as Gogeta SSJ4 (GT is confirmed for DBUT) or SSJ2 Teen Gohan and you have to go through stupid QTEs every 5 sec. I cant even describe my disappointment

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here are some of the beam struggles, the multi blast one is cool.

[video=youtube;k1Tqhivtqhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Tqhivtqhc[/video]

I'm starting to get worried. This looks to have a lot of flash and very little depth. All these cool cutscenes and animations look like they could get old simply in a demo. Fights look very very very linear and restrictive. That really seems to have been from all the "Tenkaichi" installments, going for flair rather than the fighting mechanics. Yes it's really close to like playing the show, but as a video game it looks like it could get boring quick.

Man I can not wait for ESF to come out.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Here are some of the beam struggles, the multi blast one is cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Tqhivtqhc

I'm starting to get worried. This looks to have a lot of flash and very little depth. All these cool cutscenes and animations look like they could get old simply in a demo. Fights look very very very linear and restrictive. That really seems to have been from all the "Tenkaichi" installments, going for flair rather than the fighting mechanics. Yes it's really close to like playing the show, but as a video game it looks like it could get boring quick.

Man I can not wait for ESF to come out. 2)
Wow, budokai + tenkaichi + raging blast = ultimate tenkaichi? this game will never come out english.

2); A long time done man, a long time done.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[video=youtube;cYzRcYpqtAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYzRcYpqtAA[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still happy playing Burst Limit and Budokai 3/Infinite World. :p

Best answers
so the games that are better than ultimate tenkaichi is:
Budokai 1,2,3
Infinite World
Burst Limit
Budokai Tenkaichi 1,2,3
Raging Blast 1,2
And i played all these games (including Ultimate tenkaichi) and compared to these games the only good side are the graphics nothing else

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom