[Guide] How to play the Dragonball Online MMO!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
I play Dbo. I have 40 level. ;'D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Flying Mode is pretty much sux . To get it you need to complete chain quest which have 3 phases (for 15, 25 and final at 30lv). You start at this quest from different NPC for ech race.

During the quest you get some potions as reward. When you finally get the skill at 30lv you get 300 AP points. They allow you to fly for 1 min then you need to wait 3 minutes to regenerate it (you can fly anytime but less wait = shorter time for fly). To Fly faster you use potions. Each potion have 5 min duration (the ones you get from quests). It allows you to fly faster & have aura. Also there are other fly potions that can be bought via cash shoip (real money) only but they have 7 and 15 days duration but players hope that they will be available as rewards in events. Flying without potions is much slower and its the same speed as using cars with regular fuel...

Overall it's better to get car & fuel from cash shop instead these pots. I mean fuel is for 30 days while pots are max for 5 days. Oh well maybe price is smaller.

There are some rumors coming from koreans that Stage 2 will be Flying Combat and Stage 3 will be Beam Struggle. Korean said to my friend that Flying Combat Patch is ready so I think they will release it very soon (next month maybe ?).

Overall I expected that flying will be limited & my fears come true :=/ I'm extremely dissapointed that isn't free or faster (at least for players who don't buy potions via real cash...).

Last edited:
Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
That is pretty disappointing...thanks for the update though Jarek. Saves me the trouble of reinstalling it, which I probably won't do until Stage 2 or Stage 3.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is this still Korean/Taiwan only ?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They recently added a Chinese (Hong Kong) version but thats about it. No news of a Western release. Even if it comes out, however, the mechanics will be long outdated.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Flying Mode is pretty much sux . To get it you need to complete chain quest which have 3 phases (for 15, 25 and final at 30lv). You start at this quest from different NPC for ech race.

During the quest you get some potions as reward. When you finally get the skill at 30lv you get 300 AP points. They allow you to fly for 1 min then you need to wait 3 minutes to regenerate it (you can fly anytime but less wait = shorter time for fly). To Fly faster you use potions. Each potion have 5 min duration (the ones you get from quests). It allows you to fly faster & have aura. Also there are other fly potions that can be bought via cash shoip (real money) only but they have 7 and 15 days duration but players hope that they will be available as rewards in events. Flying without potions is much slower and its the same speed as using cars with regular fuel...

Overall it's better to get car & fuel from cash shop instead these pots. I mean fuel is for 30 days while pots are max for 5 days. Oh well maybe price is smaller.

There are some rumors coming from koreans that Stage 2 will be Flying Combat and Stage 3 will be Beam Struggle. Korean said to my friend that Flying Combat Patch is ready so I think they will release it very soon (next month maybe ?).

Overall I expected that flying will be limited & my fears come true :=/ I'm extremely dissapointed that isn't free or faster (at least for players who don't buy potions via real cash...).
This was just stage 1 of 3 for the flying update.. stage 2 will include (if I recall reading correctly) flight combat, and from what I know, it is unknown what stage 3 will include. However, knowing this, it is likely that your AP will increase as well.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Lol that was such old post. Well after more testing I can say Flying it's good. They increased AP to 450 and it's decent. And they give out speed potions often on korean version so it's all good. Flying Stage 3 will be just HTB3 that can be done in air only.

Also they announced dungeon for solo players. It's spaeship that fly on the sky so you need to fly to the entrance. Rewards will for beating it will be part for Flying Bike. If you get them much enough you will be able to create one for yourself. Lvl limit for dunfeon will be 41, 42 and 44 depends of difficulty. And finally Korean servers (Goku & Vegeta) will be merging into one (Vegito) but it only concerns players who use KOR version like me. Aside of that updates are slow as always. They planned meging 1 year ago and they even prepared for it. Eventually they cancelled whole thing and they decided to do it now.

Best answers
I cant seem to be able to play.

I need help.
When i try to play it doesnt work.
Heres some of my problems.
1. When i run the launcher it always has to redownload the bottom bar.
2. When i click start game after, it opens it but then a warning message comes up with options of Abort,Ignore and cancel.
3. When i click Ignore THe message goes away and then the game stops responding.

If you know how i can fix this please say.

Thank you

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I need help.
When i try to play it doesnt work.
Heres some of my problems.
1. When i run the launcher it always has to redownload the bottom bar.
2. When i click start game after, it opens it but then a warning message comes up with options of Abort,Ignore and cancel.
3. When i click Ignore THe message goes away and then the game stops responding.

If you know how i can fix this please say.

Thank you

I'm getting the same problem. I've done some research, seems like their latest patch broke it.
All you can do for now is wait for the next patch to fix it. I've read some methods of manually fixing this.
But every time I follow their instructions, the game does not launch and leaves my screen really dark for some reason.
I will keep you posted when I get this working again.

Last edited:
Best answers
Ok i redownloaded and now i can get in.
BUT i dont know how to get past this thing.
When i log in and everything it comes up with some chinese or whatever writing and i dont know what it says but it wont let me log in.
Is shows some yellow writing at the top and red writing at the bottom.
I dont know if this is because i didnt activate it on wasabii but tell me why.
If it is because of wasabii then tell me how to activate it because when i followed the guide it, it was outdated.
So please help me if you can.

Thank you.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Quite sure I made a step by step guide that I have on youtube.. totally fool proof, it better be.. it's like 25 mins of literal step by step stuff. Sounds like you didn't like the launcher perform a total update, so your client version is to old. Make sure you let it update all the way.

Best answers
Well i followed some instructions on the DBO website and it made it worse.
Now it shows this before the game even opens.
Ive posted it on the DBO.com forums but , after waiting 5 days, my patience has run out and i am asking here again.
newerror.png

Please help

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Anyone still playing this? i started this game arround in january , was pretty fun, played on Hong-Kong version since it was really great and not ruined(just started when i played it)

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I would play this, but the game hasnt worked for me since July. Their last update messed up the launcher.
I've reinstalled but to no avail. I followed they supposed fix instructions, but I never could get it workin again.
Really bites cause i got a couple high level characters in there.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would play this, but the game hasnt worked for me since July. Their last update messed up the launcher.
I've reinstalled but to no avail. I followed they supposed fix instructions, but I never could get it workin again.
Really bites cause i got a couple high level characters in there.
well i know how to fix it , first uninstal the game , then download it(TW or HK). Then change your region & lang to Chinese(Taiwan or Hongkong).
Then instal the game. Then put english patch in the folder it says in readme. After just start launcher , wait for game to patch, close launcher , open eng patcher , when its done patching , open launcher and click start :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello , guys anyone playing it? i took lvl 36 now , im fighter(TW server2) maybe if one of you has char there we can lvl together(or if you are lvl 70,boost me a bit) So feel free to answer :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just letting you guys know that a way to translate 100% of DBO has been found. People seem to be working on the translations. Well actually, random people that received the translating tool are just using Google or whatever else translator to try and make sense out of Korean sentences. Also there's a discussion about whether to use the correct terms or FUNimation ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom