Scouter

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
You know how in the series the z fighters could detect eachothers ki, not only how big it was but also who it was? Well i think its cool how we can spot eachother on the scouters we have on esf 1.2.3 But can we get it a bit more specific? like colour co-ordinate the red (enemy blocks) to Orange (goku) Blue (vegeta) Dark Green (piccolo) etc..

Just for enemy readings though. And maybe have all allies white blocks?
It might be a pointless suggestion but i think its cool to look on ur scouter and see theres a huge orange ki reading and knowing its goku before you have to check it out yourself.

Also another small thing. Will reporting bugs on 1.2.3 help in anyway for the 1.3 version? Perhaps it stops the same thing happening again in this version?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Your suggestion makes sense. Although I am sure they already have thought of something regarding scouter management.

About the bugs, no, Final will be too far gone from the initial engine to have any bug reporting matter into it. So all we can do is sit tight and hope they fix most of the big ones. :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think most of the stuff he said is in 1.2.3.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think most of the stuff he said is in 1.2.3.
Yup, he just wants more detailed readings. That will be up to the devs though.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You know how in the series the z fighters could detect eachothers ki, not only how big it was but also who it was? Well i think its cool how we can spot eachother on the scouters we have on esf 1.2.3 But can we get it a bit more specific? like colour co-ordinate the red (enemy blocks) to Orange (goku) Blue (vegeta) Dark Green (piccolo) etc..

Just for enemy readings though. And maybe have all allies white blocks?
It might be a pointless suggestion but i think its cool to look on ur scouter and see theres a huge orange ki reading and knowing its goku before you have to check it out yourself.

Also another small thing. Will reporting bugs on 1.2.3 help in anyway for the 1.3 version? Perhaps it stops the same thing happening again in this version?
Or you could use the combined scouter mode, which tells you the opponents name, class, and his exact PL. So not only will you know who you are fighting, youll also know what character he is using and how much PL he has.

And thats been in since 1.0 Its a bit anoying because it doesnt move round well with the radar function, but the open beta allready has a better solution for that with the new lockon system.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you could use the combined scouter mode, which tells you the opponents name, class, and his exact PL. So not only will you know who you are fighting, youll also know what character he is using and how much PL he has.

And thats been in since 1.0 Its a bit anoying because it doesnt move round well with the radar function, but the open beta allready has a better solution for that with the new lockon system.
But you need to have your cursor on the enemy, which actually makes the whole idea redundant. The point of his suggestion is to know each person in your surround while doing what you are doing, not stop look at each person and then go on with the task.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
But there are 4 issues with this.

1.) Youd have to remember the colours for all characters
2.) It wouldnt help you at all in a server full of one character which is what usually happens in ESF
3.) You wouldnt be able to tell friend from enemy in team mode
4.) It would be really confusing for beginners

That aside i dont see whats so hard on getting the mouse to go on an enemy for a fraction of a second, especially since its needed for the lockon system itself.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The biggest problem with the combined scouter mode, is that character information temporary replaces the radar, which, for me, is a huge no no in ESF. If you're even playing remotely seriously, you won't ever use the combined scouter mode.
A fix might possibly be by having the information centered, and semi-transparent on your screen.

Although I am sure they already have thought of something regarding scouter management.
It's so easy to overlook the obvious, even if you have 10 years of experience. Each suggestion, how straight forward and simple it might seem, might actually have an impact. :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers

2.) It wouldnt help you at all in a server full of one character which is what usually happens in ESF
3.) You wouldnt be able to tell friend from enemy in team mode
4.) It would be really confusing for beginners

That aside i dont see whats so hard on getting the mouse to go on an enemy for a fraction of a second, especially since its needed for the lockon system itself.
^This.

Scouter is small and powerlevels are high. With lots of people you won't be able to understand what's going on.

The idea to be able to understand who is who(the color thing is a BIG NO for me) is if the arrows are not in the scouter but in the edges of the screen if you get what I m trying to say and to have the option to turn off some information like : character, player's name, powerlevel etc

But what IF:

the scouter is the same as now

you can see the arrows(Green or Red) when someone use lots of his ki, uses turbo or Power Up (charge up KI)

you can see the name and character of the enemies only if you did meet/fight them (optional)

Something like this:

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Now add 10 more people who use turbo and you have a clogged up screen with useless info.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well there is the option to turn it off and to see just some arrows. Then you go to the direction the red arrow shows you.

Actually I don't really mind with the whole color, scouter thing, its fine for me the way it is.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Now add 10 more people who use turbo and you have a clogged up screen with useless info.
Wouldn't adding an outline and only showing the info when you get close or are locked on solve that

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

Not if you know the colours of their clothes. Each of them are unique in this regard.

You need to scouter to be able to change your play style depending on the enemy you are fighting, that is the main use of it. If its just one character, you won't need to use that feature of the scouter.

3.) You wouldnt be able to tell friend from enemy in team mode.
Read his suggestions again. You don't need to color your teammates. They can be white.
4.) It would be really confusing for beginners.
The scouter is already confusing for beginners. Those who haven't checked the controls don't even know it exists, and even if they do, its basic to let them gather anything from their surrounding.

Imagine this, you are fighting Cell, and he's right in front of you. You see another red dot approaching from the right, so you take a quick turn to see who it is, after which you turn back, see that Cell has vanished. You check your scouter, it shows the Red is on your position. You automatically look up, he isn't there. And than boom, you get hit with a destructo disc. All within a few seconds.

For something so fast paced, a fraction does make a difference. Besides, how would you read all the info in that time?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
@Proz Scouter only has 1 mode now. You see objects in the radar. The information appears next to the target that you lock on and doesnt affect the radar anymore. [/@proz]

And remember the lock on itself is not permanent.

@Z If you see someone coming at you from the side, then the first reaction is screw Cell im getting my ass out of the way and then ill think of something else. Who cares whos coming, he is an enemy and hes charging me. Also standing still in ESF will get you killed no matter who the opponent is, much less is that you can hear the Disc coming at you/being charged. That asside we also added arrow symbols that point up or down if the altitude is different from you, and squares are used for same altitude. You have seen them in a past POTW and the community talked about them in said POTW thread. Thats been in for over a year now.

Now for the quote remarks:
1.) Frieza and Cell have no clothes, Piccolo and Gohan have the same outfit, Vegeta and Trunks are both Blue in that regard, Krillin and Goku have the same GI, Buu would be either pink or white. And Buddy cahracters would just be a pain. Youd have to remember what 18 different colours mean and youd have to keep it in your head while you are playing so that you dont mistake that KI attack heading your way for a player since those are also shown on the scouter.

2.) You dont need to change your play stile depending on the character class your fighting. You need to change it depending on who is playing that character. Is he agressive or defensive, how well his KI management is, how good his accuracy is and so on. Unless you want to add a different colour for each person that joins the server, there is no point in that remark.

3.) Fair enough. That didnt pop into my mind when i was writing it.

4.) Its confusing BECAUSE they dont read the manual. If they would have even glanced the key configuration, they would know its there. Besides we are changing it to on by default anyhow. But tell me how you are going to explain the scouter to new players who refuse to read the manual when you start talking to them about having to remember 18 different colours so they can tell apart KI attacks, from each individual class. Youd be scaring them away with just the scouter functions much less the gameplay learning curve itself.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Why not having an outline of the character's head then instead of a simple dot?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We are talking stuff the size of about 10x10 pixels. Thats just not possible in a way that youd actually see a big difference between them. That aside it would ruin the altitude pointer.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The new style sounds awesome, also I agree with Grega on the color thing. Too many colors... " insert whatever green joke here"

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Ok guys thanks for the feedback, nothing worse than posting a suggestion which doesnt get answered lol.

As far as this too many colours thing goes, also with the pixel size of these dots being limited..
goku wears orange...krillin wears orange....ffs even yamcha wears orange!

To tackle this situation how about a Orange dot for all these guys (sounds crazy i know) but how about each individual person has the First letter of their name within the orange dot? Basically an orange square with a G in it?

I maybe thinking too far into this, fair play to your comments maybe this is more for a pro style configuration which can maybe be toggled in the options.
All im trying to do is give the game a bit more of a dbz feel to it :) converting the anime to gameplay.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Alex what resolution are you playing ESF on?

The dot size is so small on 1024 that its hard to tell what would be written in it. So you would be more focused on the dot itself and its meaning rather than the fact that hes actually going to kill you ^^

In any case the letters wouldnt work because of the altitude pointers. While you could squeeze the letters into the squares, you cant do it into the higher/lower triangle indicators.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
It was a good idea, just seems that it wouldn't be as useful as it would seem...ah well. Kudos to the great idea ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom